An 'Apology' is Not Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just tried to side skirt it again.

So you want to teach me something but you can't read? That's funny.

Whoever knowingly and willfully threatens to kill, kidnap, or inflict bodily harm upon--

 a former President or a member of the immediate family of a former President;

 a member of the immediate family of the President, the President-elect, the Vice President, or the Vice President-elect;

 a major candidate for the office of President or Vice President, or a member of the immediate family of such candidate;  or

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

Originally posted by pamak View Post
    Actually, this is a different issue since you tried to argue that what she did was illegal. I did not say that what she did was illegal, and in fact I do not think it was illegal. Still, I was clear that she should resign, and if you want me to teach you a few things about the limits of the first Amendment, I will be glad to do so, but not in this thread.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      You just tried to side skirt it again.

So you want to teach me something but you can't read? That's funny.

Whoever knowingly and willfully threatens to kill, kidnap, or inflict bodily harm upon--

 a former President or a member of the immediate family of a former President;

 a member of the immediate family of the President, the President-elect, the Vice President, or the Vice President-elect;

 a major candidate for the office of President or Vice President, or a member of the immediate family of such candidate;  or

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
      Every time you challenge me, I have no problem to respond since I do not feel responsible for stirring the conversation away from the intended focus.

So, you want me to justify my position...

Here it is...

First:
      https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/u...l?mcubz=0&_r=0

WASHINGTON ó The Supreme Court on Monday made it harder to prosecute people for threats made on Facebook and other social media, reversing the conviction of a Pennsylvania man who directed brutally violent language against his estranged wife.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., writing for the majority, said prosecutors must do more than prove that reasonable people would view statements as threats. The defendantís state of mind matters, the chief justice wrote, though he declined to say just where the legal line is drawn.
      Second:
      Her defense would probably be that she did not threaten that SHE would assassinate the president but that she HOPED that somebody else would do it!

Conclusion from both of the above:

A prosecutor would have an impossible task to seek her conviction based on what she posted in Instagram...
      Last edited by pamak; 22 Aug 17, 10:19.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Side skirting again, you post a case about a threat directed against an estranged wife?

Every time you challenge me, I have no problem to respond since I do not feel responsible for stirring the conversation away from the intended focus.

So, you want me to justify my position...

Here it is...

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/u...l?mcubz=0&_r=0

Not to mention that her defense would probably be that she did not threaten that SHE would assassinate the president but that she HOPED that somebody else would do it!
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          Side skirting again, you post a case about a threat directed against an estranged wife?

Feel free to think that this case would not be used as a precedent for a threat directed against a president. Plus I noticed that you completed ignored the second part of my response which makes it even more difficult to show that she actually threatened Trump...
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

No, I didn't see it.

Your logic is still flawed.

Feel free to think that this case would not be used as a precedent for a threat directed against a president. Plus I noticed that you completed ignored the second part of my response which makes it even more difficult to show that she actually threatened Trump...
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X