It Was Not About Monuments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Was Not About Monuments...

Friday's and Saturday's racial riot and 'demonstrations' in Charlottesville was not about the removal of Lee's monument in the city.

What it was about was racial prejudice and white supremacy-the use of the statue as a reason was merely an excuse.

And it was prompted by Trump's continued racist tendencies, confirmed by the press conference yesterday in New York City.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Friday's and Saturday's racial riot and 'demonstrations' in Charlottesville was not about the removal of Lee's monument in the city.

What it was about was racial prejudice and white supremacy-the use of the statue as a reason was merely an excuse.

And it was prompted by Trump's continued racist tendencies, confirmed by the press conference yesterday in New York City.
    Why did I know that Trump would be at fault here.

Comment

the other races do the same
      they are just as prejudiced, hate-filled, etc

Comment

So the previous administration whose leader held a "Beer Summit" before actually getting the facts was somehow better? Maybe the fact that he fanned the flames during Ferguson or Baltimore gets a pass too?

The statues are under fire and have been since that kid shot and killed the worshipers in SC. There was a photo of him holding a Confederate battle flag, and the next thing you know, the flag was under attack. Now it is statues, and monuments. What's next? Do we tear down the Washington monument because he owned slaves? How about we burn Mount Vernon to the ground because it was undoubtedly built using slave labor? Yes let's blow up Mount Rushmore, because well you know there are slave owners there too.

This has nothing to do with flags, statues and monuments, but everything to do with the left still throwing a tantrum because Trump won, and since they got a free pass for the past eight years, why not keep going? The city of Charlottesville is run by one of Obama's flunkies, along with a racist vice mayor, and Virginia is run by one of Clintons towel boys from way back. They knew damn good and well what would happen should the two groups get together in close proximity, and the governor even had the National Guard on stand by, but chose not to put them between the two groups, and that is what led to the events in Charlottesville.

Now you can whine, cry, bitch, moan, and groan all you want about Trump because in your eyes he has already failed, but I can tell you this much...no matter what he said on Sat or yesterday would have made no difference to those who can only see wrong with the man. At least he waited until some actual facts came out before commenting, unlike Mr. "That could have been my son."
        Last edited by drivin-fool; 17 Aug 17, 16:06.
        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Looks and sounds like black supremacy to the majority of Americans.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Looks and sounds like black supremacy to the majority of Americans.
            So now you're the spokesman for the majority of Americans?

Give us a break.
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
              So the precious administration whose leader held a "Beer Summit" before actually getting the facts was somehow better? Maybe the fact that he fanned the flames during Ferguson or Baltimore gets a pass too?

The statues are under fire and have been since that kid shot and killed the worshipers in SC. There was a photo of him holding a Confederate battle flag, and the next thing you know, the flag was under attack. Now it is statues, and monuments. What's next? Do we tear down the Washington monument because he owned slaves? How about we burn Mount Vernon to the ground because it was undoubtedly built using slave labor? Yes let's blow up Mount Rushmore, because well you know there are slave owners there too.

This has nothing to do with flags, statues and monuments, but everything to do with the left still throwing a tantrum because Trump won, and since they got a free pass for the past eight years, why not keep going? The city of Charlottesville is run by one of Obama's flunkies, along with a racist vice mayor, and Virginia is run by one of Clintons towel boys from way back. They knew damn good and well what would happen should the two groups get together in close proximity, and the governor even had the National Guard on stand by, but chose not to put them between the two groups, and that is what led to the events in Charlottesville.

Now you can whine, cry, bitch, moan, and groan all you want about Trump because in your eyes he has already failed, but I can tell you this much...no matter what he said on Sat or yesterday would have made no difference to those who can only see wrong with the man. At least he waited until some actual facts came out before commenting, unlike Mr. "That could have been my son."
              I see you've been taking lessons from TAG. Cannot address an issue that involves Trump without reference to Obama.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                I see you've been taking lessons from TAG. Cannot address an issue that involves Trump without reference to Obama.
                I just don't care for double standards. Same thing applies to the statues. If you want to remove Robert E. Lee, then the statue of the rapist William J. Clinton has to go, as does the adulterer, and anti gay Martin Luther King.

Comment

^ So if I put you in charge of the statues . . . . . there won't be too many left, eh. "Statue of Liberty is out: French b*tch won't wear a bra!"
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    ^ So if I put you in charge of the statues . . . . . there won't be too many left, eh. "Statue of Liberty is out: French b*tch won't wear a bra!"
                    You know, I have never been to see the Statue of Liberty, but I have been to France a couple times, and if the SOL smells anything like some of the women I ran across, well then pack her up and ship her back

Comment

Ignorance is one of the problems with the current situation with the alt-right. Perhaps you shouldn't try and emulate them?

Comment

This is interesting regarding General Lee's comments on monuments:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/her...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          This is interesting regarding General Lee's comments on monuments:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/her...cid=spartandhp
                          With hind sight he was correct.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I just don't care for double standards. Same thing applies to the statues. If you want to remove Robert E. Lee, then the statue of the rapist William J. Clinton has to go, as does the adulterer, and anti gay Martin Luther King.
                            You you base it on those that have committed adultery them most of the Statues ever erected well have to come down. Were does WJC have a statue?
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You know, I have never been to see the Statue of Liberty, but I have been to France a couple times, and if the SOL smells anything like some of the women I ran across, well then pack her up and ship her back
                              Ha ha ha ha ! So good!
                              Next time , ask to the prostitute how many customers she had before you
                              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X