Former police officer arrested near White House with arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former police officer arrested near White House with arsenal

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man arrested near the White House Sunday morning is a former Memphis police officer who had an arsenal of weapons in his car and believed the CIA had implanted a chip in his head, according to court documents.

Timothy J. Bates, 37, of Collierville, Tenn. appeared in a District of Columbia court Monday morning on charges of illegally carrying a rifle or shotgun.

According to court documents, Bates was approached by uniformed members of the Secret Service Sunday at the corner of 17th Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue as he appeared to be publicly urinating. He told the officers that he was trying to reach Defense Secretary Gen. James Mattis or NSA Director Adm. Mike Rogers “for advice on missing paychecks and how to get the dog chip out of my head.”

Bates gave officers permission to search his illegally parked car and they discovered nine firearms including a Bushmaster assault rifle and a loaded AK-47.
    https://apnews.com/63c2b5dc04a547918...e-with-arsenal

Seems like he was Bates-**** insane!
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Maybe the newsies definition of arsenal and mine differ somewhat. Oh well, whatever sells!

GG
      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Just another Hillary supporter, nothing to see here.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Okay, crazy guy... Thank the Left for closing all the mental hospitals rather than fixing them up to treat people who shouldn't be wandering around unsupervised.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Okay, crazy guy... Thank the Left for closing all the mental hospitals rather than fixing them up to treat people who shouldn't be wandering around unsupervised.
            Don't know if that was a left/right thing. 'Round here lefties like Bobby Kennedy (whom I detest) and Geraldo "Camera Wh*re" Rivera made their bones griping about the Willowbrook institution -- which was frankly outright horrid. When the backlash came, rather than investing in improving the place, the NYS Dept of Mental Hygiene just up and closed the place. The trend since has been to treat psychiatric patients in out-patient settings whenever possible. The APA says that out-patients treatments are generally more effective for most patients, but it can't be ignored that out-patient is also a hell of a lot cheaper than in-patient. Certainly the taxpayers will notice.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Erm Ronald Reagan?!?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Don't know if that was a left/right thing. 'Round here lefties like Bobby Kennedy (whom I detest) and Geraldo "Camera Wh*re" Rivera made their bones griping about the Willowbrook institution -- which was frankly outright horrid. When the backlash came, rather than investing in improving the place, the NYS Dept of Mental Hygiene just up and closed the place. The trend since has been to treat psychiatric patients in out-patient settings whenever possible. The APA says that out-patients treatments are generally more effective for most patients, but it can't be ignored that out-patient is also a hell of a lot cheaper than in-patient. Certainly the taxpayers will notice.
                Yeah, blaming the left for what was a very broad movement is grasping at straws to create a partisan effigy. The horror stories about state-run institutions, the medical bureaucracy that could hold people against their will (even without actual mental issues), and the rising costs of such institutions and programs created a multi-headed resistance to the old system over decades.

And since nobody today is willing to pick up the bill to treat the infirm and mentally unsound, trying to blame "the other guy" doesn't work well. Americans don't want to spend more money on the issue now - even if we didn't have that wall of legal and ethical issues to overcome anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X