Questionable Police Killing and Detroit is Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Police Killing and Detroit is Quiet

I know many here like bashing Detroit but we've had a questionable police killing here and everything is peaceful, as it should be. A young teenager was riding his unlicensed ATV on a side street. A state trooper saw him and decided to pull him over. Like a stupid teenager, he decided to try to flee. Remember, he wasn't a fleeing felon or armed, just someone doing something stupid. The state trooper pulled close up next to him and tased him. Of course, what could go wrong? The kid lost control, crashed and was killed. The original police report supposedly omitted the taser detail and just said the kid lost control. Killing someone over a stupid, childish misdemeanor.

actually fleeing might be against the law--if the police ordered him to stop/etc
    ..as I just posted a few minutes ago, the common denominator in 99% of these deaths is the suspect fleeing/resisting...why? ..I've asked this many times before---explain why they flee.....and being afraid of the police is not a good reason
    ...however, unless the driver was a threat to others, I see tazing an ATV rider in motion as wrong
    ..we need more details
    again, the chronic, main problem is not complying--

Comment

Oops! I forgot the link. Here it is...
      http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...oit/608105001/

Comment

there should be dashcam, but not released until further investigation??

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
          there should be dashcam, but not released until further investigation??
          I don't know. It might not show anything since he was tased out the side window.

Comment

And the officer was supposed to know that this person was not fleeing a crime scene or armed....how?

The burden of proof is on the suspect, not the officer. Once the suspect fled, he assumed full responsibility for the consequences.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
              actually fleeing might be against the law--if the police ordered him to stop/etc
              ..as I just posted a few minutes ago, the common denominator in 99% of these deaths is the suspect fleeing/resisting...why?
              Maybe they're afraid of being sodomized or otherwise tortured.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              And the officer was supposed to know that this person was not fleeing a crime scene or armed....how?

The burden of proof is on the suspect, not the officer. Once the suspect fled, he assumed full responsibility for the consequences.
              No, the burden is on the officer, for filing a false report: he omitted his use of the taser on a subject who was operating a motor vehicle. His omission makes the officer appear as if he knew that engaging a suspect with a taser while operating a motor vehicle was contrary to his department's policies.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Ridiculous, ...

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                I know many here like bashing Detroit but we've had a questionable police killing here and everything is peaceful, as it should be. A young teenager was riding his unlicensed ATV on a side street. A state trooper saw him and decided to pull him over. Like a stupid teenager, he decided to try to flee. Remember, he wasn't a fleeing felon or armed, just someone doing something stupid. The state trooper pulled close up next to him and tased him. Of course, what could go wrong? The kid lost control, crashed and was killed. The original police report supposedly omitted the taser detail and just said the kid lost control. Killing someone over a stupid, childish misdemeanor.

... regardless of what MM posts all this kid was presumed guilty of in the eyes of the trooper at the time, was a traffic offense, trivial in the grand scheme of things, no reason for loss of life; the Trooper's now facing criminal negligence, or something very much like it.

That said, I get it, the blood gets up in a chase. I confess I once threw my night stick at a kid on a 3 wheel ATV, that there was no chance that I was ever going to catch. I had a "what the hell am I doing?" moment; glad I didn't hit him, never did that again.
                "I am Groot"
                - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                  ... regardless of what MM posts all this kid was presumed guilty of in the eyes of the trooper at the time, was a traffic offense, trivial in the grand scheme of things, no reason for loss of life; the Trooper's now facing criminal negligence, or something very much like it.

That said, I get it, the blood gets up in a chase. I confess I once threw my night stick at a kid on a 3 wheel ATV, that there was no chance that I was ever going to catch. I had a "what the hell am I doing?" moment; glad I didn't hit him, never did that again.
                  In a lot of states, maybe in all states, as soon as you flee from a LEO, you're committing a felony. Therefore, assuming that is the law in Michigan, as soon as that "kid" took off on his ATV, it went from a simple traffic offense, to a felony.

The real scandal here, as I see it, is that the officer in question, falsified a report.

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                    In a lot of states, maybe in all states, as soon as you flee from a LEO, you're committing a felony. Therefore, assuming that is the law in Michigan, as soon as that "kid" took off on his ATV, it went from a simple traffic offense, to a felony.

The real scandal here, as I see it, is that the officer in question, falsified a report.
                    He was 15, which is still a kid in my eyes. If he was 17-18, then it's different.

The thing that everyone is missing, is that there aren't any riots. Everyone is always making fun of Detroit, but here they are, acting a whole lot better than most cities would be right now.

Comment

He was 15, which is still a kid in my eyes. If he was 17-18, then it's different.

The thing that everyone is missing, is that there aren't any riots. Everyone is always making fun of Detroit, but here they are, acting a whole lot better than most cities would be right now.
                      Some kids are gang leaders and murderers by the time they're 15. MS-13 have enforcers chopping off heads even younger than that.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

One thing that is not missing, it is http://www.fiegerlaw.com/

I heard a report that he is seeking $60 million in this case.
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          Some kids are gang leaders and murderers by the time they're 15. MS-13 have enforcers chopping off heads even younger than that.
                          That's why the police have such a poor image in some areas. They think the worst about everyone instead of relating to people on an individual basis.

PS- MS13 isn't active in this area. We've never even had the Bloods and Crips around here. The local clubs even kept the Hells Angels out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Unfortunate, but the absolute truth of the matter.

Now we can concentrate on the "tasing".

GG
                            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

That's why the police have such a poor image in some areas. They think the worst about everyone instead of relating to people on an individual basis.

PS- MS13 isn't active in this area. We've never even had the Bloods and Crips around here. The local clubs even kept the Hells Angels out of here.
                              Sounds like the "local clubs" are some pretty "bad" dudes!

GG
                              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X