California decriminalized child prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California decriminalized child prostitution

In keeping with the goal of winning the race to the bottom of the barrel, California passed Senate Bill 1322, ( to save the children of course)
    Senate Bill 1322, authored by Sen. Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles), make the crimes of solicitation and loitering with intent to commit prostitution misdemeanors inapplicable to children younger than 18. It also allows law enforcement to take sexually exploited children into temporary custody -- only if leaving them unattended would pose an immediate threat to their health or safety.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

What gives with the California State Legislature? Did someone slip Acid into the coffee there?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      What gives with the California State Legislature? Did someone slip Acid into the coffee there?

Pruitt
      Read, that Bill does no such thing.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The bills in question decriminalize child prostitution only for the children being exploited as prostitutes. Presumably human trafficking and pandering will remain felonies.

I get the gist, but there's a couple of points I don't get. From the OP's link:

Senate Bill 1322 . . . . also allows law enforcement to take sexually exploited children into temporary custody -- only if leaving them unattended would pose an immediate threat to their health or safety.
        How can "sexually exploited children" not be facing "immediate threat to their health and safety"? Perhaps the LA Times phrased it poorly, or they simply don't understand, but I'm worried that the bill is drafted that stupidly.

More from the OP's link:

Brown in 2014 signed legislation placing sex trafficking victims without legal guardians under the authority of the dependency system, which centers on caring for abused and neglected children. And SB 1322 and SB 1129 drew the support of a large coalition of advocates who said the legislation was the next step in proving a better path to social services for children and teens forced into prostitution.

But opponents argued the state lacks the network of social services to protect them. Vulnerable minors, they said, often donít see themselves as victims, run away from unsecured shelters and remain tied to their traffickers through complicated psychological and emotional bonds.
        - emphasis mine

I think that the opponents are right about this one. Treating former prostitutes is known to be a tricky thing, entangled with issues as disparate as substance abuse and emotional dependency. And since common sense dictates that A) social workers are as useful as t*ts on bulls, and B) that their unions will move heaven and earth to protect them from the charges of pandering and statutory rape that will inevitably arise when those halfwits are exposed to a population of vulnerable minors, how will the State of California be serving these victims' needs in a real sense? Strikes me as if these laws sound good, but the good that's intended isn't so much for the exploited minors as it is meant as a moral balm for useless middle class bleeding hearts.
        Last edited by slick_miester; 10 Oct 17, 11:31.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Pruitt
          I've stated that Liberalism is a mental disease many times before. Unfortunately we have a bunch of them entrenched in all three branches and there's no hope of getting rid of them. They collude to cheat during elections to retain their power.

I wish the Fed would intervene and straighten out the fraud and corruption that keeps these repugnant people in power. But as they get more and more entrenched we will see more insanity from CA.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Read, that Bill does no such thing.
            I read the article and it says that.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Can liberal Democrats get any dumber? It seems that decriminalizing prostitution will cause it to increase. Take the penalty away and where is the discouragement?
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Pruitt
                If only it were just that... You can't naturally be this stupid. This level of stupidity isn't found in nature, it kills itself off. It takes years of study at a major university to get this stupid.

Comment

For the dimwits that contend that these bills decriminalize prostitution for all involved: from the OP's link

Gov. Jerry Brown on Monday signed more than half a dozen bills that decriminalize prostitution and increase protections for young trafficking victims in court amid growing efforts in California to help children and young adults swept into the trade of forced sex and labor.
                  Paragraph 1: the decriminalization in question is for "young trafficking victims" and "children and young adults swept into the trade of forced sex and labor."

. . . . Most of the proposals have focused on the trade of forced sex and reflect a cultural shift in the approach to prostitution that aims to divert victims forced into the industry away from the criminal justice system. . . . .
                  Paragraph 3: victims of trafficking are to be viewed as victims, not perps, and therefore steered away from the criminal justice system.

Senate Bill 1322, authored by Sen. Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles), make the crimes of solicitation and loitering with intent to commit prostitution misdemeanors inapplicable to children younger than 18. . . . .
                  The charging of minors with these offenses will cease. Nowhere are adults so mentioned.

No where does it say that adults involved with prostitution, either as pimps, traffickers, or johns, should be immune from prosecution. Only minors on the victim end of the business are to be afforded such consideration.

By the way, did anyone happen to notice that the OP's article is dated 30 Sep 2016?

Comment

I read the article and it says that.

Pruitt
                    NOPE, slick made it easier to understand for the challenged.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Well, there's challenged and then there's challenged. For example, as kids we were too poor to afford the gear so we played football on asphalt without helmets. No doubt that explains a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        The charging of minors with these offenses will cease. Nowhere are adults so mentioned.

No where does it say that adults involved with prostitution, either as pimps, traffickers, or johns, should be immune from prosecution. Only minors on the victim end of the business are to be afforded such consideration....
                        So, a 16 or 17 year-old bully could be forcing 11 or 12 year-olds to be prostitutes and there would be no crime being committed.

And, that's fine with everyone in Cali?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. Bigtime.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

And still got it wrong. Not all child prostitutes are victims of trafficking. Wake up.

My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            So, a 16 or 17 year-old bully could be forcing 11 or 12 year-olds to be prostitutes and there would be no crime being committed.

And, that's fine with everyone in Cali?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. Bigtime.
                            I'd have to read the actual code, but I'm guessing that abduction and pandering are crimes regardless of the suspect's age.

By the way, I did state that the bills' aims were unreasonably lofty, didn't I?

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                              And still got it wrong. Not all child prostitutes are victims of trafficking. Wake up.
                              Not all child prostitutes are victims of trafficking? Then what are they, volunteers? You do realize that in the eyes of the law a child cannot enter into a contract, enlist in the military, or enter into marriage, don't you? By that standard, a minor cannot volunteer for prostitution, either. Such a child must, de facto and de jure, be a victim of trafficking and/or pandering.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X