X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    All he needs to do is one of these:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30lcu5
    From one of the best movies ever made... on that can't be made today any more than Blazing Saddles could be.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Kim Jong Un Called President Trump a 'Dotard.' What Does That Mean?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...nAZ?li=BBnbfcL

Wait until Nick-the-Noodle hears about a national leader using 'tard.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

So far, it seems Trump has only been feeding the toptrolls of NK and Iran through his "manly" speeches.
        It somehow doesn't seem wise to challenge the chief of a country in a region where losing face is the ultimate loss of honour. It pays to know how your enemy thinks and act accordingly.

While the Europeans are being accused of provoking Putin, Trump is doing exactly that with NK and Iran, and many are actually proud of that, claiming that only that sort of talking works with a person like Kim.

Kim is nuts enough to sacrifice his entire country just to save face.
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
          So far, it seems Trump has only been feeding the toptrolls of NK and Iran through his "manly" speeches.
          It somehow doesn't seem wise to challenge the chief of a country in a region where losing face is the ultimate loss of honour. It pays to know how your enemy thinks and act accordingly.

While the Europeans are being accused of provoking Putin, Trump is doing exactly that with NK and Iran, and many are actually proud of that, claiming that only that sort of talking works with a person like Kim.

Kim is nuts enough to sacrifice his entire country just to save face.
          If Kim cared enough about foreign opinion and saving face, he wouldn't be going down a track to restart the "on hold" Korean War.

Typical "Liberal" thinking that one condescends to and appeases tyrants.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Awful speech. Needless and hollow threats, to North Korea and Iran. An even worse speech than Geo W Bush's "Axis of Evil." Why not unzip your fly a little more? Dumbass obviously never saw Godfather Part 2.

Politics 101. Trump's failing.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Which one? Gutless George Bush? BJ Clinton? Racist Obama, the anti-American?

Trump is waaay above their standards, and I have no problem with a president who talks like Teddy Roosevelt.
              How in the hell do you come up with G.W. Bush being "gutless?" I think you need to come down into the flatlands from the rarefied airs in order to pump a little O2 into that noodle of yours.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Awful speech. Needless and hollow threats, to North Korea and Iran. An even worse speech than Geo W Bush's "Axis of Evil." Why not unzip your fly a little more?
                Wrong on both counts in MY honest opinion. And I've never watched that documentary on NYC home life.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                  Wrong on both counts in MY honest opinion. And I've never watched that documentary on NYC home life.

Tuebor
                  And here's the Trumpist double standard: Trump threatens all kinds of action against North Korea -- and all the little Trumpists applaud like trained seals. Obama draws a "red line" for Syrian chemical weapons, and he never lived it down. Fact: both Obama and Trump were wrong, for promising action when they were not prepared to carry it out. Both have issued phony threats. Assad sensed that about Obama several years back. Kim's figuring that out now about Trump. Where's that going to leave Trumps Korea policy?

Comment

Politics 101:

A President's every utterance -- be it Geo W Bush, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, or Abe Lincoln -- if not thought out in advance, can commit the United States to a certain course of action, even if the president didn't mean to. Every time Trump bellows about "totally destroying" North Korea, he's not only warning the DPRK's leadership about the US' intentions -- militarily never a wise thing to do under any circumstance -- but he's also promising that the US will take military action against the DPRK -- even against his own Secretary of Defense's advice. We may end up taking action against N Korea not because we want to, or even because we've been left with no alternative by the North Koreans, but because Trump's big mouth has painted us into a corner. Our own president is erasing our options. Over the last twenty years or so I've seen the art of politics de-evolve into something seen only in special education institutions. There's no excuse for all of this bluster. None.

Except the fragility of Trump's own ego.

Comment

And here's the Trumpist double standard: Trump threatens all kinds of action against North Korea -- and all the little Trumpists applaud like trained seals. Obama draws a "red line" for Syrian chemical weapons, and he never lived it down. Fact: both Obama and Trump were wrong, for promising action when they were not prepared to carry it out. Both have issued phony threats. Assad sensed that about Obama several years back. Kim's figuring that out now about Trump. Where's that going to leave Trumps Korea policy?
                      Your comparison does not (at least yet) bear scrutiny as Trump did not actually "draw a red line" let alone run away when it was crossed. Moreover the threat Obama made was directed at Assad, but Trump's declarations are far more likely directed at China, which has made some tentative moves in response. Therefore in that light his speech is already working.

With regards to you other post, yes Presidents' words do have meaning, but I disagree that threatening Kim and the DPRK is, at this juncture in history, was wrong. Everything else diplomatic has been attempted...even near a quarter century of appeasement, but that has utterly failed. Kim is not sane and is literally mad with power. Anything but real tough talk would make him feel even more empowered. Whether we (or you) like it or not we are now on the brink, and "peace at any cost" can no longer be applicable, and it may be that no matter what Trump does or says Kim will act. I am of that belief. Trump's UN speech with regards the DPRK was to tell the Chinese it is now time to "**** or get off the pot." Further procrastination on their part is no longer tolerable.

If the Chinese do not act soon, we will have to...unilaterally if we must. Kim has become far too dangerous to the region to allow him to continue further, and if that requires Kim and the DPRK to be "destroyed" then so be it. Sitting on our hands and pretending the problem will go way with sweet talk is just not realistic.

"Axis of Evil" while a bit hokey was an accurate description, and properly applied.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        Typical "Liberal" thinking that one condescends to and appeases tyrants.
                        After 30 years of it, I doubt that they can even comprehend another method... unless a Democrat is in the White House. In that case, they will trip over each other racing to grab guns than they don't even know how to use... and shove said gun into the hands of the nearest 18 year-oild white male to sent them off in their own places.

And then they say "I voted against that before I voted for it!"

Yup... we had to destroy Libya right after we abandoned Iraq, and we had to attack Syria... so long as Obama was calling the shots.
                        And if it was Obama telling them to Nuke the N'orks, they would be 100% in favor of it, just as they always have been when D.C. was ruled by the Left.
                        WW1, WW2, the first Korean War, Vietnam... all entered into with Democrat Presidents.

Any bets on WW3?

Awful speech. Needless and hollow threats, to North Korea and Iran. An even worse speech than Geo W Bush's "Axis of Evil." Why not unzip your fly a little more? Dumbass obviously never saw Godfather Part 2.

"Keep your enemies closer".... an idiotic sentiment bandied about by people who have never had to deal with an armed and truly angry enemy.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Well said audie murphy

"Keep your enemies closer".... an idiotic sentiment bandied about by people who have never had to deal with an armed and truly angry enemy.

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

He fits right in
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                              With regards to you other post, yes Presidents' words do have meaning, but I disagree that threatening Kim and the DPRK is, at this juncture in history, was wrong. Everything else diplomatic has been attempted...even near a quarter century of appeasement, but that has utterly failed. Kim is not sane and is literally mad with power.
                              It would be simpler if he was mad. What he likely is, is driven by a sense of providence — of a divinely ordained future for Korea and a special role for himself. That's what the North Korean national ideology amounts to. To accomplish this, he has to unite Korea. The nukes are there to intimidate the US AND China.

Now, going by Trump's speech-making the US will have to go to war with North Korea. NK is doing its level best to make sure this will only happen when it has nuclear capabilities. Even if it achieves this, the US is still going to have to go to war with it. In fact, ESPECIALLY if NK ends up being nuclear armed. Because if the US doesn't, all it proves is that nuclear deterrence works. Worse, even if the US goes to war with NK before it goes fully nuclear, it STILL shows prospective other nuclear nations that IF they can go nuclear before the US comes around to attacking them, then nuclear weapons IS still the best security guarantee against the US — if it can be seen to go after NK before it gets there. (Hypothetically, Trump could nuke NK, either preemptively or more likely in an exchange after NK has set of a device of some kind. In either case, the political fall-out of such a development for the US would be unprecedented, but unlikely anything not bad...)

It really all boils down to WHY the nuclear armed powers should have taken BOTH non-proliferation AND nuclear disarmament seriously. (Instead of just taking the non-proliferation, which ended up sending the message that the Nuclear Club is the one to REALLY get into.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                                My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals - then Lt Col Brian P McCoy, CO 3/4 Marines, on the eve of Operation Iraqi Freedom

The thing about baby seals is not that they don't fight back, but that they fail to even consider the approaching hunter any kind of threat at all. The baby seals are perfectly comfortable and at ease as their hunter approaches -- until he splits their heads open.

Here's what the Suck teaches to its young officers:

"Your mindset's all wrong! No good tactical plan grows from a timid mindset." [The Infantry Officer Course instructor] calmed down, and the earnestness returned. He wanted me to learn. "Execute every mission with speed, surprise, and violence of action."

He explained that Americans, especially young American men, exhibit posturing behavior. Two guys in a bar bump chests, get up in each other's faces, and yell. If a fight follows, it's about honor, saving face. That's posturing. Marines on the battlefield must exhibit predatory behavior. In that bar, the Marine would smile politely at his opponent, wait for him to turn around, and then cave in the back of his skull with a barstool.

from "One Bullet Away: the Making of a Marine Officer," by Nathaniel C Fick, Capt USMC (Ret), published by Mariner Books, New York NY, 7 Sep 2006
                                Metaphorically speaking, that same kind of predatory mindset is common to many of history's great politicians: Caesar, Augustus, Enrico Dandolo, Edward I of England. In the US, behind the scene kingmaker types like Tammany's Silent Charlie Murphy, Texas' Alvin Wirtz (instrumental in helping to launch LBJ's career) or Senate giant Dick Russell of GA, had that knack for making their foes feel relaxed and comfy, and then they'd mess them up real bad, effectively terminating their careers, and it'd all be done even before the victim knew what had happened. Even il capo di tutti capi Carlo Gambino was never known for his mouth -- he hardly ever said anything in public, and he cultivated an image as inoffensive as your favorite uncle's -- but he was definitely feared, by those in the know. Too bad that loudmouth John Gotti didn't learn by his boss' example, eh.

Trump, on the other hand, does just the opposite: he postures, and he postures constantly. Trump is the phony tough kid in high school with the big mouth and the fragile ego. Were Trump a little younger I'd definitely see him posting d*ck pics online a la Anthony Weiner. If Carlo Gambino was the ideal mobster, then Trump is Joe Colombo: he fell in love with the cameras, forgot that he was a boss, and thought of himself as a civil rights leader instead -- until Don Carlo had him "vegetablized." Trump in effect warns his enemies of his approach well in advance with his interminable posturing. Pray tell, what possible good can come from that?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X