X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    News to this citizen of the US.

Pruitt
    NYT : september 21 2002 :Harvard president sees rise of Anti-Semitism in campus .

Business Insider : october 28 2014 : Harvard students say that US is a greater threat to world peace than ISIS.

Boston Globe : november 22 2016 : Visiting Harvard professor receives anti-Semitic postcard

NY Post : april 2 2016 : the dean of Harvard Law School has acknowledged that hers is a racist institution .

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
      Unless you can explain what the "zionist aspirations" were and how you can create a "national home" without a state, it is very relevant!

And the issue is not if there was antisemitism in Britain or elsewhere. If anything, antisemites wanted to see the Jews go to Palestine EXACTLY because they were antisemites.

Here is one example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement

As for the rest, nothing talks about the institutions and the faculty being anti-semites. They just talk about some "leftist" students. Of course, the Foreign Office in the UK was not the career path of such students. You need to get votes also to gain power within such institutions and promote "antisemitic" policies...
      Foreign secretaries as Eden and Bevin detested the Jews .

And, today's anti-Semites call themselves anti-Zionists .

Comment

• Antisemitism in the US is rising overall, not only in the universities : 3 years ago, Joe Biden advised the Jews to leave the US for Israel,as the situation was becoming too dangerous . Of course, he omitted to say that his boss was responsible for this situation .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          Foreign secretaries as Eden and Bevin detested the Jews .

And, today's anti-Semites call themselves anti-Zionists .
          I noticed that you said nothing about the agreement between the VERY Anti-Semitic Nazis and the Zionist which shows that even the most hardcore Anti-Semites supported the idea of the relocation of Jews from their country to Palestine. And let's not forget that the issue is that the stance of the Europeans on the ME problem was not a choice between supporting the European non-Jewish interests or the European-Jewish interests in which case, antisemitism could indeed play a role in opposing the Zionist interests. It was a decision about if national European interests were better served by supporting the European-Jewish interests or the Middle-East Arab interests. So spare me with the revision of history in which supposedly the British or the other colonists sided with the Arabs because they detested Jews while they appreciated the Arab people and their culture or religion or because they thought that the European national interests could be better served by having a strong Arab culture in the area. As I told you, there was a broad support of Zionism in Europe because even anti-Semites wanted to see the Jews leave their country. And the results of the British polices are obvious. They clearly mentioned the " Zionist aspirations," and supported them, and they clearly mentioned their support for a "national home" for the Jews. So, I am still waiting for your answer to explain how could someone support such aspirations without supporting the creation of an Israeli state in Palestine and how can someone has a "national home" without having a state.
          Last edited by pamak; 24 Sep 17, 17:57.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Antisemitism in the US is rising overall, not only in the universities : 3 years ago, Joe Biden advised the Jews to leave the US for Israel,as the situation was becoming too dangerous . Of course, he omitted to say that his boss was responsible for this situation .

Link! What I see is the rise of voices who want Muslims to leave the US...

And by the way, I have not seen any antisemitic policies from Obama. On the contrary, I saw the biggest financial aid given to Israel at a time when the Israeli state continued to expand settlements.

Meanwhile, just to expose the level of your detachment from reality which spreads misleading rumors by picking VERY SPECIFIC pieces of information (which you do not even reveal by posting any links), and your consistent practice of ignoring the overwhelming body of evidence which destroys your narrative, here is one of Biden's speeches from about the same period you are talking about...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politi...eritage-164525

Biden: 'Jewish heritage is American heritage'
            By JENNIFER EPSTEIN 05/21/2013 08:07 PM EDT
            Vice President Joe Biden spoke at length Tuesday night about the influence of Judaism on the United States, dating back to the country's founding and to the present day as Jews helped shape views on gay rights.

“The truth is that Jewish heritage, Jewish culture, Jewish values are such an essential part of who we are that it’s fair to say that Jewish heritage is American heritage,” he said. “The Jewish people have contributed greatly to America. No group has had such an outsized influence per capita as all of you standing before you, and all of those who went before me and all of those who went before you.”

Biden spoke for nearly 20 minutes at the American Institute of Architects building in Washington, at times improvising after asking that the teleprompter machine that had been set up in the event space be taken down. (He joked about President Obama's reliance on the machine, but later gave Obama credit, noting he "sends his best" but is "otherwise occupied with a few problems.")

“You make up 11 percent of the seats in the United States Congress. You make up one-third of all Nobel laureates,” he said. “So many notions that are embraced by this nation that particularly emanate from over 5,000 years of Jewish history, tradition and culture: independence, individualism, fairness, decency, justice, charity. These are all as you say, as I learned early on as a Catholic being educated by my friends, this tzedakah.”

“The embrace of immigration” is part of that, as is the involvement of Jews in social justice movements.

“You can’t talk about the civil rights movement in this country without talking about Jewish freedom riders and Jack Greenberg,” he said, telling a story about seeing a group of Jewish activists at a segregated movie theater in Delaware. “You can’t talk about the women’s movement without talking about Betty Friedan” or American advances in science and technology without mentioning Einstein and Carl Sagan, or music and Gershwin, Bob Dylan and “so, so, so many other people.”

“I believe what affects the movements in America, what affects our attitudes in America are as much the culture and the arts as anything else,” he said. That’s why he spoke out on gay marriage “apparently a little ahead of time.”

“It wasn’t anything we legislatively did. It was ‘Will and Grace,’ it was the social media. Literally. That’s what changed peoples’ attitudes. That’s why I was so certain that the vast majority of people would embrace and rapidly embrace” gay marriage, Biden said.

“Think behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry. The influence is immense, the influence is immense. And, I might add, it is all to the good,” he said.

Jews have also been key to the evolution of American jurisprudence, he continued, namedropping Brandeis, Fortas, Frankfurter, Cardozo, Ginsberg, Breyer, Kagan. “You literally can’t. You can’t talk about the recognition of … rights in the Constitution without looking at these incredible jurists that we’ve had.”

“Jewish heritage has shaped who we are – all of us, us, me – as much or more than any other factor in the last 223 years. And that’s a fact," he said.

“We talk about it in terms of the incredible accomplishments and contributions” of Jews in America, Biden added, but it’s deeper “because the values, the values are so deep and so engrained in American culture, in our Constitution.”

“So I think you, as usual, underestimate the impact of Jewish heritage. I really mean that. I think you vastly underestimate the impact you’ve had on the development of this nation. We owe you, we owe generations who came before you," he said.
            Last edited by pamak; 24 Sep 17, 18:22.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

NYT : september 21 2002 :Harvard president sees rise of Anti-Semitism in campus .

Business Insider : october 28 2014 : Harvard students say that US is a greater threat to world peace than ISIS.

Boston Globe : november 22 2016 : Visiting Harvard professor receives anti-Semitic postcard

NY Post : april 2 2016 : the dean of Harvard Law School has acknowledged that hers is a racist institution .

Do you have any non-biased sources? Secondly, these publications do not speak for all Americans. They are there to sell copy. They don't have to be accurate to sell.

What religion is this Harvard President? I would offer that the number of the Harvard students was small. I remember my college days where we were taught that college students were rarely giving accurate answers to polls. They often went out of their way to lie. I don't know what the postcard that the Harvard Professor said, so I can't comment. Is this Dean of the Harvard Law School a minority? I would think you had to travel far across the US to find a Law School Dean that did not call his school racist. We have seen on these forums the disgraceful behavior of the University of Missouri and that small Liberal Arts college in Washington. Durham North Carolina also had its fifteen minutes of fame.

I would shocked I tell you, if a study found there were bigots in Massachusetts and some of them attended Harvard!

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Link! What I see is the rise of voices who want Muslims to leave the US...

And by the way, I have not seen any antisemitic policies from Obama. On the contrary, I saw the biggest financial aid given to Israel at a time when the Israeli state continued to expand settlements.

Meanwhile, just to expose the level of your detachment from reality which spreads misleading rumors by picking VERY SPECIFIC pieces of information (which you do not even reveal by posting any links), and your consistent practice of ignoring the overwhelming body of evidence which destroys your narrative, here is one of Biden's speeches from about the same period you are talking about...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politi...eritage-164525

About Biden , the following is very well known ,and has been published by Israel Today on march 31 2015 ,under the title "Did Biden tell America's Jews to leave ? "

In september 2014 (at a reunion with Jewish leaders), Biden said them the following :

"You understand in your bones that no matter how hospitable,no matter how consequential, no matter how engaged,no matter how deeply involved you are in the US....there is really one one absolute guarantee ,and that's the state of Israel ."

Biden advised the Jews to leave the US. Why ? Because the situation of the Jews in the US is worsening everyday : there are already places (as the UCLA (I) ) where it is not safe for a Jew to be .

Why is that ? Because of the mass influx of Muslim immigrants (amongst them a lot of members of the ISIS Einsatzgruppen) for which is responsible Obama .

The situation is even worse in Europe, where Jewish schools are protected by armed guards . In Europe the Jews are leaving : the dream of Adolf will be realized : Europe Judenfrei .

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Do you have any non-biased sources? Secondly, these publications do not speak for all Americans. They are there to sell copy. They don't have to be accurate to sell.

What religion is this Harvard President? I would offer that the number of the Harvard students was small. I remember my college days where we were taught that college students were rarely giving accurate answers to polls. They often went out of their way to lie. I don't know what the postcard that the Harvard Professor said, so I can't comment. Is this Dean of the Harvard Law School a minority? I would think you had to travel far across the US to find a Law School Dean that did not call his school racist. We have seen on these forums the disgraceful behavior of the University of Missouri and that small Liberal Arts college in Washington. Durham North Carolina also had its fifteen minutes of fame.

I would shocked I tell you, if a study found there were bigots in Massachusetts and some of them attended Harvard!

Pruitt
                  I used especially 3 left newspapers (NYT ,Boston Globe and Business Insider), one conservative (but hostile to Trump) .

The religion of the Harvard president is irrelevant, unless you think that the fact that he is a Jew (which is not a religion ) is important .

Comment

I noticed that you said nothing about the agreement between the VERY Anti-Semitic Nazis and the Zionist which shows that even the most hardcore Anti-Semites supported the idea of the relocation of Jews from their country to Palestine. And let's not forget that the issue is that the stance of the Europeans on the ME problem was not a choice between supporting the European non-Jewish interests or the European-Jewish interests in which case, antisemitism could indeed play a role in opposing the Zionist interests. It was a decision about if national European interests were better served by supporting the European-Jewish interests or the Middle-East Arab interests. So spare me with the revision of history in which supposedly the British or the other colonists sided with the Arabs because they detested Jews while they appreciated the Arab people and their culture or religion or because they thought that the European national interests could be better served by having a strong Arab culture in the area. As I told you, there was a broad support of Zionism in Europe because even anti-Semites wanted to see the Jews leave their country. And the results of the British polices are obvious. They clearly mentioned the " Zionist aspirations," and supported them, and they clearly mentioned their support for a "national home" for the Jews. So, I am still waiting for your answer to explain how could someone support such aspirations without supporting the creation of an Israeli state in Palestine and how can someone has a "national home" without having a state.
                    The nazis did NOT support the relocation of Jews to Palestine; they did not care where the Jews were going, but,as most countries refused the entrey of Jews, Palestine was the only remaining option .

Britain was very hostile to any Jewish immigration to Palestine, even after the holocaust :more than 50000 immigrants were deported to camps in Cyprus . I presume that you have heard of the Exodus ?

Comment

The nazis did NOT support the relocation of Jews to Palestine; they did not care where the Jews were going, but,as most countries refused the entrey of Jews, Palestine was the only remaining option .

Britain was very hostile to any Jewish immigration to Palestine, even after the holocaust :more than 50000 immigrants were deported to camps in Cyprus . I presume that you have heard of the Exodus ?

Did I say that the Nazi cared about the Jews? I said that they made an agreement with the Zionist for the transferring of Jews to Palestine, and I gave a link about it! As for Britain, they were having a policy of letting the Jews to Palestine and they were cutting the flow whenever the Arabs were becoming too upset. Are you aware that the British in Palestine actually went against the Arabs when the latter were protesting? So, let's not change history! I gave you the massive numbers of immigration to Palestine from 1920 to 1945. Do not tell me that the British authority could not notice more than 330000 immigrants. And let's not even talk about the sale of land that had to be registered with the authorities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1936–1...t_in_Palestine

The 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine was a nationalist uprising by Palestinian Arabs in Mandatory Palestine against the British administration of the Palestine Mandate, demanding Arab independence and the end of Jewish immigration as the League of Nations had authorized in 1922. The dissent was directly influenced by the Qassamite rebellion, following the killing of Sheikh Izz ad-Din al-Qassam in 1935, as well as the declaration by Hajj Amin al-Husseini of 16 May 1930 as 'Palestine Day' and calling for a General Strike. The revolt was branded by many in the Jewish Yishuv as "immoral and terroristic", often comparing it to fascism and nazism.[10] Ben Gurion however described Arab causes as fear of growing Jewish economic power, opposition to mass Jewish immigration and fear of the English identification with Zionism.[10]

The general strike lasted from April to October 1936, initiating the violent revolt. The revolt consisted of two distinct phases.[11] The first phase was directed primarily by the urban and elitist Higher Arab Committee (HAC) and was focused mainly on strikes and other forms of political protest.[11] By October 1936, this phase had been defeated by the British civil administration using a combination of political concessions, international diplomacy (involving the rulers of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Transjordan and Yemen[1]) and the threat of martial law.[11] The second phase, which began late in 1937, was a violent and peasant-led resistance movement that increasingly targeted British forces.[11] During this phase, the rebellion was brutally suppressed by the British Army and the Palestine Police Force using repressive measures that were intended to intimidate the Arab population and undermine popular support for the revolt.[11] During this phase, a more dominant role on the Arab side was taken by the Nashashibi clan, whose NDP party quickly withdrew from the rebel Arab Higher Committee, led by the radical faction of Amin al-Husseini, and instead sided with the British – dispatching "Fasail al-Salam" (the "Peace Bands") in coordination with the British Army against nationalist and Jihadist Arab "Fasail" units (literally "bands").

According to official British figures covering the whole revolt, the army and police killed more than 2,000 Arabs in combat, 108 were hanged,[8] and 961 died because of what they described as "gang and terrorist activities".[1] In an analysis of the British statistics, Walid Khalidi estimates 19,792 casualties for the Arabs, with 5,032 dead: 3,832 killed by the British and 1,200 dead because of "terrorism", and 14,760 wounded.[1] Over ten percent of the adult male Palestinian Arab population between 20 and 60 was killed, wounded, imprisoned or exiled.[12] Estimates of the number of Palestinian Jews killed range from 91[13] to several hundred.[14]
                      Last edited by pamak; 25 Sep 17, 11:59.

Comment

About Biden , the following is very well known ,and has been published by Israel Today on march 31 2015 ,under the title "Did Biden tell America's Jews to leave ? "

In september 2014 (at a reunion with Jewish leaders), Biden said them the following :

"You understand in your bones that no matter how hospitable,no matter how consequential, no matter how engaged,no matter how deeply involved you are in the US....there is really one one absolute guarantee ,and that's the state of Israel ."

Biden advised the Jews to leave the US. Why ? Because the situation of the Jews in the US is worsening everyday : there are already places (as the UCLA (I) ) where it is not safe for a Jew to be .

Why is that ? Because of the mass influx of Muslim immigrants (amongst them a lot of members of the ISIS Einsatzgruppen) for which is responsible Obama .

The situation is even worse in Europe, where Jewish schools are protected by armed guards . In Europe the Jews are leaving : the dream of Adolf will be realized : Europe Judenfrei .
                        Ohh, now you say that you have read it in some Israeli source? I gave you a LINK, so, give me yours! If you want to use the settlers' sources, feel free to do so, but be open about it! Or was this a "private conversation" which cannot be verified?

Also, we were talking about the policies of governments, not there actions of some extremist individuals. You can even be in Israel and being attacked by an extremist! Not to mention, that you try to include occupied territories to the claim that Israel is a safe heaven for the Jews. Israel can and should be a safe heaven without any occupied territories...

Comment

Ohh, now you say that you have read it in some Israeli source? I gave you a LINK, so, give me yours! If you want to use the settlers' sources, feel free to do so, but be open about it! Or was this a "private conversation" which cannot be verified?

Also, we were talking about the policies of governments, not there actions of some extremist individuals. You can even be in Israel and being attacked by an extremist! Not to mention, that you try to include occupied territories to the claim that Israel is a safe heaven for the Jews. Israel can and should be a safe heaven without any occupied territories...
                          "Settlers " : now your anti Jewish bias and your sympathy for the Arab terrorists is clear for everyone .

Goodbye : I will no longer wast my time with a Greek who is supporting the Muslims .

Comment

"Settlers " : now your anti Jewish bias and your sympathy for the Arab terrorists is clear for everyone .

Goodbye : I will no longer wast my time with a Greek who is supporting the Muslims .
                            Translation: "When I am challenged to show my sources, I feel a need to flee."

This is how I deal with people who spread rumors and propaganda. I give my sources, and I ask them to give their sources, so that we can make comparisons and see who among us spreads rumors and propaganda.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X