Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is more probable that Sharia Law will come from the right than from immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is more probable that Sharia Law will come from the right than from immigration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4d39ac593403

Excerpts...

Roy Moore disrupts Alabama Senate race — and prepares for new level of defiance in Washington

DECATUR, Ala. — With the thunder and fire of an old-time revivalist, U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore rose before the assembled souls at the Redemption Baptist Church, a front-runner in the polls days out from an election that could rattle the rickety structures of the Republican Party.

But no one in recent history has promised to be quite as disruptive as Moore, a former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court who has twice been removed from the bench for defying judicial orders.

Strange, a 6-foot-9-inch former prosecutor in the conventional mold of his colleague, Sen. Richard C. Shelby (R-Ala.), is bolstered by millions of dollars pouring into the state from establishment Republicans including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce — and even by President Trump, who plans to hold a rally for Strange in Huntsville on Friday.

But many of Trump’s core supporters remain with Moore, who relentlessly praises Trump’s policy agenda on the campaign trail. So are a hodgepodge of conservative iconoclasts: former Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon, his Breitbart media operation, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson and evangelical leaders from across the country.

The central argument of Moore’s campaign is that removing the sovereignty of a Christian God from the functions of government is an act of apostasy, an affront to the biblical savior as well as the Constitution. Among the prices he says this country has paid for denying God’s supremacy: the high murder rate in Chicago, crime on the streets of Washington, child abuse, rape and sodomy. It’s a crisis he hopes to address next year from the floor of the Senate.

We have forgotten the source of our rights,” Moore preached during that church appearance, quoting from memory several books of the Bible, along with the Declaration of Independence, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and a U.S. Supreme Court decision from 1892. “We put ourselves above God. And in so doing, we forgot the basic source of our morality.
    His argument is typical Sharia doctrine, and I am NOT exaggerating.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

And a free link about the same subject

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/roy-m...ry?id=49985853
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Excerpts...

Concur, and I will point out that Mike Pence champions those ideas himself.
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

If you want to get to a Washington Post article if you have Chrome or an Opera browser just right click on link and select Incognito or Private. The WP does not then know you've been to the site this month and you can read a couple articles. Simply close the browser and open it again Incognito and your good for more.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

It's analagous to sharia doctrine, but since he isn't advocating Islamic religion or Islamic law, it isn't an argument for sharia per se.

If anything, it's an argument for radical Christianity.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            It's analagous to sharia doctrine, but since he isn't advocating Islamic religion or Islamic law, it isn't an argument for sharia per se.

Never let reality stand in the way of a good smear...

But,

I really don't think it matters who the Republicans put up this time. This is Alabama and I doubt they'll vote for a Clinton Democrat (Doug Jones) who even personally admits he's a long shot at best.

Comment

I hope the vote in Moore. He's bound to be great entertainment and source of embarrassment for rational GOP members.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                I hope the vote in Moore. He's bound to be great entertainment and source of embarrassment for rational GOP members.
                Well, he won't match Hank ("Guam might roll over and sink") Johnson for stupid in a public display...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I assume that was obvious. Did you REALLY think that I was saying that the right believes in Sharia per se?
                  As you say, it is "analogous" to sharia doctrine or, as I say, it is the Christian version of it.

The point is how do you describe a person who believes that religion should be the foundation of the law? Should there be a campaign to vilify them as being enemies of the state, or as being "un-Americans"?

Imagine for example that a Muslim-American somewhere in California starts a political campaign to become a senator by arguing the "analogous" position that Islam should be the foundation of the US laws. And similarly to the case of the Christian Moore, imagine that this fictitious Muslim-American candidate becomes a front-runner in polls and is able to get support from very leftist media and organizations. What will be your response to such a development and how will this affect your feelings about the Muslim Americans ?
                  Last edited by pamak; 21 Sep 17, 15:37.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Well, he won't match Hank ("Guam might roll over and sink") Johnson for stupid in a public display...
                    He'll beat him....
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

So he is calling for stoning apostates, forcing women to wear burkas, and jihad against infidels?
                      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                        So he is calling for stoning apostates, forcing women to wear burkas, and jihad against infidels?
                        Are honor killings included? As well as arresting rape victim's for bein raped?
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post

Nothing of this is related to the Sharia doctrine. The doctrine is about accepting Islam as being the foundation of cosmic power. The doctrine itself does not tell you what the interpretation of Islam should be. You can have Sharia doctrine in which the Islamic law is considered the foundation of the government's laws and still the interpretation of Islam is such that women . for example, do not have to wear burkas, or apostates are not stoned to death. Sharia in Iran or Turkey is (or will be) different from Sharia in Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Johnson is simpler and stupid but Moore is potentially more dangerous.

Comment

Nothing of this is related to the Sharia doctrine. The doctrine is about accepting Islam as being the foundation of cosmic power. The doctrine itself does not tell you what the interpretation of Islam should be. You can have Sharia doctrine in which the Islamic law is considered the foundation of the government's laws and still the interpretation of Islam is such that women . for example, do not have to wear burkas, or apostates are not stoned to death. Sharia in Iran or Turkey is (or will be) different from Sharia in Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia.
                              Stop it. Simple explanations are better... The make better sound bites also.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X