Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF it's not broke, don't fix it.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      IF it's not broke, don't fix it.
      Image on a bill can't be broke. However we can change them because the is no fundamental reason not to do so periodically. The current ones were not the original images that we started the nation with. So how did they get there? Someone wanted a new one. No reason not to.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        The treasury held a several month internet vote. She one. Not that hard. No reason not to rotate images on our currency. None at all.
        Never heard of it and wonder how many votes were cast.

BTW, think you mean "won" not "one". Personal comment deleted by ACG Staff.
        Last edited by Salinator; 06 Sep 17, 16:58.

Comment

When they do this, the government will then presumably move to put an Irish person on another bill, and a Russian, A Czech, a German, a Pole, etc. on all subsequent bills. We must honor ALL Americans equally.

Might be a better idea to put national monuments, landmarks or some other neutral subject on them. How about American Nobel Prize recipients?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            When they do this, the government will then presumably move to put an Irish person on another bill, and a Russian, A Czech, a German, a Pole, etc. on all subsequent bills. We must honor ALL Americans equally.

Might be a better idea to put national monuments, landmarks or some other neutral subject on them. How about American Nobel Prize recipients?

Yea... Statues of AlGore and Obama everywhere... Maybe put "You to can do nothing and succeed" as their motto...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Yea... Statues of AlGore and Obama everywhere... Maybe put "You to can do nothing and succeed" as their motto...
              You're a very disturbed person. You should get help right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                You're a very disturbed person. You should get help right away.
                Not possible... I've been repeatedly told I'm quite helpless...

Comment

Not possible... I've been repeatedly told I'm quite helpless...
                  The list is lengthy but distinguished.

Comment

Rigged vote no doubt. Has Clown Obama all over it!

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    The treasury held a several month internet vote. She one. Not that hard. No reason not to rotate images on our currency. None at all.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

In relative terms Tubman was a nobody in history elevated to a somebody because of political correctness and Social Justice.
                      Whomever is selected to be the face of the $20, it's almost certain to be an improvement: forgetting about his other obvious failings, Andrew Jackson was implacably hostile to the Bank of the United States, and refused to renew its charter, thus helping to plunge the US into its worst recession to that time at practically the very moment his term expired. So let's finally say good-bye to Andy Jackson already.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Somehow, " I see your Hamilton and raise you a Tubman. " just doesn't sound right.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                          Somehow, " I see your Hamilton and raise you a Tubman. " just doesn't sound right.
                          Still, the schwartzer didn't try to eradicate the bank as an institution. Tubman 1, Jackson 0.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Whomever is selected to be the face of the $20, it's almost certain to be an improvement: forgetting about his other obvious failings, Andrew Jackson was implacably hostile to the Bank of the United States, and refused to renew its charter, thus helping to plunge the US into its worst recession to that time at practically the very moment his term expired. So let's finally say good-bye to Andy Jackson already.
                            Not if it's Obama...

Comment

If any African American belong on a dollar bill it's George Jefferson. The man came from poverty to build a dry cleaning business in new York City. He is a true inspiration to us all.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X