Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    What did they use in those drive by's. Is it like Ron says tire irons? It always comes back to the same thing, doesn't it? To many baseball bats around.

So you're just flat out anti-gun. Guns are bad. period. end of story.

Does that mean you realize heavy regulations don't reduce gun violence?
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
      So you're just flat out anti-gun. Guns are bad. period. end of story.

Does that mean you realize heavy regulations don't reduce gun violence?
      Why do I waste my time on duces? Learn to read and analis what a person has said. Find a place where I support a ban on guns. Go ahead, find one. Less you can then STFU.

Heavy regulation DOES reduce gun violence. Take a look at Australia and deny it.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Why do I waste my time on duces? Learn to read and analis what a person has said. Find a place where I support a ban on guns. Go ahead, find one. Less you can then STFU.

Heavy regulation DOES reduce gun violence. Take a look at Australia and deny it.
        Heavy regulation does not reduce gun violence-look at Chicago. Or Baltimore. Australia and Chicago both regulate guns-one has record high violence and the other has seen its homicide rate reduce at a marginal level. That means Australia owes its slight reduction to something other than gun regulations.

The people who are pro-Austrilia on this are typical liberal boneheads who thought Obama was making the economy the best it could be.

Comment

marginal level. That means Australia owes its slight reduction to something other than gun regulations.
          https://www.theguardian.com/australi...son-per-100000

Comment

Yeah, the murder rate has been marginally going down since 1996, even though it peaked in 1999. Plus Australia never had a high homicide rate to begin with, at least by American standards.

Meanwhile Chicago has heavy gun regulations and high high violence. That means gun regulation does not reduce violence, and that Australia's slight improvement must be due to something else, maybe a culture where gun violence was never prominent to begin with.

What is the difference between south side Chicago and Australia?

Comment

at least by American standards.
              Isn't that a sad commentary?

GUNS!

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                Yeah, the murder rate has been marginally going down since 1996, even though it peaked in 1999. Plus Australia never had a high homicide rate to begin with, at least by American standards.

Meanwhile Chicago has heavy gun regulations and high high violence. That means gun regulation does not reduce violence, and that Australia's slight improvement must be due to something else, maybe a culture where gun violence was never prominent to begin with.

Australia doesn't have large well-funded drug gangs that are profiting on her position along the great transcontinental land routes?

You can make all the laws you want, but you're not going to control those fckers. They have enough money that they can tie into the global arms market, and no statute law can get in the way of that.

You'd figure, though, that in such an environment, that everyone would want to be armed. Being a civilian in the midst of a drug gang turf war is no kind of protection. It's like Sicily: the only armed parties are the police, and organized crime -- and the police are either a wholly-owned subsidiary of the mafia, or they're intimidated to the point of docility. Everybody else on the island is just a victim. Why shouldn't civilians living in such circumstances be armed? It worked for the residents of Northfield Minnesota, so why shouldn't a similar dynamic work in Chicago?
                Last edited by slick_miester; 28 Feb 18, 15:14. Reason: I can't spell. "D'oh!"
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  Australia doesn't have large well-funded drug gangs that are profiting on her position along the great transcontinental land routes?
                  Nor does it have the mindless gun cult.

Comment

GUNS!
                    John, who is obeying those gun laws in a city where the law abiding are not allowed to have them? Were the police being supported when they were arresting those criminals illegally possessing them? Are they being supported now when they do go after someone involved in a shooting? Are they being supported when they are force to shoot a Black that points a gun at them?

Why should I bother telling you about Chicago and it's gun violence when you refuse to believe that the problem is being caused by mostly Blacks with evil intent and a policy created by Obama that has resulted in the police just filing the report rather then trying to stop the violence?

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE GUN, IT IS THE PEOPLE WITH EVIL INTENT.
                    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                      John, who is obeying those gun laws in a city where the law abiding are not allowed to have them? Were the police being supported when they were arresting those criminals illegally possessing them? Are they being supported now when they do go after someone involved in a shooting? Are they being supported when they are force to shoot a Black that points a gun at them?

Why should I bother telling you about Chicago and it's gun violence when you refuse to believe that the problem is being caused by mostly Blacks with evil intent and a policy created by Obama that has resulted in the police just filing the report rather then trying to stop the violence?

Mexico has stringent gun laws, no violent crime either...
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Before we go lionizing the CPD as saviors of Western Civilization, let's keep in mind that CPD is arguably the most corrupt dept in the land. Some of the stuff they pull frankly boggles the mind. To be frank, the only difference between CPD and the gangs is that the cops wear more recognizable uniforms.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Evil intent is a given. The tools that they use should be obvious. How many mass killings in schools were committed using a tire iron or pressure cooker?

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Mexico has stringent gun laws, no violent crime either...
                            Of course the US is Mexico. Just like it.

Comment

Isn't that a sad commentary?

GUNS!
                              Australians own as many guns now as they did in 1996. You need to lay off the CNN

Comment

Nor does it have the mindless gun cult.
                                Right. Because it's this "mindless gun cult" that drives into the city on weekends and shoots everyone up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X