Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will unrepentant Trump supporters eventually become American pariahs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will unrepentant Trump supporters eventually become American pariahs?

    Will unrepentant Trump supporters eventually become American pariahs?

    Nearly everybody important is running for cover now.
    All trying to distance themselves from this guy.
    Republican members of congress, CEO’s, conservative commentators, former presidents.

    But where does this leave his ‘grass-root’ supporters?
    Trump is, in his own unique way, uniting disparate groups and people simply by giving many Americans someone they can loathe openly.
    Maybe that was his idea all along?

    One has to assume that when he goes ‘off script’ and has one of press conference meltdowns he’s saying what he really feels?
    Like what he did yesterday for example, by insinuating a moral equivalency between the KKK, the neo-Nazis the white supremacists and people opposing their views else.

    I thought US presidents at the most basic level were supposed to do all they could to unite not divide or exacerbate an already volatile situation.
    His handling of this situation is just plain awful…childish even.

    Look, I get why some people voted for him in 2016, his appeal to the ‘forgotten’ Americans, the disenchanted, the ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore’ brigade, those uncomfortable with migrants, isolationists and those who sincerely believe in the idea of America love it or leave it etc. etc.

    He told them loud and clear in the election: ‘I AM YOUR VOICE!’
    Well you’ve heard it now and if this is what he thinks those who voted for him want to keep hearing why would he change?
    However of course most people who voted didn’t vote for Trump did they.

    Unless he changes drastically, surely those who supported him so strongly are now in serious danger of being pilloried by plain association if they continue to openly do so are they not?

    Regards
    lodestar

  • #2
    No...the Lefties are loud, but not that effective. Remember that there are around 324 million of us in total, and we elected this guy, not them.

    However, as an open symptom of the disintegration of American society, they are a glaring example of the voice of hatred, bigotry and unreason.

    Our next presidential election may be the turning point towards civil war.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with MM. The Left is loudly pushing a narrative that only they fully buy into. Since the Left in the US is no more than 20% of the population, the narrative even as widely distributed in the MSM is not gaining traction. If anything, the MSM is steadily losing credibility with the average American.

      As of late, the MSM is less popular and believed than Congress or Trump. One recent poll I saw put its popularity / believability at 6%. I think that's low. It's more around 30%, but that's still a failing grade.

      Trump isn't, and won't, get a fair day in court with the press. They, for the most part, hate and despise him. They'll spin even the most positive things he does into a negative if they can. It's the polar opposite of the blind, slathering, praise they heaped on Obama and the Hildabeast. Those two could do no wrong in the eyes of the media.

      But, we've seen that the American people saw through that façade and elected Trump much to the shock and awe of the press.



      Does anyone with any rational objectivity expect that sort of press response to Trump being elected to really give the guy a fair and objective review or reporting on anything he does? I certainly don't expect the press to do that. I expect fake news, cover ups of opposition malfeasance, spinning every story on Trump into a negative tailspin, and outright lies-- both direct and by omission-- from the MSM.

      CNN, the WaPo, as but two major sources have zero credibility in my eyes on anything to do with the administration and politics today. That's just two examples of many.

      So, I suspect that if things keep going the way they are the pariahs will be those on the Left unwilling to accept any alternative to their own views and beliefs. It's already happening. See the CNN meme for example.

      Comment


      • #4
        Loveseat the king of hyperbole only bested by CNN.
        We hunt the hunters

        Comment


        • #5
          How is it that a single Muslim terrorist does not represent all of Islam, but a single white supremacist is supposed to represent every single Trump supporter?

          Throughout American history it has been the Lefties/Democrats that have been the most fanatical, irresponsible and in love with wars.


          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            To answer the question...

            yes!

            This is not going to happen overnight and it is not going to be an issue of left vs right. It will happen gradually in the course of the next couple of decades, and it is going to be an issue of changing demographics since whites soon are not going to be the majority in the US. In fact, I think that part of the Trump phenomenon is the realization by many whites that they lose power, so they react by condemning everything that causes this erosion, from immigration to feminism.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

            Comment


            • #7
              You think a basket of deplorables would care about such a thing?
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

              The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

              Comment


              • #8
                Im not here to defend Trump however the media's and others reaction to this is nothing short of a disgrace. I heard what he said. To argue he supported the Nazis is absurd and his violence on both sides comment was a reference to Antifa who have a long track record of thuggery. Its not as simple as fascist bad , anti fascist good. Its often syphilis versus herpes out there with these groups. The media have just wilfilly ignored this to push their agenda. I find it all very disturbing and the reaction this side of the pond has been equally juvenile.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  You think a basket of deplorables would care about such a thing?
                  Depends on who is holding that basket/...and who's inside of it!

                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                    Im not here to defend Trump however the media's and others reaction to this is nothing short of a disgrace. I heard what he said. To argue he supported the Nazis is absurd and his violence on both sides comment was a reference to Antifa who have a long track record of thuggery. Its not as simple as fascist bad , anti fascist good. Its often syphilis versus herpes out there with these groups. The media have just wilfilly ignored this to push their agenda. I find it all very disturbing and the reaction this side of the pond has been equally juvenile.
                    The D-Day invasion: a group of anti-fascists attacking an entire nation of white supremacists...
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      The D-Day invasion: a group of anti-fascists attacking an entire nation of white supremacists...
                      Antifa sure as hell ain't operation overlord. They're marxist thugs . Thugs against thugs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Last I checked, Murder was illegal...

                        So, too, is Incitement To Riot...

                        As well, Criminal Vandalism...

                        The latter 2 often sowing the conditions for the 1st!

                        In answer to your query, Lode > Pffft!

                        No excuses for any of it regardless what ANYBODY thinx!

                        Next!

                        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

                        ACG History Today

                        BoRG

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                          Im not here to defend Trump however the media's and others reaction to this is nothing short of a disgrace. I heard what he said. To argue he supported the Nazis is absurd and his violence on both sides comment was a reference to Antifa who have a long track record of thuggery. Its not as simple as fascist bad , anti fascist good. Its often syphilis versus herpes out there with these groups. The media have just wilfilly ignored this to push their agenda. I find it all very disturbing and the reaction this side of the pond has been equally juvenile.
                          Fairly spot on assessment, and well said.

                          Trump is the outsider maverick whom didn't go to the right schools and is not of the creeping elitist class in our nation which thinks it has the entitlement for political direction in this nation. The self proclaimed political pros don't want to play with the "amatuer". The election results suggest that the Voters are tired of serving the "self proclaimed professional politicians".

                          The media~press here is used to the public swallowing the MSM "impression/interpretation" of events and news rather than the public wanting to get the actual facts~events~details. In the case of the recent disturbance, we have what Trump literally said, and then we have what the media-press wants us to think he said, because they say he said it, nevermind he didn't say it as they PRESENT it. "Fake News" ~

                          ~ ... but then many of us know that the "News"~MSM/Press has been 'faking it' for decades;

                          "If it bleeds, it leads."(And brings in the advert $$$)
                          (So what if we have to add some blood to make it more colorful.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We will know the answer to your question after the 2018 midterm election.
                            "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Fairly spot on assessment, and well said.

                              Trump is the outsider maverick whom didn't go to the right schools and is not of the creeping elitist class in our nation which thinks it has the entitlement for political direction in this nation. The self proclaimed political pros don't want to play with the "amatuer". The election results suggest that the Voters are tired of serving the "self proclaimed professional politicians".

                              The media~press here is used to the public swallowing the MSM "impression/interpretation" of events and news rather than the public wanting to get the actual facts~events~details. In the case of the recent disturbance, we have what Trump literally said, and then we have what the media-press wants us to think he said, because they say he said it, nevermind he didn't say it as they PRESENT it. "Fake News" ~

                              ~ ... but then many of us know that the "News"~MSM/Press has been 'faking it' for decades;

                              "If it bleeds, it leads."(And brings in the advert $$$)
                              (So what if we have to add some blood to make it more colorful.)
                              Agreed. The MSM's behaviour is frankly Orwellian. I have found it frankly very disturbing and I worry the antifa crowd and their like will only become more emboldened with the first amendment in their sights. Again im not here to defend trump but the lying and the group think is frightening. Including my PM yesterday. The post reason age is upon us.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X