NY Police Rally Behind Colin Kaepernick and His Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Police Rally Behind Colin Kaepernick and His Cause

Some have claimed that Colin's protest were anti-American and anti-police, yet there are many within the police force who agree with Colin and admit that there are problems that need to be addressed.

Law enforcers past and present turned out Saturday in a show of support for the controversial NFL quarterback — whose public stance against racism and police violence preceded his current unemployment.

“What Colin Kaepernick did is try to bring awareness that this nation unfortunately has ignored for far too long,” said NYPD Sgt. Edwin Raymond, who helped organize the Brooklyn event.

“And that's the issue of racism in America and policing in America. We decided to gather here today because of the way he's being railroaded for speaking the obvious truth.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3425792

What does it say when current and former police are now starting to take a stand...

In regards to Colin, this is a man being black balled from the NFL due to taking a knee during the anthem. I find it odd that's seen as inexcusably disrespectful, but flying the flag of our former enemy, the flag that represents division and rebellion is seemingly ok. Which is worse, taking a knee or refusing to unite under one flag.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Are these the same police whose union defends a cop who not only violated his department's rules concerning holds around the neck, but then was rather lackadaisical about calling for EMTs? Maybe instead of worrying about what the NFL is doing, the PBA should put a little more effort into cleaning its own house. Step 1 should be voting out Pat Lynch. After twenty years, however, I stopped holding my breath.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Some have claimed that Colin's protest were anti-American and anti-police, yet there are many within the police force who agree with Colin and admit that there are problems that need to be addressed.

What does it say when current and former police are now starting to take a stand...

In regards to Colin, this is a man being black balled from the NFL due to taking a knee during the anthem. I find it odd that's seen as inexcusably disrespectful, but flying the flag of our former enemy, the flag that represents division and rebellion is seemingly ok. Which is worse, taking a knee or refusing to unite under one flag.
      did you look at the picture in your link? that explains it all

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
        Keep showing your hatred towards blacks.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
          Some "dark" humor there...

Comment

In regards to Colin, this is a man being black balled from the NFL due to taking a knee during the anthem.
            He is being blackballed because the NFL is concerned with the bottom line:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...uned-nfl-games

26% watched less due to Kaepernick disrespecting the anthem.

The NFL is about making money, not political statements.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

There it is there. Free speech often has a price tag attached....

Comment

Take a stand for what?
                What risk is involved in their stand?

They are demanding that someone else pay colin millions to play football.
                The cops aren't offering to cover his salary. The fact that they may support his politics doesn't increase his value as a player or as a draw to fans.
                When the cops offer to help pay his salary I will agree they are taking a stand.

Colin chose to do something that reasonably alienated football fans. That makes him a negative influence on the ability of teams to make money.
                The team didn't exist as a vehicle for him to make a political statement. It is there to make money.

The assumption that the failure to hire him is about race is ignorant and racist itself. Football teams don't seem to have a problem with black players, they have a problem with players that don't help.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

I completely agree with that statement, which is why I feel all minorities along with anyone else who cares about free speech, should in turn do the same. Boycott the nfl.
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I completely agree with that statement, which is why I feel all minorities along with anyone else who cares about free speech, should in turn do the same. Boycott the nfl.

Um, colin was allowed to exercise his free speech.
                    It isn't unfair that he have to accept the consequences of his own actions.

That is how the real world works
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

we've been over this a million times.....police brutality is way over blown--especially compared to other problems within the black community
                      ..as I just stated in another thread--and proven with facts ---that should be the least of their worries

Comment

The NFL isn't limiting his free speech, he is free to say or do whatever he wants. I'm not sure anyone would want an employer to hire someone that would have a negative effect on the bottom line.

In that article that I linked, numerous reasons for a decline in viewers were listed from too many commercials to rules.....the one thing that the NFL can do to improve viewer numbers is not hire someone that would turn viewers off, if the numbers are true, that would increase viewership by 26%.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Keep showing your hatred towards blacks.
                          you see hate everywhere--which makes your arguments worthless
                          ..I could say 'ducks fly on the moon and you would say that is hate
                          ..stop with the false accusations, with no facts at all

Comment

Kaepernick had stated that if he is signed on by any team, he will not protest.

If you follow sports talk shows, there is a lot of concern about the state of his body which is pretty much shot. On top of that, before he was benched, he had shown consistent inability to read the defense, and had difficulty spotting is open receivers downfield. When he did find them, he couldn't deliver the ball properly.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The NFL isn't limiting his free speech, he is free to say or do whatever he wants. I'm not sure anyone would want an employer to hire someone that would have a negative effect on the bottom line.

In that article that I linked, numerous reasons for a decline in viewers were listed from too many commercials to rules.....the one thing that the NFL can do to improve viewer numbers is not hire someone that would turn viewers off, if the numbers are true, that would increase viewership by 26%.
                              The only way to get the NFL to disregard the fans who want to limit free speech is by hurting their bottom line worse than they have.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X