Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Mass shooting in Las Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    It's time we start treating domestic terror with the same urgency as radical Islamic terror. It's not Muslims I'm worried about when at any large event.
    Are you suggesting that is was an act of terrorism, ie there was a political aspect behind it? To the best of my knowledge the authorities haven't announced a motive one way or the other.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Are you suggesting that is was an act of terrorism, ie there was a political aspect behind it? To the best of my knowledge the authorities haven't announced a motive one way or the other.
      There are some things that don't add up right now. Some people at the festival have mentioned that a woman approached them, 45 minutes before the shooting and told them they were all about to die. If those accounts are indeed true there was an accomplice in this. If he didn't act alone, it's more likely to be an act of terror.

It's also been reported that MaryLou had a bunch of crazy left wing ideology on her facebook page. If the police are saying she's not involved then maybe that doesn't matter.

Whether it was politically motivated or not does it make it any better? If we want the country to be safe, it's more than just Muslims and radical Islam we need to be concerned with.
      Last edited by TactiKill J.; 02 Oct 17, 12:29.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by asterix View Post
        I've not seen this on any of the major news networks...where do you see this?
        Jihad Watch

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          There are some things that don't add up right now. Some people at the festival have mentioned that a woman approached them, 45 minutes before the shooting and told them they were all about to die. If those accounts are indeed true there was an accomplice in this. If he didn't act alone, it's more likely to be an act of terror.

It's also been reported that MaryLou had a bunch of crazy left wing ideology on her facebook page. If the police are saying she's not involved then maybe that doesn't matter.

Whether it was politically motivated or not does it make it any better? If we want the country to be safe, it's more than just Muslims and radical Islam we need to be concerned with.
          And so urban myths and conspiracy theories get born.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Odds are one of two reasons behind this:

1. The guy did have a political agenda but it wasn't Islamic in nature. Maybe a 25% chance.

2. The guy had issues mental, emotional, or the like. Rough guess 75% chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              All this has been already discussed .

Factless ?

You don't know that the Germans switched from shooting to gas chambers to exterminate the Jews ?

Or maybe you pretend to not know ?

The SoB who murdered 58 persons, did not murder them because he had a gun, but because he liked to murder people .

People who have a gun are not more dangerous than people without gun .

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

1. The guy did have a political agenda but it wasn't Islamic in nature. Maybe a 25% chance.

Or both
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  And so urban myths and conspiracy theories get born.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Or 3:
                    He just snapped.
                    In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

It does meet the State of Nevada's definition of terrorism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5a09ff923d2b

Nevada law has a clear definition of terrorism: “The use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population.”
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
                        Or 3:
                        He just snapped.
                        That's covered by option #2

Comment

• He was 64, no wife, no children. He lived in a retirement home despite being only 64, the last indicates he had some form of health issue.

My guess is that something recent made him flip but he had a lot of resentment against the world already, blaming the everyone else for his own failures.
                          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• So what caused this person to do something like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                              He was 64, no wife, no children. He lived in a retirement home despite being only 64, the last indicates he had some form of health issue.

My guess is that something recent made him flip but he had a lot of resentment against the world already, blaming the everyone else for his own failures.
                              No, it was not a retirement 'home'. It was a retirement community meaning a suburb that catered to residence over a certain age. Usually 55 or 60. The people own their own homes usually single family or 'villa's.

It has no reflection on his health or his ability to get around.
                              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              And why the sea is boiling hot—
                              And whether pigs have wings.”
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Geez...Can ya give it 24 Hours before the normal BS and conspiracy stuff...!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X