• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly the Friendly Skys

http://www.govexec.com/management/20...relatedstories

Your thoughts and comments
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Private ownership has issues to me. Back when the union went on strike, we had an incident at the Lake Charles airport. We had an aircraft declare an emergency and ask for assistance to land after dark. The ATC there had been there on overtime for hours and announced he was going home. The plane ended up crashing and killing everyone aboard. The pilot had already suffered a heart attack. The ATC guy was arrested and charged with murder, but by the time his trial arrived the charges were dropped.

Private ownership would have a problem keeping training and safety issues met. Trump would never have problems landing HIS plane.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      Private ownership has issues to me. Back when the union went on strike, we had an incident at the Lake Charles airport. We had an aircraft declare an emergency and ask for assistance to land after dark. The ATC there had been there on overtime for hours and announced he was going home. The plane ended up crashing and killing everyone aboard. The pilot had already suffered a heart attack. The ATC guy was arrested and charged with murder, but by the time his trial arrived the charges were dropped.

Private ownership would have a problem keeping training and safety issues met. Trump would never have problems landing HIS plane.

Pruitt
      Being ATC and evolved in the strike I don't buy that story.

Comment

Why not? Airports are generally run by local government for profit. They can pay a company to provide trained air traffic controllers. Besides, the way things are going this is another field where automation is likely to end up taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Comments on what? Your link goes to an advertisement.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I foresee more problems than gains from privatization of this essential service, but agree that the FAA needs to find a way to upgrade to more current tech in providing ATC, and sooner rather than later.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

A lot of people aren't aware that there's been private air traffic controllers for at least 3 decades. The Municipal airport in Ardmore Oklahoma, and Majors airport in Greenville Texas, had non-FAA air traffic controllers at least as far back as the mid 80s. Whether they still are or not I don't know. But I do know they were back then when I was taking flying lessons. If those two airports had non-FAA ATC, I think it's fairly safe to assume that such existed elsewhere in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Comments on what? Your link goes to an advertisement.
                If you click off the ad, the article will appear.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

works 100% correctly.

Comment

Private ATC totally works. Examples abound, and it pays to not try to reinvent the wheel.

Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand have turned over day-to-day management of their systems to private businesses or independent agencies with at least partial government ownership.

[IMG]AKm3t by R. Bezoen, on Flickr[/IMG]
                    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X