Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were many "counter-protesters" crowd hires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoPref View Post
    Looks like you cherry picked your full historical perspective, omitting the Republican Party's successful effort, starting with Nixon, to recruit all the racists out of the Democratic Party.
    There remains no shortage of racists in the Democratic party. They are no longer the majority in the KKK, which I acknowledged above.

BTW, other than the failure Obama, seems there have been more Black POTUS potential candidates in the GOP than in the Democratic Party, so sort of shoots your inaccurate bias.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      Bryd served in Senate/Congree up till 2010, about seven years ago, so this is current...
      So, when will they tear his name off all those buildings named for him?

Hell, with AntiFa the way it is, maybe the whole thing will be burnt down one night soon...
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

There remains no shortage of racists in the Democratic party. They are no longer the majority in the KKK, which I acknowledged above.
        The Republican Party actively lured racists to switch parties and now they own them.

BTW, other than the failure Obama,
        Oh? Twice elected President.

seems there have been more Black POTUS potential candidates in the GOP than in the Democratic Party, so sort of shoots your inaccurate bias.
        When you turn the TV cameras around at all those Republican Party party meetings and at the convention and see the vast sea of white faces, it renders the Republican's black candidates statistically meaningless.

Comment

BTW, other than the failure Obama, seems there have been more Black POTUS potential candidates in the GOP than in the Democratic Party, so sort of shoots your inaccurate bias.
          Even a foreigner like me who has a basic knowledge of the US history knows that the racist democrats became republicans when the Democratic Party started supporting the different Civil Rights Acts in the 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

In American politics, the southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the Civil Rights Movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South to the Republican Party that had traditionally supported the Democratic Party.[4] It also helped push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]
          (bold mine)

Scholars generally emphasize the role of racial backlash in the realignment of southern voters. The viewpoint that the electoral realignment of the Republican party due to a race-driven Southern Strategy is also known as the "top-down" viewpoint.[5][7] Most scholarship and analysts support this top-down viewpoint and claim that the political shift was due primarily to racial issues.[7][86][87] The Southern Strategy is generally believed to be the primary force that transformed the "Democratic South into a reliable GOP stronghold in presidential elections".[6]
          (bold mine)
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Bryd served in Senate/Congree up till 2010, about seven years ago, so this is current. It's called full historical perspective versus cherry-picked historical distortions, which may be your forte'.

I will agree that in the last few decades demographics of KKK membership seem to have shifted to be mainly extreme "Right". But for over a century is was an expression of Southern Democrats wanting to oppose the party of Lincoln that freed the slaves.
            actually you are not allowing him to repent his sins which he did. He actually completely changed his ways from his early life.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X