High School to ban kneeling during anthemn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School to ban kneeling during anthemn

Parkway Highschool in Bossier City, Louisiana, will not allow its athletes to kneel during the national anthem.

Originally posted by The Economist
    Parkway players attending “any sporting event in which their team is participating”, wrote Waylon Bates, the principal, must “stand in a respectful way throughout the National Anthem”. Anyone who kneels, sits or makes any sign of disrespect will risk being benched, or, with “continued failure to comply”, subjected to “removal from the team”.
    Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
    Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
    USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Always nice to see someone that has balls and does what is right.

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
    Parkway Highschool in Bossier City, Louisiana, will not allow its athletes to kneel during the national anthem.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

these 8 year olds are being taught to be anti-police, pro-criminal
      so the cycle goes on and on--disrespect police--resist lawful orders by police-get shot

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/20/yo...ational-anthem

Comment

Hey you black guys who kneel, your President respects your race so why don't you respect the flag that he represents?..

Comment

Public schools are already like jails with cops on duty. I would like to see all schools privatized and have parents pay for their education. Anyone that doesn't make the standard can pick up trash on the side of the road.

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
          so the cycle goes on and on--disrespect police--resist lawful orders by police-get shot

My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
            All the more reason for them to kneel. Not being able to take a knee during a national anthem is clearly an infringement of freedom, so there will be resistance but the resistance is due to how anti protesters are presenting their argument.

This whole flag issue or standing for the national anthem at sports games was never an issue during the Clinton and GWB years. Its to bad that today it is an issue. The way its shaped its why its a big deal, whites and blacks who kneel do it because they are not respected, and they are being bullied and ignored so they are standing up for their beliefs.

There has been a rise in controlled thinking in the US. Americans are accepting for example that its ok to use a term like white supremacist or Islamic supremacist such words were pretty much non existent during the Clinton and GWB years. If anything the guys taking a kneel are free from being controlled.

Folks are going to Ann Coulter, Bill Mahar, Alex Jones, as well as all sorts of Atheists like Christopher Hitchens and others who abhor religious success and how religion made societies beautiful. Well to each their own. But there are those whom are going back to studying the Roman Empire and Catholic Kingdoms as a means of figuring out how to improve our modern societies. And this is the way forward for America we are very free but we can improve and can do so by looking back to the great Empires and Kingdoms of history.
            Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 30 Sep 17, 21:08.
            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              Public schools are already like jails with cops on duty. I would like to see all schools privatized and have parents pay for their education. Anyone that doesn't make the standard can pick up trash on the side of the road.
              some public schools do well--it's the parents-parent/culture that are the problem

Comment

Two Texas high school football players kicked off team for protest during anthem

Don't mess with Texas...football coaches that is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...RvA?li=BBnba9I

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                  Hey you black guys who kneel, your President respects your race so why don't you respect the flag that he represents?..

I don't know what celebrity apprentice has to do with anything, but Trump wasn't in office when the protests began. Trump had nothing to do with the protests until he infringed on their right to free speech.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    I don't know what celebrity apprentice has to do with anything, but Trump wasn't in office when the protests began. Trump had nothing to do with the protests until he infringed on their right to free speech.
                    How do you make so much crap up? When did Trump infringed on their right to free speech?
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Free Speech is not consequence free speech.

Just because your freedom of speech can not be infringed by the law itself (outside of what has been accepted as specific types of speech), doesn't mean that it's magically free of any consequences.

I could run through the West side blasting racial epithets, it's my right. But consequences are 1) I'd be fired from my job and 2) I'd get the crap beat out of me by the denizens of the West side.

When people confuse freedom to do something with freedom of any consequence from doing something, that is when freedom is replaced with tyranny.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        How do you make so much crap up? When did Trump infringed on their right to free speech?
                        He hasn't. But if he could, would he?
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

With this con I almost lost my lunch.

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            I guess you never heard of the property tax, sales tax, and sin taxes, all of which are levied equally on both the rich, the working class, retirees, couples with no children, and welfare recipient to pay for the wasteful spending in the public schools and the salaries of tenured unionized teachers, people that cannot be fired for poor performance.

Far better, a voucher system where parents would be allowed to select the school of their choice, be it a private academy, church run school, charter, or the public school. That would force all school systems to compete for the students by providing a quality education tailored for the requirements of the parents.
                            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post

BS! They are being taught to respect the rules and the national anthem, something they should already know. I did at that age.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X