Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama’s response to Charlottesville violence is most liked tweet in Twitter’s history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    The willingness to say stupid sh* is certainly not a sign of more intellect over someone who chooses his words more carefully.
    Maybe, but that still doesn't argue for Obama being highly intelligent. There's really nothing in his whole lifetime that points to a great intellect. Rather, there are numerous things that point to his being rather lazy and incompetent.

Sure, the guy knows how to win popularity contests (eg., elections). And when I say lazy, I don't mean so much unenergetic as I do sloppy, shallow, and vague. There's no depth to anything he does. He does just enough to get by. That sort of lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonewall_Jack
      the 1950 Un report which was conducted by well respected scholars, the argument that race is a social construct comes from well respected folks.
      There's no scientific foundation for race being a social construct anymore there's a scientific foundation for your sex being a social construct either. Both are biological constructs, we know this. The social construct here is culture, and in many ways culture is also synonymous with evolution, because culture, on its behavior level, is primarily biological. As I've stated elsewhere, different races and even ethnicities within them will build different cultures.

I just disagee with the concept of race and their is nothing wrong or offensive about that
      You are free to disagree that said I do take offense when you, or anyone else, try to deny me my uniqueness which includes my specific race, my specific ethnicity within it, and my specific culture, and my specific personality. You're basically telling me and billions of others that we do not exist, that we are not biological constructs, created in gods image, just social constructs there to be molded as the social ideas of the times would dictate. If anything that is an anti-human sentiment. It is anti-creation too. It is anti-creator.

This is no better than advocating for genocide based on one race being superior to another. In many ways it's actually worse, why? Because everyone is included in this one and on a global scale and everyone is viewed as the same no one's different, so therefore there's no need to either try to maintain those differences, let alone acknowledge them, or celebrate them, or cherish them etc. In short, the message here is that these things have no value and neither do you. Well I take offense at that, not just that. I view the mindset behind these ideas to be a disease. Some bizzare infection.

it is Marxist communism on a global scale. Yeah, that's what it is. Of course sold as tolerance and respect and love and hand holding and humanity coming together. Humanity as a whole could come together any time it wanted, yet maintain all its beautiful differences no problem. What is going on today with globalism is all about dominion and control. It has NOTHING to do with "oness". Guess what, open border policies and mass immigration are a part of this. It's there to break all these things down, to destroy them, therfore, I cannot align myself with it.

So we will have to disagree on this one and move on.

I was itt making comments of unity talking about the fact that the Roman Empire was diverse
      Ah the Roman Empire, an Empire that was all about genocidal policies, about wars of agression, about subjegation, about exploitation and built around slavery. But yeah, it was diverse I'll give you that.
      Last edited by walle; 17 Aug 17, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Maybe, but that still doesn't argue for Obama being highly intelligent. There's really nothing in his whole lifetime that points to a great intellect. Rather, there are numerous things that point to his being rather lazy and incompetent.

Sure, the guy knows how to win popularity contests (eg., elections). And when I say lazy, I don't mean so much unenergetic as I do sloppy, shallow, and vague. There's no depth to anything he does. He does just enough to get by. That sort of lazy.
        There's a difference between being highly intelligent and being more intelligent than Trump. Trump is clearly the lesser intellect of the two, but how smart Obama is overall is a different debate.

Though, if someone can lazily (as you claim) get into Harvard with minimal effort it would suggest that he must be pretty smart. The average person could bust their ass and never get close to meeting Harvard requirements.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          Though, if someone can lazily (as you claim) get into Harvard with minimal effort it would suggest that he must be pretty smart. The average person could bust their ass and never get close to meeting Harvard requirements.
          Dude, I've known graduates of Harvard and Yale -- MBAs, LLMs, one a master of public nursing -- who honest to God can't tie their shoes without remedial instruction. They're all smart enough, in a narrow academic sense, but they forget to do stuff like pay their rent and wind up evicted. Sorry, but I can't make this up. Think of it this way: when you lose $5,000 to the three-card monte guy in Times Square 'cause you're absolutely convinced that you'll outsmart him, then your fancy sheepskin don't mean squat: you're a bona fide moron.

Now whether Barack Obama falls into that category I can't say. I'm guessing that he doesn't -- but be under no illusion that plenty of Ivy League types do qualify as Grade-A mind-numbing schmucks.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            Dude, I've known graduates of Harvard and Yale -- MBAs, LLMs, one a master of public nursing -- who honest to God can't tie their shoes without remedial instruction. They're all smart enough, in a narrow academic sense, but they forget to do stuff like pay their rent and wind up evicted. Sorry, but I can't make this up. Think of it this way: when you lose $5,000 to the three-card monte guy in Times Square 'cause you're absolutely convinced that you'll outsmart him, then your fancy sheepskin don't mean squat: you're a bona fide moron.

Now whether Barack Obama falls into that category I can't say. I'm guessing that he doesn't -- but be under no illusion that plenty of Ivy League types do qualify as Grade-A mind-numbing schmucks.
            I've found that when people are educated to a high level in a demanding field (doctors, etc.), they have to spend so much time keeping up with their profession that they do it to the exclusion of everyday life.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Dude, I've known graduates of Harvard and Yale -- MBAs, LLMs, one a master of public nursing -- who honest to God can't tie their shoes without remedial instruction. They're all smart enough, in a narrow academic sense
              Education is only directed to one half of the brain, we've all been indoctrinated into a world where memorization and regurgitation is considered learning. It's also what society tends to reward.

Reminds me a bit of articifial intelligence, people aren't extracting meaning from live and from what's going on around them, they basically just work with data that's given to them.

I'm not judging them, heck I've been through some of the mill myself and am currently on the road to recovery, little by little.
              Last edited by walle; 17 Aug 17, 14:55.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X