Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama’s response to Charlottesville violence is most liked tweet in Twitter’s history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama’s response to Charlottesville violence is most liked tweet in Twitter’s history

President Obama showcases how a POTUS should act in response to events like what we saw at UVA,

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion … People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love … For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite,” Obama said, quoting former South African president Nelson Mandela in tweets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tters-history/
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

So, the most liked tweet comes from a twit that can't even come up with something original to say...

How sad.

That said Mandela's quote is a good one. Too bad it was being repeated by a mediocre intellect...

Comment

As if this guy is more intellectual
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I think he got ya there TA

Trump is making Obama look like Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
          I think he got ya there TA

Trump is making Obama look like Einstein
          No, Obama is, was, a mediocre intellect of no particular merit. Trump is a loud mouthed jerk. Two entirely different creatures.

Obama couldn't string a paragraph of his thoughts together without out a teleprompter telling him what to say. Trump ignores the teleprompter and tells you what's really on his mind, usually to most people's disgust... But, at least Trump has a mind to pull his blather out of unlike Obama.

Short version: Obama's an idiot. Trump is an grade AAA large @$$hole.

Comment

Obama may not have been a great President but was, and is, a very smart man.
            Same can be said for Bill Clinton and Bush the first (Bush two was no fool and by all accounts an extremely nice person).
            Trump; he's an idiot and a grade AAA large @$$hole.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
              Smart, as far as it goes, but no genius, definitely no kind of outside the box thinker.

Same can be said for Bill Clinton
              I know that a lot of people said that about Bill Clinton, but I'll be damned if I ever saw it. No doubt Bubba always thought himself to be the smartest guy in the room, but his record rather belied that conceit. I mean, what between Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas, Tailhook, having VP Gore rewrite sexual harassment into the Federal employee handbook, and an ongoing grand jury investigation of the Paula Jones accusations, Pres Fat A$$ just had to go and pork an intern. If Clinton was so smart -- a claim that I in no way support -- then his intelligence was far too easily overwhelmed by his libido and his arrogance.

And indeed, given the record of his eight years in the White House, I'd say that Clinton's utter lack of moral conviction did more to undermine any sense of accomplishment than all of the rabid right-wing types could have dreamed of. Come to think of it, I'd much rather another eight years of Obama than eight more minutes of another Clinton. Like Jerry Seinfeld's show, the Clintons' presidency was about nothing. Unlike a sitcom, however, when a presidential administration has no moral center, it's not very funny. History has proven the Clinton presidency to be an unmitigated flop.

and Bush the first
              Smart enough, I suppose. I'd say cagey: Geo HW Bush definitely knew how to play the game at a high level.

Bush two was no fool and by all accounts an extremely nice person
              But he did the one thing that no national executive can afford to do: he lost an elective war. Actually, that's politics' two cardinal sins rolled up into one.

He sure comes across that way, doesn't he . . . .

The question that begs asking is, what kind of voter votes for a presidential candidate whose persona comes straight out of WWF? Do you really want yourself and your country represented on the world stage by the likes of Capt Lou Albano or Superfly Jimmy Snuka?
              Last edited by slick_miester; 16 Aug 17, 14:58.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

The smartest person often doesn't make the smartest leader. They can't be a fool but don't have to be a genius.
                Ronnie was no genius but he surrounded himself with smart people, could delegate, could listen and could make a decision.
                "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

The smartest person often doesn't make the smartest leader. They can't be a fool but don't have to be a genius.
                  FDR and Ike had a different kind of smart: they had a knack for finding the best candidate for a particular job, recruiting him, massaging him, motivating him, and then they let him loose. Their people management abilities were off the hook.

FDR was let down not only by his unshakable belief in his own genius, but also by his political biases. What he did to George Earle for the "crime" of speaking plainly of the Soviets' guilt in Katyn was frankly unconscionable.

Ronnie was no genius but he surrounded himself with smart people, could delegate, could listen and could make a decision.
                  Reagan might not have been the smartest kid in the class, but his political instincts were unmatched. Reagan was to politics what Roy Hobbs was to baseball: The Natural. He just knew -- innately, on a gut level, what had to be done politically, and what had to be avoided. He knew without explanation. It may not have been genius, but it might have been better. It was almost automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    But he did the one thing that no national executive can afford to do: he lost an elective war. Actually, that's politics' two cardinal sins rolled up into one.
                    He didn't lose Iraq, that lies at Obama's feet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIHCczsbJo
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      He didn't lose Iraq, that lies at Obama's feet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIHCczsbJo
                      Had a yawner going but must have clicked the wrong key and lost it.

In short, the best that Bush could do was extend the SofA until 31 Dec 2011. Had Geo W Bush won a third term Malaki's gov't would not have extended the SofA. Indeed, when a new proposed SofA came before the Iraqi parliament, most of them trucked out to Mecca for the hajj rather than risk committing themselves publicly on the SofA one way or the other. Obama simply could not have gotten a new SofA, no matter what he offered Maliki: the overwhelming majority of the Iraqi people were dead set against extending the SofA. Had a Republican, like John McCain, won in '08, he could not have gotten a new SofA. Jesus Christ Himself could not have gotten a new SofA. And without that new SofA, keeping US forces in Iraq would have been a complete and utter non-starter -- period. There would not have been a single Republican, a single Democrat, a single Iraqi, who would have supported extending the US military mission in Iraq without a new SofA.

On the flip side, had Maliki asked for US forces to return to Iraq -- as he did in 2014 -- then even a peacenik like George McGovern would have been obliged to send US forces into Iraq -- just has Obama did at that time.

The argument that "Obama lost Iraq" is not only simple-minded bitterness, it's also unsupported by the facts -- which that youtube cartoon comes across as shockingly light on.

Like I said, Obama's no outside the box thinker. He's pretty much a down-the-middle kind of guy. As far as recent presidents go, Obama might be the most predictable in my memory. He knows up front which obligations can be dodged and which can't. Iraq is an obligation that can never be dodged, no matter how much the American people may wish it. Fmr SecState Powell put it best: "Pottery Barn rules -- you break it, you buy it." Geo W Bush ordered the friggin' thing broken. Now we own it. Case closed.

And that's why the GOP's only chance for winning the White House was a basket case like Trump: as long as the GOP refuses to cop to the fact that it was one of their own who botched Iraq, the American people will vote for anything else. When even a pathological blabbermouth like Donald Trump looks more credible than your gerden-variety Republican, then you've got to know that the GOP is in real trouble.

The GOP is in real trouble.

Comment

obama was a racist
                        he attended Rev Wright's anti-white preaching for years

blacks commit more hate crimes than whites, per capita
                        he didn't condemn this...he must be a white hater sympathizer

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                          blacks commit more hate crimes than whites, per capita
                          Can you furnish a source for that claim? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Where's the proof of that? He was a mediocre lecturer for the time he was at the University of Chicago. How many articles did he write for the Harvard Law Review he was President of? Kind of odd that the guy put in charge of the magazine wouldn't have even written an op ed piece at least once for it...
                            As a member of the Illinois Senate he did nothing of note.
                            As a member of the US Senate he did nothing of note.
                            As a lawyer, he did nothing of note.
                            As a Community Organizer he did nothing of note.

We don't know how he did in college since he refuses to release his transcripts.

On the whole, there is nothing in the entirety of Barack Obama's life anyone can point to to say he's highly intelligent or has a great intellect. If anything, his pattern of behavior over his lifetime says he slid on everything and was a world class con man.

Same can be said for Bill Clinton and Bush the first (Bush two was no fool and by all accounts an extremely nice person).
                            I can agree with that. Clinton was however one of the most vile persons in terms of his personal life you could ever run into...

Idiots don't become billionaires. Yes, he's a grade AAA large @$$hole many top businessmen are. But, he isn't an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              . . . . As a lawyer, he did nothing of note. . . . .
                              He did allow his law license to expire. Obama was not disbarred, like Bill Clinton, he just failed to renew his license. On its face that seems a very strange choice. It's made stranger by the fact Obama made "of counsel" at Chicago's Miner Barnhill law firm after his license expired. Without a license Obama could not have litigated, so of what value could he have been to his clients or his employers?

Miner Barnhill's website mentions among their specialties commercial and residential real estate development. One thing about big city real estate development, it's as rigged a market as there exists in these United States. Just looking at Donald Trump's career confirms the fact that big city real estate development is one of those jobs found only at the dirty end of the field -- and as nasty as it is in New York, I shudder to think what it's like in Chicago. Here in New York you can't so much as put up a hot dog stand without greasing nine kinds of palm. Needless to say, the first thing an aspiring real estate developer needs is a professional mouthpiece, also known as a lobbyist. Most lobbyists are attorneys, but there's no law that says that they have to be active members of the bar. They need only register themselves with the appropriate authority as paid lobbyists. I've long suspected that Obama made his bread and butter not practicing law, but lobbying for Chicago real estate interests. At one time lib-prog superhero Barack Obama was shilling in the halls of power for the likes of neanderthal Donald Trump. An irony like that is too rich to ignore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X