Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California decriminalized child prostitution

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16


    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Not all child prostitutes are victims of trafficking? Then what are they, volunteers? You do realize that in the eyes of the law a child cannot enter into a contract, enlist in the military, or enter into marriage, don't you? By that standard, a minor cannot volunteer for prostitution, either. Such a child must, de facto and de jure, be a victim of trafficking and/or pandering.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

    ~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      Is that what they taught you in law school, the art of saying nothing of any value?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

      Comment


      • #18
        Even with your limited knowledge you always have to comment, when proven wrong you try to BS your way out.



        Stick to what you're good at, count jelly beans.


        Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        Is that what they taught you in law school, the art of saying nothing of any value?
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

        ~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Not all child prostitutes are victims of trafficking? Then what are they, volunteers? You do realize that in the eyes of the law a child cannot enter into a contract, enlist in the military, or enter into marriage, don't you? By that standard, a minor cannot volunteer for prostitution, either. Such a child must, de facto and de jure, be a victim of trafficking and/or pandering.
          Actually, what this law does in encourage (and I believe this is the intention of the framers of this law) Kids in High/Middle schools to form prostitution rings of their own and sell themselves to the highest adult bidders.
          This isn't a conspiracy theory, it has already happened in several parts of the US.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

          -Captain Jack

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            I've stated that Liberalism is a mental disease many times before. Unfortunately we have a bunch of them entrenched in all three branches and there's no hope of getting rid of them. They collude to cheat during elections to retain their power.

            I wish the Fed would intervene and straighten out the fraud and corruption that keeps these repugnant people in power. But as they get more and more entrenched we will see more insanity from CA.
            We need to stop equating liberalism with the left. Marx was adamantly opposed to liberal democracy. Most so called "liberals" do not understand how they have been influenced by pernicious ideology making an intelligent discussion almost impossible.
            We hunt the hunters

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              Even with your limited knowledge you always have to comment, when proven wrong you try to BS your way out.



              Stick to what you're good at, count jelly beans.
              And what, pray tell, have you proven?

              Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Actually, what this law does in encourage (and I believe this is the intention of the framers of this law) Kids in High/Middle schools to form prostitution rings of their own and sell themselves to the highest adult bidders.
              This isn't a conspiracy theory, it has already happened in several parts of the US.
              It's possible, I suppose. Then again, given how Anthony Weiner went down in flames, not only for posting d*ck pics on social media, but he's now got a Federal beef for sexting with a minor across state lines, I'd think that California's politicos would be pretty stupid indeed if that were their actual design. Can't put it past them -- we are talking politicians from California, after all -- but it would redefine stupid.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                We need to stop equating liberalism with the left. Marx was adamantly opposed to liberal democracy. Most so called "liberals" do not understand how they have been influenced by pernicious ideology making an intelligent discussion almost impossible.
                Okay the proper term is 'Progressive' Nevertheless whatever title you want to give them they are the party of un-liberty, taxation without representation, pedophilia, and just about anything that empowers their elite leaders.

                Sounds like the reason why they love Mao, eh?

                Islam as well...
                Credo quia absurdum.


                Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                Comment


                • #23
                  Been around the world more than you, Bubba.

                  Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  And what, pray tell, have you proven?
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

                  ~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wow! This thread is like watching a bunch of people on mind altering drugs arguing with the one person in the room who isn't.

                    It is still illegal to pimp out children or pay them for sex in California. What has changed is that now pimps can't hold the threat of police prosecution over children they pimp out if they go to the cops. In theory this will make it easier to get kids out of prostitution and back into normal lives.

                    I suppose it is a bit much to expect a bunch of adults to support that when there is an opportunity to scream about 'liberalism' and 'progressives'. Silly me.
                    Last edited by BF69; 11 Oct 17, 03:48.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      If kids were smart enough to know the law, they wouldn't be prostitutes.

                      What this law does is get more kids involved, like drug dealers that use young runners and sellers to hide themselves from LE they will now recruit underage kids to do their pimping.

                      Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                      Wow! This thread is like watching a bunch of people on mind altering drugs arguing with the one person in the room who isn't.

                      It is still illegal to pimp out children or play them for sex in California. What has changed is that now pimps can't hold the threat of police prosecution over children they pimp out if they go to the cops. In theory this will make it easier to get kids out of prostitution and back into normal lives.

                      I suppose it is a bit much to expect a bunch of adults to support that when there is an opportunity to scream about 'liberalism' and 'progressives'. Silly me.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

                      ~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The street gangs in the LA intercity run drug syndicates and prostitution rings, this law will not help a damn thing.
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          It helps criminals become smarter and gives them impunity from the current law. Remember, Democrats have too many of their constituents in prison and this will prevent more of their incarcerations.

                          Got it passed on the idea that it will being helping kids when in fact it helps the criminals.

                          Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          The street gangs in the LA intercity run drug syndicates and prostitution rings, this law will not help a damn thing.
                          My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

                          ~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            It helps criminals become smarter and gives them impunity from the current law. Remember, Democrats have too many of their constituents in prison and this will prevent more of their incarcerations.
                            No behavior is bad behavior, unless you are a member of the NRA, that is unforgivable,
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              No behavior is bad behavior, unless you are a member of the NRA, that is unforgivable,
                              Slight change there. With the Left all views are tolerated and accepted, unless they conflict or are different from Leftist ones. In that case, the Left has the right to kill you.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                                I've stated that Liberalism is a mental disease many times before. Unfortunately we have a bunch of them entrenched in all three branches and there's no hope of getting rid of them. They collude to cheat during elections to retain their power.

                                I wish the Fed would intervene and straighten out the fraud and corruption that keeps these repugnant people in power. But as they get more and more entrenched we will see more insanity from CA.
                                This comes from the group of the offended deplorable, I guess...
                                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X