Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now Afghanistan Another breathtaking U-turn. What is going on?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I don't think history teaches us that letting the military run wars is a good idea, I offer Korea as exhibit A. The trick as president is to know when to listen to your generals and when to find new generals, I offer Lincoln as exhibit B.
    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      I don't think history teaches us that letting the military run wars is a good idea, I offer Korea as exhibit A. The trick as president is to know when to listen to your generals and when to find new generals, I offer Lincoln as exhibit B.
      Lincoln I don't think it a good example Because his problem is he had guys who did not want to fight or were incompentent. I am speaking broadly here so don't nitpick

      Why Korea?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        I don't think history teaches us that letting the military run wars is a good idea, I offer Korea as exhibit A. The trick as president is to know when to listen to your generals and when to find new generals, I offer Lincoln as exhibit B.
        Given the high incidence of incompetence and lack of any familiarity with military forces whatsoever, it's an even worse idea to allow politicians to run them.

        I offer Big Bird Johnson, Lil' Bush and BoBo Obama as prime examples.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Given the high incidence of incompetence and lack of any familiarity with military forces whatsoever, it's an even worse idea to allow politicians to run them.

          I offer Big Bird Johnson, Lil' Bush and BoBo Obama as prime examples.
          Why did you leave Ray Gun Ronnie out? He had more kia than Obama?
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Why did you leave Ray Gun Ronnie out? He had more kia than Obama?
            I actually give Reagan more credit than that. He may have been dull intellectually, but his politicK instincts were uncanny. His gut reaction to double the forces for Grenada put Reagan head and shoulders above Geo W Bush. Taking advice from guys like Colin Powell didn't hurt either.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Why did you leave Ray Gun Ronnie out? He had more kia than Obama?
              He won his wars... Obama surrendered before he started fighting...

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                He won his wars... Obama surrendered before he started fighting...


                REALLY which ones? I was still active duty back then and only remember a couple wag the dog excises in a small island in the Atlantic and Panama. Don't be so foolish and come with the Cold War BS!
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  I actually give Reagan more credit than that. He may have been dull intellectually, but his politicK instincts were uncanny. His gut reaction to double the forces for Grenada put Reagan head and shoulders above Geo W Bush. Taking advice from guys like Colin Powell didn't hurt either.
                  Why did he even need a multi force to go in there in the first place? Did Stone give him the intel again? Do you think as naval task force and some fly bys would have been more than enough? Some more kia on our side?










                  teflon Ronnie
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X