Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Confederate Monuments be taken down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    They are not beholden to preserve statues forever just because removing them would offend someone.
    Something says to me that if it offended "minorities" (or better to say those designated as "good minorities" by political mainstream) then they would be beholden. But so it happened that those offended are mostly straight white protestant men i.e. the worst sort of people who have no right to be offended.
    In any case the story demonstrates all the fruitless nature of the present day political activism. Removing the statutes didn't make any good to even a single person and only provoked dangerous and unnecessary turmoil which more farsighted and wise people would definitely try to avoid.

Comment

Pretty much, and those people that further incite this hatred should be tarred and feathered in the public square.

Originally posted by Artyom_A View Post
      Something says to me that if it offended "minorities" (or better to say those designated as "good minorities" by political mainstream) then they would be beholden. But so it happened that those offended are mostly straight white protestant men i.e. the worst sort of people who have no right to be offended.
      In any case the story demonstrates all the fruitless nature of the present day political activism. Removing the statutes didn't make any good to even a single person and only provoked dangerous and unnecessary turmoil which more farsighted and wise people would definitely try to avoid.

Comment

It is up to the communities in which the monuments are kept.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          It is up to the communities in which the monuments are kept.
          Except those on Federal Land...Which of course would bring us full circle, wouldn't it...? (wherever the new Sumter would be)..

Comment

I have decided to come down on the "No" side.
            Whatever I think of of the South and Confederates, playing the Taliban's game in the US is even more repulsive.

If these far-Left agitators want to impress me, then why don't they build something better?

Any ignorant child with a hammer can wreck stuff, but it takes talent and effort to create something.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

How about when the monument in question isn't an homage to the Confederacy or her leaders, but a rallying point for terrorism? That's what Stone Mountain is, and always has been: a rallying point for terrorists. We wouldn't allow Isis such a facility, nor FALN, nor JDL, so why wod we allow such for the KKK? I'm not so sure about some of the other monuments, but definitely Stone Mountain has to be at least altered: it's so massive that removing it might be impractical.

Pulaski TN is similarly a KKK destination, is it not?
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Up to the owner. If that is a city or county then that is what we pay the Elected leaders for. Make a decision, even if that decision is to hold a vote etc.
                Agreed.

I dislike Lenin, but would never demand that Seattle remove his statue.
                I disagree with it, but it is still up to the locals.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  But...but...but...Ronald McDonald is a WHITE clown. That has to be racist.
                  {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                    After listening to some African Americans say that slavery in this country was their Holocaust the very least one can do is be open to a conversation about taking down the CSA statues.
                    Why should the CSA be the scapegoat for slavery?
                    The slave ships bore the flags of the US, Britain, France, Spain, and several other countries.
                    That went on for 300 years before the CSA existed.

we all saw the recent pictures of the large group of our fellow Americans knocking down the CSA statue one could say perhaps this was illegal yet morally correct.
                    "Fellow Americans" - members of the communist "Workers World Party" that supports the government of North Korea.
                    Moral?
                    The statue at Durham was in memory of those who died in a war.
                    The destruction of that monument was the equivalent of someone going through a cemetery vandalizing and destroying headstones.

We saw a number of images from the UVA event. They were meant to be inspirational, the CSA and Third Reich folks had their slogans and their historic figures to look up to...
                    The Nazis were there for some free publicity. They don't care about Confederate monuments.
                    The CSA has no legacy of anti-Semitism. Judah P. Benjamin (a Jew) was Secretary of State.
                    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X