2006 :8.9

2007 :10.1

2008 : 9.5

Positive:

2005 : 4.7

2006 : 3.9

2007 : 3.3

2008 :3.9

Source : The global president : international media and the US government
        P 103 Table 11.3

Thus the claim that Fox was a right wing GOP propaganda machine is not correct;besides : a right wing GOP propaganda machine would not hire liberals as Megyn Kelly .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          News coverage of G.Bush by Fox in % )

Negative

2005 : 9.1

2006 :8.9

2007 :10.1

2008 : 9.5

Positive:

2005 : 4.7

2006 : 3.9

2007 : 3.3

2008 :3.9

Source : The global president : international media and the US government
          P 103 Table 11.3

Thus the claim that Fox was a right wing GOP propaganda machine is not correct;besides : a right wing GOP propaganda machine would not hire liberals as Megyn Kelly .
          That kinda happens when you screw up a couple of wars, even Fox can't polish a turd......

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
            That kinda happens when you screw up a couple of wars, even Fox can't polish a turd......
            not to mention that, again, we do not see any comparisons about how Bush's political opponents were covered by FOX or how FOX covered Obama...
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• and here is an example of what I am saying...

http://www.journalism.org/2012/11/01...-cable-outlet/

If somebody simply says that CNN had a net -3% of negative coverage of Obama during the 2012 election ( I use ljadw's methodology and the indicators of net positive or negative coverage of his sources), he does not reveal that CNN was anti-Obama during the 2012 election. You have to see how CNN covered Romney in 2012 (and the much higher negative coverage of him) to realize that CNN supported Obama during the 2012 election.

On top of the above, there is also the issue that such indicators do not present the intensity of the positive or negative criticism. For example, according to the used indicators, a statement that Obama (or Bush or Trump) is a traitor "counts" as much as a statement with less harsh criticism. These differences are not captured by such indicators of "percentages" of positive or negative statements...
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X