X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea Manning says she was denied entry into Canada

Oh Canada,

way to go! Someone finally grew a pair!

Chelsea Manning, the former US soldier jailed for leaking classified information, says she has been denied entry into Canada.
    Manning has tweeted a letter from the federal government that appears to show that she has been deemed inadmissible for entry.
    The letter suggests Manning is not allowed in based on her conviction in the US on charges of espionage.
    She was freed from prison in May after serving seven years of her sentence.
    Former US president Barack Obama commuted her 35-year sentence before he left office earlier this year but did not pardon her.
    Under Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, a foreign national can be inadmissible on a number of grounds related to "criminality" and "serious criminality".
    The government letter cites the fact of her having been convicted of an offence in the US that would result in a prison term that carries a maximum sentence of at least 10 years in Canada.
    It notes that the American charges under the espionage act would, if committed in Canada, "equate an indictable offence, namely treason" under the criminal code.
    Manning apparently tried to cross into Canada at a New York-Quebec border crossing on Friday.
    She said on Twitter that she would be challenging the denial of entry at an admissibility hearing.
    Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was asked about the incident on Monday and said he had no comment.
    The transgender soldier, born Bradley Manning, leaked diplomatic cables and other documents to Wikileaks in 2010, one of the largest breaches of classified material in US history.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41391072
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Oh Canada,

way to go! Someone finally grew a pair!
    He Chelsea Manning, lost his by dangling them in a bowl of Weedol

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

How has this deprived Canada in any way?

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Awwww.... The little felon can't go to Canada because Canada doesn't want traitorous felons from other countries wandering around in Canada...

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          How has this deprived Canada in any way?

Pruitt
          Who said it did?
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Awww... Chelsea Manning is butt hurt... Wait... no she doesn't have to do that any more... Man I don't have enough beer to wash that thought out of my head... ugg!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Awww... Chelsea Manning is butt hurt... Wait... no she doesn't have to do that any more... ...
              Please tell me that wasn't done at Taxpayer expense.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Why do you think he was in the Army?

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Canada stops more than Felons, if you have a US Conviction for any one of numerous crimes you'll have trouble if you just show up at the Border. One that gets many in trouble is a simple DUI. If you do not apply in advance for and exception the odds are very high that you'll be denied entry.
                  “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  And why the sea is boiling hot—
                  And whether pigs have wings.”
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

...I don't have enough beer to wash that thought out of my head...
                    Time to make a run and stock up.

Comment

I think that the former male person now identifying as Chelsea Manning will find that he/she is going to be singled out for circumspection no matter where he/she chooses to travel.
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Awww... Chelsea Manning is butt hurt... Wait... no she doesn't have to do that any more... Man I don't have enough beer to wash that thought out of my head... ugg!
                        ()

GG
                        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                          I think that the former male person now identifying as Chelsea Manning will find that he/she is going to be singled out for circumspection no matter where he/she chooses to travel.
                          ...and Canada doesn't need the headaches. Very smart, if you ask me!

GG
                          "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Why is this even news? Who cares?
                            My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              Please tell me that wasn't done at Taxpayer expense.
                              Of course it was. Military service is a ploy for those transgenders who desperately desire sex re-assignment surgery but who don't have the money to pay for it. With all the uber PC that the military services have to espouse, it wouldn't do to deny these 'poor abused minorities' the all-inclusiveness of the US military and the largesse of its medical corps.
                              Last edited by Jose50; 26 Sep 17, 09:22.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X