Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of Republican racism is "a libel and Republicans should say so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    In terms of racial superiority, we have had this discussion here awhile ago. Where conservative members argued that they have stats to prove it and it's not racist because it's fact. So that comes from previous discussions here and you will see that elsewhere as well. When I have the time I'll try to find the thread.
    Afro-Americans commit the highest proportion of violent crimes in the country. That is fact, and you or i will readily admit it: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

So where does racial superiority come in? It could be attributed to the economic and educational hardships that have existed since slavery ended, not to genetics. It doesn't have to be explained by anything really, it's just statistics.

There's nothing wrong with Republicans wanting to live in communities of their own culture. I've lived in affulent suburbs, the small town, and the inner city. And I can tell you I defeinitely have preferences for where I want to live; and if people have a problem with that, it is on them. You surely don't see Barack Obama or Bruce Springsteen moving to Chicago's South Side.
    As an extreme case, I'm sure none of us want a Sharia Law culture where women are not allowed to drive and gays are executed in public.

The surveys are otherwise fair enough, but they don't mean that white Republicans view themselves as racially superior to blacks. There is a massive culture difference in this country between whites and blacks, the latter being former slaves who still largely live in poverty.

Thus there is a gap in education, which could very well lead whites to consider blacks less intelligent (stats: https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_caa.asp). Although there is no statistical support for whites to view blacks as lazy.

Further, republicans are not champions of peoples rights. Which party is actively fighting against the rights of gays and Muslims? Did republicans do anything to stop the Patriot act, one of the biggest violations of the rights of all American citizens? No. The only champions of peoples rights are libertarians.
    Where do you see Republicans fighting against the rights of gays and Muslims? It was Bush who left gay marriage to the states, which resulted in the Supreme Court declaring it legal, which is more than a Democratic Congress/President could have done. And the only thing in recent memory that can be construed as anti-Muslim is the travel ban, which left the majority of the world's Muslim population untouched; it was, as you know, a vetting procedure for teror-prone countries.

Republicans might not engage in liberal rhetoric, but they have never tried to take away rights that have been guaranteed. They're certainly not trying to "put blacks back in chains."

All of that said, I do not believe the republican party is a party of or for racism. Any type of claim would be ignorant and wildly inaccurate. However if you're going to compare them directly to liberals, there is a clear distinction between the two. Especially today with such a strong white nationalist movement growing on the republican side.
    I'm not comparing Republicans to liberals. I'm saying there's a fashionable trend of calling Republicans racist when there is no proof of it. And there's no strong white nationalist movement, maybe <1% of the people who voted for Trump. Check out the numbers of the Charlottesville protest and the "Free Speech" protest today in Boston; the numbers of white nationalists aren't even worth mentioning; they couldn't even elect a House Representative. It's only in the media because one of them committed an act of murder/terrorism/whatever you want to call it.

They did, but he also used to be a liberal democrat with liberal views and then did a complete 180.
    He used to be a Democrat, and he got tired of what they were doing to the country. Now Republicans, former Democrats, and people who never voted before are supporting him because they had it up to the eyebrows with liberalism. There's a huge logic gap between supporting Trump and being a racist.
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
      He used to be a Democrat, and he got tired of what they were doing to the country. Now Republicans, former Democrats, and people who never voted before are supporting him because they had it up to the eyebrows with liberalism. There's a huge logic gap between supporting Trump and being a racist.
      That's what it's really boiling down to. The Left has gotten in the public eye in a big way. Obama is the most obvious case of that. Universities have gone off the hook with Leftist stupid.
      That is causing people to search for something to balance it out, and the mainstream Republicans are often seen as Left-lite now. Along comes Trump who the Left and Democrats revile and hate with an almost insane level of violent vitriol, and the mainstream of the GOP recoils from him for nearly the same reason.
      Yet, even the most harsh polling and anti-Trump research finds his base, even a very large block of Americans in general, still support him. This has confounded the Left and those doing this research as they seemingly can't grasp that it's their own Leftist ideologies that this block of Americans rejects in totality and will back anyone who isn't pushing more of the same on them.

For example, which do you think Trump supporters and Republican rank and file find worse? That the GOP Congress can't or won't repeal Obamacare, or that Trump wants that but can't get the Republicans in Congress to do it?

Democrats on the other hand, because they've become part and parcel of the Left, can't grasp that simply because voters might be rejecting Trump and the Republicans in office doesn't mean that those voters will support them instead. They can't figure out that those same voters have rejected the Leftist Progressive agenda and will continue to support Republicans even as they express their displeasure in them simply because that's the lesser of two obvious evils for them.

The Democrats can't reject the Left at this point and the Republicans haven't clued in that they need a major lurch to the Right to correct the list in their boat before it too capsizes.

Comment

Not all African Americans fall for the BS

https://nworeport.me/2017/08/19/blac...es-attack-him/
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

blah blah blah
          race again
          blacks feel they are superior to whites because they see racism everywhere---they see the whites as evil
          blacks are just as racist as whites
          on and on it goes round and round
          please see the hate crimes thread

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
            blah blah blah
            race again
            blacks feel they are superior to whites because they see racism everywhere---they see the whites as evil
            blacks are just as racist as whites
            on and on it goes round and round
            please see the hate crimes thread
            But but only whites can be racist...

Comment

Originally posted by Nebfer View Post
              But but only whites can be racist...
              it's ''amazing'' how many times and how much the MSM tries to shove this down our throats--
              day after day, year after year with their racism stories mostly--if not all-- about evil whites
              ..how idiotic to think and publish day after day, the other races are inhuman--incapable of evil...they are so different than whites

Comment

The myth of Republican racism is "a libel and Republicans should say so, loudly and often."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...sm-mona-charen

This article explains how Republicans have always been the champion of people's rights, while Democrats not so much. It also shows that there was no "Big Switch," that Democrat politicans stayed in their party through the 50s and 60s, as did Republicans.

So how did the myth of Republican Racism get started? Joe Biden gave a speech to an afro-American audience a few years back and told them Republicans want "to put them back in chains." Where did that come from? When did Republicans ever push for something like that, or anything that restricts the rights of people?

Calling Republicans racist is a libel. If someone is accused of racism, without it being proven, and it affects that person's reputation, he should sue for libel.
                A point to research, I'm lazy, which side kept the Woman from voting?
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  A point to research, I'm lazy, which side kept the Woman from voting?
                  Women are a race?

The deciding vote -
                  http://www.history.com/news/the-moth...19th-amendment
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    Women are a race?

The deciding vote -
                    http://www.history.com/news/the-moth...19th-amendment
                    If you say so! I sure as h didn't mention race.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      If you say so! I sure as h didn't mention race.
                      The thread title and OP are about "race" so that is an implied to the responses here.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        My answer is in the thread it belongs in.
                        Answer it if you like, my give-a-damn concerning your view of things is pretty close to busted.
                        Since you went in this thread and you talked to him and walle, tell us what do you think about their position? Are they promoting racist views?

The issue IS ABSOLUTELY relevant to this thread because your reluctance to call a spade spade is one of the reasons why even non-racist conservatives are blamed for being racists.

Here are some interesting parts from the responses your post received there

from 101combat

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...1&postcount=63

I agree with the cultural part, however, the study is probably still valid as far as IQ is concerned...
                        from walle

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...5&postcount=73

Originally Posted by The Exorcist

Once again, it is culture, not Genes, that is at the root of the issue.

It's a combination.
                        Last edited by pamak; 21 Aug 17, 16:24.
                        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

@ American87

I ask you the same question I asked in the previous post (in bold)...
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

And once more we can observe the usual reaction by "moderate" conservatives when they face cases of blatant promotion of racist theories...

and then they complain about the unfair accusations of them being racists or pandering to racists and want to sue for libel...
                            Last edited by pamak; 22 Aug 17, 15:43.

Comment

The surveys are otherwise fair enough, but they don't mean that white Republicans view themselves as racially superior to blacks. There is a massive culture difference in this country between whites and blacks, the latter being former slaves who still largely live in poverty.
                              Where in the world did you learn history?

There are NO former slaves left alive in America, period. All dead. And why is it that the Irish, who were often treated much worse, or the Chinese laborers brought to America to work on the railroads and then abandoned, or all those who fled persecution with nothing but their clothes to come to America are not "living in poverty?

Could it possibly have anything to do with a culture of victimization and the lack of hard work to achieve desired goals as opposed to simply sitting around and expecting life to be handed to them on a platter?"

I'm a descendant of Irish who had to flee Ireland to survive, I grew up poor myself, I made a successful life for myself by sheer hard work and study, and I have zero sympathy for all of this "we were slaves" crap.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                                Since you went in this thread and you talked to him and walle, tell us what do you think about their position? Are they promoting racist views?

The issue IS ABSOLUTELY relevant to this thread because your reluctance to call a spade spade is one of the reasons why even non-racist conservatives are blamed for being racists.

Arguing at silence and from ignorance at the same time?

Okay Troll, I was looking for a place to post this, thanks for making it obvious.

Race-Baiting by the most hideously biased Fake news gang, MSN.
                                You gotta see it to believe this crap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbeamfCxI0A

So, WHO is the race-obsessed wackos spewing pure HATE, eh?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X