Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chicago

    Here's the latest update from Chicago:

    6 dead and 29 wounded this past weekend. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nce-shootings/
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

    "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

  • #2
    And?
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      And?
      That's a good summary of the liberal position.
      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

      "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

      Comment


      • #4
        It would be a good issue to focus on instead of the nfl.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

        The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          It would be a good issue to focus on instead of the nfl.
          Sure is. Especially when the players support the killers of the 6 dead.

          Teubor

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            It would be a good issue to focus on instead of the nfl.
            Trump was talking about it last night: http://abc7chicago.com/politics/aclu...lence/2524353/

            But you won't see the MSM or Jimmy Kimmel spreading it all over their front pages.
            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

            "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

            Comment


            • #7
              Every hell hole in the U.S. is a democrat city.

              Now that they have lost the presidency, Senate, and House and many state governments I guess the only thing to judge the quality of their leadership by is the murder rate in their cities.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • #8
                Could you imagine if a gay nightclub was shot up and there were 6 dead and 29 wounded? Liberals would be crying for gun control.
                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by American87 View Post
                  Trump was talking about it last night: http://abc7chicago.com/politics/aclu...lence/2524353/

                  But you won't see the MSM or Jimmy Kimmel spreading it all over their front pages.

                  trump should be commenting on US Government or lack there off and not local city politics. Just another one of his tail wagging the dog operations which is just about all he does.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by American87 View Post
                    Could you imagine if a gay nightclub was shot up and there were 6 dead and 29 wounded? Liberals would be crying for gun control.
                    What good would more gun control do in a city where the law abiding are already forbidden from owning a gun? Given that such an inner city night club would most likely be attended by Blacks, why would they care? Liberals would most likely attack the police response while the shooting was taking place.
                    “Breaking News,”

                    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by American87 View Post
                      Trump was talking about it last night: http://abc7chicago.com/politics/aclu...lence/2524353/

                      But you won't see the MSM or Jimmy Kimmel spreading it all over their front pages.
                      Politicians have been talking about it for several decades. Talking won't solve anything, we need action.

                      Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                      Sure is. Especially when the players support the killers of the 6 dead.

                      Teubor
                      That's a terrible lie.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

                      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                        Originally posted by Tuebor
                        Sure is. Especially when the players support the killers of the 6 dead.
                        That's a terrible lie.
                        A terrible exaggeration perhaps, but not a lie. There are some NFL players -- not all, but a few -- who have clear gang affiliations.

                        Chicago's problem, first and foremost, is one of geography. She stands at the junction of several trans-continental routes, routes which transport all kinds of goods and people -- including narcotics and criminals. Yes, Chicago's government and police have always been a hot mess, hotter than most town's perhaps, but as long as there's a demand for narcotics, there will be a need for gangsters to transport them -- and Chicago will remain hyper-valuable real estate to drug traffickers.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                          Chicago's problem, first and foremost, is one of geography. She stands at the junction of several trans-continental routes, routes which transport all kinds of goods and people -- including narcotics and criminals. Yes, Chicago's government and police have always been a hot mess, hotter than most town's perhaps, but as long as there's a demand for narcotics, there will be a need for gangsters to transport them -- and Chicago will remain hyper-valuable real estate to drug traffickers.
                          From the many discussions on this subject, I think this is the first time that I've seen some possible root cause being mentioned.

                          To many, it is much more convenient to blame politicians without looking a couple steps beyond, rather than finding out the root causes and start from there.
                          The same may of course be the case for said politicians, trying to cure symptoms (rather than cause) with their own pet ideas.
                          "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                            From the many discussions on this subject, I think this is the first time that I've seen some possible root cause being mentioned.
                            It's a root cause, but unfortunately it's a cause without remedy. The very factors that made Chicago a great city, that have made Chicago wealthy on transcontinental and international trade, ie its location between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River, also make her attractive to gangsters and narco-traffickers. If it were possible to render Chicago unattractive for drug trafficking, she'd like be unattractive for any number of legal lines of business, as well.

                            Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                            To many, it is much more convenient to blame politicians without looking a couple steps beyond, rather than finding out the root causes and start from there.
                            Long ago the authorities in Chicago decided not to fight the gangsters. It's been downhill ever since.

                            What the Holy Roller Moral Majority crowd omits, however, is that it's their stupid laws that are making these troubles. Just like Prohibition turned street gangs into nationwide concerns, so too does the asinine "War on Drugs" turn otherwise insignificant street gangs into real economic powerhouses.

                            And liberals are just as likely -- if not moreso -- to suffer from the delusion that new laws effect positive social change. Exhibit A: NYPD officers causing Eric Garner's death for selling untaxed loose cigarettes.

                            Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                            The same may of course be the case for said politicians, trying to cure symptoms (rather than cause) with their own pet ideas.
                            You have no idea . . . .
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              Politicians have been talking about it for several decades. Talking won't solve anything, we need action.



                              That's a terrible lie.
                              Trump called for action too. Didn't you watch the interview? The Democrats are leaving the cops out to dry because minorities don't like them, so they're afraid to do their job. Trump called for letting police do their job.

                              Trump and the Fox News crowd have been covering this for a while. If you're interested you should check out what they have to say.
                              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                              "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X