Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by American87 View Post
    Actually, legalizing/decriminalizing marijuana has lead to an increase of usage by adults https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eases-not-kids

    Whereas stricter gun laws do not reduce gun violence.
    Not comparable.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #32
      Alcohol is not a drug?
      Visit your local doctor and discuss.

      Alcohol is the archetypal drug: the drug most widely used and the drug that causes the most addiction, disease, and violence.
      The crap about alcohol being food and not causing instant damage the way LSD or heroine do and therefore not qualifying as a drug or as drugs?
      That instantly makes pot a non-drug as well. Thanks for that, you've just given your go ahead to legalize pot.
      Which might actually be a good idea, since the criminal world is making a 400% profit on pot for the very reason that it is an illegal substance, and that profit would evaporate if pot were legalized. Prohibition and gangsters, does that ring a bell?
      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Since at least the "Last Supper" If it was good for Christ then it must be good for us.
        Wine was not normally consumed to become intoxicated. Wine was produced because the water was often unhealthy to drink. However, one could and did abuse using it. Old Testament, Lot's daughters got their father drunk so they could go to bed with him to bear sons after their mother had been turned into a pillar of salt.

        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        With you CCP gun/guns of choice no less.
        There were three guys hanging onto a highly intoxicated guy in our barracks so that he wouldn't kill another guy with his fists over something that never took place. Those are the kind of drunks that beat up their spouses over nothing.
        “Breaking News,”

        “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

        Comment


        • #34
          That's not correct : a beer a day keeps the doctor away, but a shot a day brings the undertaker near by .

          One can't say that heroin is good and that beer is bad .

          And, legalizing pot will not make pot cheaper: the producers will remain the same and they are determining the price . Legalizing pot will only result in more people using pot and more people being killed . The soft policy in the Netherlans has disastrous results .

          It's very easy to eradicate pot, but as usual, politicians have no balls .

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            The moderate use of alcohol does not hurt one's health,while even a small use of LSD, heroin,can be deadly .
            Unless, that person is an alcoholic. Then, just one drink will kick him, her, back off the recovery wagon.

            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Alcohol is as food = neutral .Eating too much is also bad. But food is not a drug .
            It has zero food value. The calories from alcohol are burned up uncontrollably by the liver to rid it from the body. Even then, it doesn't warm you up when your cold.

            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            The prohibition had nothing to do with alcohol being bad for one's health .
            So, the fights, spousal and child abuse that happened when one was drunk were not bad for the health? That is what fueled the temperance movement that called for its ban.

            What was really bad for the health was when the Feds deliberately poisoned alcohol in order to catch and arrest violators. http://www.slate.com/articles/health...mists_war.html
            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says :love your enemy (F.Sinatra )
            Unrelated to the subject at hand.
            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Drink because you are happy,but never because you are miserable . (Chesterton ) .
            Just don't drink to excess when celebrating. Self medicating when miserable only leads to alcoholism.
            “Breaking News,”

            “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ljadw View Post
              That's not correct : a beer a day keeps the doctor away, but a shot a day brings the undertaker near by .

              .
              So how did Truman survive on 1.5 oz of whiskey every single morning of his adult life?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                So how did Truman survive on 1.5 oz of whiskey every single morning of his adult life?
                1.5 oz that's nothing for an adult man : it's only proving that a little whiskey keeps the doctor away .

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Unless, that person is an alcoholic. Then, just one drink will kick him, her, back off the recovery wagon.


                  It has zero food value. The calories from alcohol are burned up uncontrollably by the liver to rid it from the body. Even then, it doesn't warm you up when your cold.


                  So, the fights, spousal and child abuse that happened when one was drunk were not bad for the health?
                  Don't blame the alcohol : blame the alcoholic .

                  Alcohol is as a gun : if they are used for good aims, they are not harmful .

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    So how did Truman survive on 1.5 oz of whiskey every single morning of his adult life?
                    Or Churchill who drank more and lived longer.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                      1.5 oz that's nothing for an adult man : it's only proving that a little whiskey keeps the doctor away .
                      No - from your own statement: but a shot a day brings the undertaker near by
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        No - from your own statement: but a shot a day brings the undertaker near by
                        A shot = taking heroin , not whiskey

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Or Churchill who drank more and lived longer.
                          The British beverage is less harmful than what people are drinking in the US .

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            The British beverage is less harmful than what people are drinking in the US .
                            Johnny Walker Red is no prize.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by American87 View Post
                              Actually, legalizing/decriminalizing marijuana has lead to an increase of usage by adults https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eases-not-kids

                              Whereas stricter gun laws do not reduce gun violence.
                              You're conflating two entirely different arguments. Stricter gun laws would reduce the amount of people with guns. Just as strict drug laws reduce the amount of people who would use. People expressing their legal right to use in certain states does not refute the government's clear inability to remove drugs where it is illegal. They both will always be present regardless of the law. In the case of marijuana you have people being locked up and killed over what? Something that is no worse than alcohol.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

                              The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                                You're conflating two entirely different arguments. Stricter gun laws would reduce the amount of people with guns. Just as strict drug laws reduce the amount of people who would use. People expressing their legal right to use in certain states does not refute the government's clear inability to remove drugs where it is illegal. They both will always be present regardless of the law. In the case of marijuana you have people being locked up and killed over what? Something that is no worse than alcohol.
                                I'm not sure what you're arguing, but I'm not confusing any issues: decriminalizing weed leads to an increase in its use, while stricter gun laws do not reduce gun violence.
                                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                                "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X