Zinke: One-third of Interior employees not loyal to Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinke: One-third of Interior employees not loyal to Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said Monday that nearly one-third of employees at his department are not loyal to him and President Donald Trump, adding that he is working to change the department’s regulatory culture to be more business friendly.

Zinke, a former Navy SEAL, said he knew when he took over the 70,000-employee department in March that, “I got 30 percent of the crew that’s not loyal to the flag.”

In a speech to an oil industry group, Zinke compared Interior to a pirate ship that captures “a prized ship at sea and only the captain and the first mate row over” to finish the mission.

“We do have good people” at Interior, he said, “but the direction has to be clear and you’ve got to hold people accountable.”
    https://apnews.com/570c910d21be41869...loyal-to-Trump

Cool... This means he's fired enough Gorebots to get it down to 30%...
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

What comes next, required party membership?

Comment

I'm not sure of Zinke worded that poorly or is serious. I assume the former, which is to mean that a third of Interior employees are Progressive Leftists and out to sabotage the administration rather than do their jobs as government employees.

I could easily see many in the Interior department more concerned about a Leftist environmental agenda than doing their jobs as required by law and agency policy.

Comment

That's strange, because there was no similar study done under Obama.

Comment

If you take it purely on the numbers, it should be about 40% (being the number of average joes who are Dumocfrats... versus 40% who are Repuglicans....) and around 20% who couldn't make up their mind on a good day. (Typical for Gov't employees!)

Sounds like he's got himself a deal if only 30% are "not loyal". (.... and where in the hell did THAT requirement come from?)
            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

There no requirement to be loyal. They work for the government and the POTUS is only one part of it. They nor anybody else doesn't have to swear true faith and allegiance to a person. We don't live in a Nazi Germany like country, yet.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                We don't live in a Nazi Germany like country, yet.
                Til a Democrat becomes Potus,who will govern with the help of the Antifa militia .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                  ...Til a Democrat becomes Potus,who will govern with the help of the Antifa militia...
                  Works for me.

Comment

There no requirement to be loyal. They work for the government and the POTUS is only one part of it. They nor anybody else doesn't have to swear true faith and allegiance to a person. We don't live in a Nazi Germany like country, yet.

Yet!!

Comment

Why does anyone expect the bureaucracy to be loyal to the executive department?

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The president is the head of the executive branch,interior is a part of the executive branch, thus ....

Comment

Eight years of hiring **** under Obama, what did you think?

My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I've noticed that many authors are now using phrases like, "under Trump's administration" to stick it to him even when the article has nothing to do with anything he has done. Trying to brainwash the already stupid people out there.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I'm not sure of Zinke worded that poorly or is serious. I assume the former, which is to mean that a third of Interior employees are Progressive Leftists and out to sabotage the administration rather than do their jobs as government employees.

I could easily see many in the Interior department more concerned about a Leftist environmental agenda than doing their jobs as required by law and agency policy.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Under Hillary we would have.

My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X