Lynchings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynchings

In New Hampshire, authorities are investigating an apparent attempted lynching in the town of Claremont. A mother says her 8-year-old biracial child had to be airlifted to the hospital after a group of white teenagers reportedly hung him from a tree. She also posted photographs on Facebook showing the injuries to the child’s neck. The child’s grandmother also says the white teenagers were taunting the child with racial slurs before the attack.
    https://www.democracynow.org/2017/9/...mpted_lynching
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Seems the media has created a lot of new racist.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Was it because of race, or was it teenagers doing stupid teenager stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        Racists never went away, unless you feel laws can change the way people feel about others. If the media is capable of creating racists, then we live in a country full of lemmings which is probably worse.

At any rate, I like to hold people accountable for their behavior as opposed to passing blame. Unless they don't have their own mind, it's not the media's fault.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Lynching is stupid teenager stuff?
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            Yes... Taken too far, but it can be. Teenagers do all sorts of really, really stupid stuff. Never underestimate the stupidity of a teenager. They'll surprise you every time!

Comment

When was the last time someone was lynched (in the U.S.) by anyone other than stupid teenagers?
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Notice the thread title is plural, I'll post the rest soon.
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess... Or, something like that...

Comment

Depends on your skin color, if you're white it's always "being stupid", at least to some people.
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                      Depends on your skin color, if you're white it's always "being stupid", at least to some people.
                      Stupid knows no race, it's a near universal trait...

Comment

Murderous teenage stuff. Goes beyond just being stupid.
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          The media???? What a remarkably ill informed comment; have you been paying attention at all lately?
                          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                          Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            When my daughter did stupid teenager stuff the worse thing that she did was shop-lifting at the exchange; embarrassing! My kid did all kinds of dumb crap but I am pretty sure that her and her friends never once discussed hanging an eight year old boy to relieve boredom. Is that the sort of thing that you did when you were a teenager?
                            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

ayuh...up theyah in cow hamsha...

Well...you have to take into account the town in which this allegedly happened. In the mid-1990s, the city of Claremont, New Hampshire started a process against the State of New Hampshire, challenging the constitutionality of the New Hampshire allocation of school funding.
                              It seems that the local property taxes were such that there was not enough to fund the local school districts. The Claremont Decision was the state's answer to this constitutional challenge. It mandated that a portion of all property taxes in the state be allocated to those school districts whose funding was inadequate.
                              Wanna know what Claremont did with its share of the state's largesse? They decided that they needed a new opera house instead of repairs to the high school.
                              So, extrapolating from this mindset, we can see that the local teenage gentry in a town such as Claremont would have even less going for them when it comes to stupid.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X