President Trumps UN Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Trumps UN Speech

I loved the part where Trump stood up to NK saying we will destroy NK if it comes down to it,

I disliked though when Trump criticized Iran and Syria, these are two countries with different ideologies in the first place, Iran like Israel and Saudi prevents interfaith marriage now that is a human rights infringement which does lead to violence and bickering. Trump was talking about how Iran is a threat to Israel and Arab nations so Trump was defending Israel and Saudi Arabia from Iran which is interesting because some folks think perhaps Trump elevates Israel over Saudi Arabia. Syria otoh is one of if not the most secular country in the middle east even with all the troubles Syria is facing from ISIL just note how Syrian women can dress as they want. I think a true humanitarian would have blasted all the countries of the UN which prevent interfaith marriage, which block certain or all religions, which infringe on the dignity of human rights. I also disagreed with putting "America First" I felt the better message would be to say something along the line that the world should unite and all people should treat each other as if we are all one big family, that all the great religions and societies of history like the Roman and Persian Empire was inclusive of numerous cultures. Now that is something many would love to hear worldwide, the Romans and Persians are loved around the world.
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 20 Sep 17, 10:44.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Long rambling speech threatening a number of foreign countries. Sounds like the US elected Hillary Clinton and the Neocons after all..

Comment

Did Clinton threaten other country's?

General Kelly disagrees with the op.

as do the four women pictured
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Is the president a politician? - no. Is the president a diplomat? - no. Why do folks expect him to be?
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
          Is the president a politician? - no. Is the president a diplomat? - no. Why do folks expect him to be?
          We expect him to behave like a President.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            We expect him to behave like a President.
            Is there a rulebook for that?
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

No, but there should be. Perhaps a little "class" might be in the makings. One assumes that the Pres of the US just might have those little things already in his lineup..... But no, THIS Pres does not have those things.

It is no excuse for bad manners, not being a diplomat, One MUST be in the international scene.

GG
              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Yes, starts with common sense and goes from there.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Seems like Macron's speech (excellent , imo ) , was the exact opposite from the Trump's one .
                  That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I was left with a feeling of needing to apologize to somebody for the POTUS.

Comment

44 of them

Comment

Is the office one for a politician? YES!

Is a politician elected? YES!

Did he tells us he could be very presidential? YES!

Is he? Everything butt.

Comment

I'd rather have Trump saying dumb stuff he actually means than a mealy mouthed politician, like Hillary, telling you what they think you want to hear and lying their way through every speech.
                          Yes, it would be better if Trump said smart things, but us beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I'd rather have Trump saying dumb stuff he actually means than a mealy mouthed politician, like Hillary, telling you what they think you want to hear and lying their way through every speech.
                            Yes, it would be better if Trump said smart things, but us beggars can't be choosers.
                            Oh, Please...what are the elections for. True, this time we really had no good choice A lot of better picks were left along the campaign trail due to lack of funds and support. How big a role do funds play now days? Seems we have reached the point if you want to be in office, just buy it.

Comment

Grognard Gunny and III Corps apologizes If my info is wrong but I thought you two supported Trump in the 2016 US Presidential election? Was there a certain part(s) in Trumps UN speech that you were in disagreement with?

To T. A. Gardner point,

I dont think Trump said dumb stuff at the UN speech. Even with Trumps persona, I would not compare Trump to truly bombastic speakers like Ahmajinedad of Iran, Gaddafi of Libya, or for example Hugo Chavez of Venezuela.

As I discussed in the OP it is my view that Trump could have taken a different route wrt Syria and Iran. But not only did I admire Trump for standing up to NK, I also admired the point made by Trump that the current Iranian gov is getting away from the greatness of the Persian Empire. I like how Trump found a way to bring up the Persian Empire in his speech, that alone is something many folks can admire as Persia was strong but also tolerate.

Im willing to give Trump a passing grade for his UN speech, I might disagree on his stance against Iran and Syria but then again Iran and Syria have their issues. Assad for example has been criticized by non thobe wearing and non bigoted Muslims its something to consider.
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X