Hurricane Harvey FEMA Checks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Harvey FEMA Checks?

I was stuck for five days in a trailer during Hurricane Harvey. Years ago I was "blessed" when Hurricane Rita hit my area and I got a FEMA Check. It covered my lost wages and I was able to get my roof repaired by Insurance. Tales of Gangbangers from New Orleans getting FEMA Checks after relocating to Texas caused a reaction, though. The Insurance Companies got their rules changed so they paid much less and had the flood plains in Louisiana redrawn. Later, I got nothing when Hurricane Ike passed by.

Now I tell my daughter I was filing with FEMA and I get told not to finish the app as she is claiming me as a dependent! What can you do? I asked her a day ago if she heard back from FEMA and she said she was denied because we were renting. We have a chance at an emergency Food Stamp award, but our county has to wait until the small counties get done and then she has to take off work to go apply at the local office. This is going to be chaos in Cleveland. I bet most of the Harris County refugees were renters and I bet they get assistance because so many are minorities.

If any of you are worrying that Trump is not being tight with the Fed budget, rest assured that he did not give us any! I got an e-mail from the Governor of Louisiana telling me Trump wants to cut Social Security now, going back on an election pledge. I am not happy! I am on disability.

I don't see Trump getting reelected.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

I bet you could get some money if you did a 'go fund me' thing. Also hit up the Salvation Army? Don't know what to say. The go fund me might be the best way to go about it.

https://www.gofundme.com/

Can't hurt to try...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I appreciate the feedback, but if I can't get anything from FEMA or the Red Cross, I won't go to the Salvation Army or beg online (GoFundMe). That overweight Arab girl involved in the North Carolina demonstrations had a GoFundMe account to pay for her education. I won't imitate her. I might be peeved but there are things I don't do. I thought FEMA was a Safety Net for people that went through a disaster? Maybe I was lucky with Rita...

Pruitt

Comment

Going from your post, I fail to see how you were physically or materially harmed by Harvey. Were you flooded out where your belongings got wet? Was your roof torn off? Do you have renters insurance?

Comment

During the aftermath of the storm I saw a bunch of wrecked yachts tied up to piers.

Betcha we have to pay for those...

Why don't you call your congress critter? Call the local news media, make a stink. After all its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I was flooded in. I could not leave the trailer for a good five days. My daughter had the FEMA man come out and check the trailer damage. I don't have renter's insurance and doubt many renters in the affected areas did. My daughter lost five days work as she works in Harris county.

We do not live near a bayou, river or a creek. I did not claim I had lost stuff. I did say FEMA was not being generous like during Katrina and Rita. I even got a Red Cross check during Rita. I would have settled for the National Guard handing out MRE's, but the nearest units got flooded out and there were no announcements of any being given out. The Guard was giving out MRE's, bottled water and ice back during Rita. I did not go get any because I did not need any.

It is a good thing we had enough canned goods and bottled water. There was not much left, but we ate all the better stuff. We aren't storm virgins here.

The reason I posted was not to beg, but to show there was not any free stuff being handed out around here in Liberty County Texas.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              During the aftermath of the storm I saw a bunch of wrecked yachts tied up to piers.

Betcha we have to pay for those...

Why don't you call your congress critter? Call the local news media, make a stink. After all its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil...
              I don't see FEMA paying for people's toy boats. People who lost fishing boats have a chance. I have not lived here long enough to know who the local Republican Congressman is. I might have to register here for the next national election. I doubt Texas would want a Louisiana Democrat on the rolls.

Pruitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X