NY Police Rally Behind Colin Kaepernick and His Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Oh...Kay...player exercises "free speech" by refusing to respect the American flag.

American viewers exercise "free speech" by boycotting the team.

Team exercises employer option to dump player for actions detrimental to overall profits.

Welcome to America.

Nothing in this scenario is in any way "racist" or any other nonsense. This is how the real world works. Player made a personal choice, and experienced the consequences, period. Had he been a white player, he still would have been fired because of the adverse effect on ratings.

Nothing here for police to support one way or the other, since there is not crime and no foul, unless, of course, the local LEO's are feeling guilty about their own actions in the past.
    MM nailed it. Remember, MM and I are great fans of each other.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      I wonder how he feels about people who fly the confederate flag.

The fans wanted him gone for what he did which is censorship.

No. I'm referring to the fans who boycotted due to Colin's protests, not the owners.

This has all been discussed already, but I suspect you haven't read it or failed to comprehend. NFL teams are shying away from Colin due to the negative impact he's likely to have on their bottom line. In many ways, for the NFL, this has more to do with money than it does politics. They are obligated to make decisions that are in the best interest of their business. In this case, there is a concern about ratings and viewer satisfaction.

All of that is fair play. For the third time now, all I'm arguing is that people who feel differently about Colin's protest should also boycott the NFL. Stop watching the games and make their voices heard. That's all.

I've said this in post #9, #15 and probably other posts as well.

1) The cop's feelings on the confederate flag aren't relevant to your effort to claim that cops are supporting Colin. Referencing the confederate flag is just your effort to change the subject and to launch a personal attack on that cop because you have nothing else to say.
      2) Please read the definition of censorship. The fact that people dislike an idea is not the same thing as censorship. Your implicit condemnation of the confederate flag in your first sentence would qualify as censorship under your definition. No one has stopped Colin from saying and doing what he likes.
      3) Of course NFL teams are looking towards their bottom line. I find it odd that you acknowledge this when previously you condemned their doing so and called it censorship by republicans. Your reversal on this point suggests that you are merely trolling.

NFL teams don't owe anyone a forum to make political statements regardless of the message. Colin is out of a job because he is toxic and not good enough to warrant anyone taking a risk on the negative baggage he brings with him.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Oh...Kay...player exercises "free speech" by refusing to respect the American flag.

American viewers exercise "free speech" by boycotting the team.

Team exercises employer option to dump player for actions detrimental to overall profits.

Welcome to America.

Nothing in this scenario is in any way "racist" or any other nonsense. This is how the real world works. Player made a personal choice, and experienced the consequences, period. Had he been a white player, he still would have been fired because of the adverse effect on ratings.

Nothing here for police to support one way or the other, since there is not crime and no foul, unless, of course, the local LEO's are feeling guilty about their own actions in the past.

I don't know about the LEOs' motivations, but otherwise completely agree.

No one's right to free speech has been impinged in any way, shape or form.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Shouldn't the title of this thread read, Black NY Police Gathering....

It certainly doesn't look like a rally and a lot of support, more like a gathering of a few anarchists. No news here, move along.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            1) The cop's feelings on the confederate flag aren't relevant to your effort to claim that cops are supporting Colin. Referencing the confederate flag is just your effort to change the subject and to launch a personal attack on that cop because you have nothing else to say.
            Some cops are indeed supporting Colin and the flag is a question I'm genuinely interested in. I asked it in the first post as well, but you probably didn't read that either.

Flying a rebel flag should be seen as more disrespectful so it's a legitimate curiosity as to why it's not met with the same fervor by most republicans. Why is a knee more divisive than a flag that represents division.

2) Please read the definition of censorship. The fact that people dislike an idea is not the same thing as censorship.
            Obviously by itself that is not censorship. However, when you take an action in attempt to silence something you don't like, that then becomes censorship. When the fans took action to remove Colin, it became an act of censorship.

Your implicit condemnation of the confederate flag in your first sentence would qualify as censorship under your definition. No one has stopped Colin from saying and doing what he likes.
            If it wasn't for the fans who boycotted and wanted him removed, he'd still be in the NFL.

Me not liking the confederate flag due to what it represents does not prohibit citizens from flying it. NFL fans boycotting did prohibit Colin.

3) Of course NFL teams are looking towards their bottom line. I find it odd that you acknowledge this when previously you condemned their doing so and called it censorship by republicans. Your reversal on this point suggests that you are merely trolling.
            I haven't reversed anything, I still feel fans who care about free speech should not watch any games this year. Acknowledging the reason for his removal doesn't mean I agree with the fans who ultimately squashed his free speech. But, they have their side and reasons, so again those who feel otherwise should make their voices heard as well.

NFL teams don't owe anyone a forum to make political statements regardless of the message. Colin is out of a job because he is toxic and not good enough to warrant anyone taking a risk on the negative baggage he brings with him.
            It is interesting that expressing concern for the well being of blacks is seen as toxic.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              Shouldn't the title of this thread read, Black NY Police Gathering....

It certainly doesn't look like a rally and a lot of support, more like a gathering of a few anarchists. No news here, move along.
              A gathering of black cops are anarchists now. Ok.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X