Motel 6 leaves the Green and White light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Yes, and in that case they'd have a warrant. Which is fine. Exactly how our system works. No problem with that.
    Nope, they asked for it and the companies handed it over. No warrant necessary. If the information is voluntarily turned over, no need for a warrant. It is, after all, the company's information to use.

Comment

Another Conservative that is OK with a growing Fed Gov.

I do not think the Government needs to catalog and track my movement. I guess you're OK with that.
      First, there is no "growing" of the federal government. The hotel was volunteering the info to existing government entities, not being compelled to provide info to new ones.

Second, being conservative doesn't mean being anti government anyway. You're mixing conservative with libertarian which I am not. There are government programs I support.

As for government tracking, to the extent it is currently being done I have no complaints. Honestly Amazon probably tracks me more invasively than they do anyway.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        First, there is no "growing" of the federal government. The hotel was volunteering the info to existing government entities, not being compelled to provide info to new ones.

Second, being conservative doesn't mean being anti government anyway. You're mixing conservative with libertarian which I am not. There are government programs I support.

As for government tracking, to the extent it is currently being done I have no complaints. Honestly Amazon probably tracks me more invasively than they do anyway.
        Amazon is not the government.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Amazon is not the government.
          Congratulations! You win the prize for Missed The Point By The Widest Margin!
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

They do make the rats pay for the room before turning them over to the border police, do they ?
            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X