What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now?

Just to make things perfectly clear: I heard that Trump wistfully (Well, maybe not WISTFULLY...) say that he wished he could hear one of the NFL owners say to one of the protesters..... etc. etc..

Now. How in the hell that amounts to DEMANDING that they be fired...... like I have heard al least three talking heads say in the past ten minutes or so? Just another example of "GOTCHA", and pour it on. Just like they have been doing for the past year.

Mind you, there is the concept of "free speech" (Which the libs seem to think that they have the final arbitration on.) in this Country.

I fully agree with the concept of free speech. Except to note that once we stop respecting our flag and nation and start becoming a folk that respect only out own needs and wants; I submit that we are not a Nation at all. Just a collection of individuals wo want it THEIR way.

Maybe that's why we can't get any decent people to run for president. The decent people have thrown in the towell and we are only left with the crooks, the fast buck guys, the guys with an angle. The cons!

Man, this Country is really in a chit storm.

GG
    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Well, the way I see it is the NFL is a corporation of sorts. The teams are corporations, and their players employees. Now, if an employer wants to make a political statement and his employees are going along with that so-be-it.

But, the owners and players, along with the NFL almost never (I think Green Bay is the only exception) own the stadium(s) that they play in. These are publicly financed and owned in most, if not all, cases.

So, it seems to me that the players and owners should be doing this political protesting on their own time, not the public's.

If the owner disagrees with his players, he should dock their pay or fire them.

As it is, I suspect the NFL is going to find its attendance numbers going down over this crap. It's rare that the public-at-large will put up with Leftist oriented BS for long, and Progressives are hardly the sort to be hardcore football fans.

Comment

The NFL's own numbers show attendance down about 10% over last year. That's if you believe their numbers.

People pay their money to see a football game and not a political protest.

"Despite claims that attendance was over 70,000, anyone with eyes could see that the stadium was largely empty."
      http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-a...ce-down-2017-9

{}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

That's the NFL rules.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

That's the NFL rules.
          Their rules, their choice to enforce. Considering how many owners smacked down President Trump on this, including his pal Mr Kraft of the NE Patriots, I'm going to bet they'll elect not to do anything.

President brought this about. Most likely to deflect his base for the current situation he's in.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
            Just to make things perfectly clear: I heard that Trump wistfully (Well, maybe not WISTFULLY...) say that he wished he could hear one of the NFL owners say to one of the protesters..... etc. etc..

Now. How in the hell that amounts to DEMANDING that they be fired...... like I have heard al least three talking heads say in the past ten minutes or so? Just another example of "GOTCHA", and pour it on. Just like they have been doing for the past year.

Mind you, there is the concept of "free speech" (Which the libs seem to think that they have the final arbitration on.) in this Country.

I fully agree with the concept of free speech. Except to note that once we stop respecting our flag and nation and start becoming a folk that respect only out own needs and wants; I submit that we are not a Nation at all. Just a collection of individuals wo want it THEIR way.

Maybe that's why we can't get any decent people to run for president. The decent people have thrown in the towell and we are only left with the crooks, the fast buck guys, the guys with an angle. The cons!

GG
            It was more than the idiotic statement at his campaign rally.

Quote:

If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!
            Direct tweet from our Commander in Chief.

Yes that is a demand.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
              The NFL's own numbers show attendance down about 10% over last year. That's if you believe their numbers.

"Despite claims that attendance was over 70,000, anyone with eyes could see that the stadium was largely empty."

San Francisco 49ers hosted the Los Angeles Rams at Levi's Stadium in a barn-burner of a football game,
              The teams explain it, not the flag stuff. By the way way are you not upset with the disrespect they are showing to our flag?
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

GG
                Conservatives showed disrespect for the flag all through Mr Obama's term

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/us...a.html?mcubz=0

Outside his old farmhouse, he had erected an upside-down American flag, a military signal of dire distress, and scrawled two big signs deploring President Obama’s re-election: “No Hope” and “Enslaved by the 47 Percent.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/01...-inauguration/

Lots out there, no outrage in conservative land....
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Couple of quick points. In that pic it, obviously, is before the actual game has started. It would be logical to assume that at least some of the fans are at the concession stands/restrooms.

Also, when they announce "attendance" what they are announcing is "paid attendance." That's another way of saying how many tickets were sold, not actual behinds in seats. For professional sports franchises a large portion, for some it's probably over half, of their available seats are sold as season tickets. That counts as a ticket sold every single game whether the ticket holder attends or not. Those season tickets will inflate the announced attendance, as opposed to how many people actually are in attendance, for any sporting event.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    Their rules, their choice to enforce. Considering how many owners smacked down President Trump on this, including his pal Mr Kraft of the NE Patriots, I'm going to bet they'll elect not to do anything.

President brought this about. Most likely to deflect his base for the current situation he's in.
                    Those owners aren't going to say or do anything because they don't want to be labeled as racists and be racked over the coals like Donald Sterling. Of course Kraft is going to say/do the PC thing because he doesn't want to have to fire/suspend/can his players. You really think he cares if another team fires their players?

Comment

Their choice to enforce. That 's key.

The NFL chose to enforce the rules concerning 9/11 cleats and stars on Cowboy's helmets memorializing murdered Dallas cops. But they wont over this.

This is supposed to be a family sport, that was the excuse behind these rules governing personal expression.

Clearly the NFL has lost it's way.

Trump didnt bring anything about, this pre-dates his presidency by a year.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Conservatives showed disrespect for the flag all through Mr Obama's term

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/us...a.html?mcubz=0

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/01...-inauguration/

Lots out there, no outrage in conservative land....
                        You quoted it youself, a military sign of dire distress.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Ban the NFL and all professional sports, that will fix those over paid cowards.
                          My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

That's how every stadium has always looked during any sort of intermission.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I don't have any problem at all, not watching another NFL game for the rest of my life, unless these hoodlum rat bastards either stand for the national anthem or get booted to the CFL...

But, I'm a life-long New York Jets fan...
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X