Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is more probable that Sharia Law will come from the right than from immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Except when it comes to electing a president.
    Comes under the part of prespecting rights of the "minority" so "majority rule" isn't mob rule. Founders debated this issue of Electoral College extensively and history shows it was a good call.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post

Still suffering from ODS and CDS I see.
      You may want to reread Barry's first two books and review his agenda to "fundamentally change Amerika".
      Obama (Clinton) Disgusting Syndrome remains since Barry's unConstitutional and anti-colonial agenda , E.O.s, and other Directives are still being undone/corrected.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        WRONG : the foundation of US democracy is the first amendment ;to destroy democracy,it is not needed to abolish the first, only to erode it (as Hihhary has said ) : it is Scotus that defines the content of the First and if a majority of Scotus is saying that an illegal executive order is legal, it is legal .

Example :last year Lynch proposed to prosecute the climate change doubters ,something which is illegal . If Scotus said it was legal, it would be legal .
        If tomorrow Scotus is saying that the possession of arms is illegal, no one could change this .

If the day after Scotus declares that all opposition to the Islam is illegal, who would stop this ?

If Scotus declares that the media can not criticize the government ...
        SCOTUS does not have any power to enforce decisions. As I said, there is a reason why judges do not become dictators! The enforcement is the territory of the executive government. Remember Jackson!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/supremecourt.../history2.html

Marshall lived another nine years, during which time he won over Jefferson's political successor, the states' rights partisan Andrew Jackson. Marshall had initially opposed Jackson's election to the presidency, and in the Cherokee Indians case, Worcester v. Georgia (1832), Marshall infuriated Jackson by insisting that Georgia laws that purported to seize Cherokee lands on which gold had been found violated federal treaties. Jackson is famous for having responded: "John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it." Although the comment is probably apocryphal, both Georgia and Jackson simply ignored the decision.
        Last edited by pamak; 25 Sep 17, 17:52.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

So, it seems the fundamentalist Christians got their senator. Not even Trump could convince them...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...te-runoff.html

Roy Moore defeats Trump-backed Luther Strange in Alabama Senate runoff

Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore was projected to soundly defeat Sen. Luther Strange in Tuesday's Senate primary runoff, overcoming heavy GOP establishment support for the incumbent, including from President Trump himself.

The hard-fought Alabama runoff battle had pitted Trump against some of his most loyal supporters including former chief strategist Steve Bannon, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and a slew of House conservatives who all backed Moore. Despite his outsider image, Moore seemed to have the edge over Strange from the start.

With 92 percent of the precincts reporting, Moore led Strange by 55 percent to 45 percent, a margin of more than 41,000 votes. State officials estimated a low turnout of between 12 and 15 percent of eligible voters.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Comes under the part of prespecting rights of the "minority" so "majority rule" isn't mob rule. Founders debated this issue of Electoral College extensively and history shows it was a good call.
            Devious smiley should've alerted you that I wasn't being serious.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              Odd, because now what we have is rule by the self-proclaimed suppressed minority; ie., gays, blacks, illegals, etc. I doubt the Founding Fathers had that in mind, either.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                So, it seems the fundamentalist Christians got their senator. Not even Trump could convince them...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...te-runoff.html
                Meh...

The Democrats should be worried that 25 of 33 seats in the Senate that are up for election in 2018 are Democrat. Of those at least 6 are in red states and the contests are already predicted to be close. If anything, they are the party likely to lose ground, again, in Congress.

Trump may be a loon, or not, but all politics are local and the locals more and more outside the two coasts, a few big cities, and university towns are done with Democrats.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X