Monuments and Statues Thread - Defacement, Protection, Removal and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    Minchia Marc minchia; a classic Sicilian cuss word that I will not translate here to avoid being banned.
    Haven't been to Sicilia in three decades. I can sure use the refresher.

Actually a buddy of mine just came back from Bari. I'll hit him up -- even if he did got to Grover Cleveland.

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    Actually I am not being reasonable, I am falling back on my history degree. Lee is another example of identification with one's own state. When he turned down command of the Union Army he specifically stated that his loyalty to Virginia over-rode his loyalty to the Union. I am not excusing anyone or anything but I am pointing out that people in 19th Century America were different. Heck, when I first came to the USA Americans did not really drink wine. These days American vintners will gleefully assert, wrongly I will add, that they make the best wines in the world. I am sure that you get my point.
    Remember the Brooklyn-Queens wars of the 1970s and '80s, when we'd regularly kick your asses? :ar-15:

Not fer nuttin', but where I grew up in Bushwick, if I'd walk half-a-block north I'd be in Queens: cross Cypress Ave, and leave behind the Eight-Three for Ridgewood's One-oh-Four. Those weren't just neighborhoods: those were sovereign states, to be defended at all costs. And of course it went without saying that the denizens of Ridgewood were totally lacking in the . . . . manly attributes. So absolutely, loyalty was drawn a whole lot differently, alien to contemporary notions.

And Astoria? fogetaboutit! Nuttin' but mama luke's up there. Most of 'em probably ended up becoming Squids.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Proscribed personal comments directed at fellow members will not be tolerated.

There shall be no further notice, nor amnesty.

You all have been warned.

JBark, take some time off to reflect on your manners.

BW

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Just sell the whole place to a real estate developer... That'll solve things.
        You can bet they are lining up, with fat sacks of cash behind their backs.
        This hasn't even gotten started yet.

Comment

• Not to mention NPS money has been directed away from places like Gettysburg to support other "non-worthy" projects. Go figure.

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          You can bet they are lining up, with fat sacks of cash behind their backs.
          This hasn't even gotten started yet.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Christopher Columbus monument vandalized in Baltimore

These people clearly state their goal is to erase white people, and all trace of them.

monument in Baltimore to Christopher Columbus — believed to be the first one erected to the Italian explorer in America — was vandalized.

Baltimore Police said they were looking into the incident, but couldn’t say when the damage took place.

A video posted to YouTube on Monday by a user named “Popular Resistance” shows a man striking the base of the monument near Herring Run Park repeatedly with a sledgehammer. Another person holds a sign that reads: “Racism, tear it down.” Another sign is taped to the monument reading: “The future is racial and economic justice.”

Police are searching for information about the men in the video, as well as whoever filmed it.
            The celebration of Columbus’ exploits in the Americas has long been criticized by those who feel the Italian explorer’s misdeeds are too often glossed over. Many associate Columbus, who is often falsely credited with “discovering” what is now the United States, with enslaving, brutalizing and killing the native people he encountered in his travels.
            http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...821-story.html
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• The PC Wars begin

“Christopher Columbus symbolizes the initial invasion of European capitalism into the Western Hemisphere,” the video’s narrator says. “Columbus initiated a centuries-old wave of terrorism, murder, genocide, rape, slavery, ecological degradation and capitalist exploitation of labor in the Americas. That Columbian wave of destruction continues on the backs of Indigenous, African-American and brown people.

“Racist monuments to slave owners and murderers have always bothered me. Baltimore’s poverty is concentrated in African-American households, and these statues are just an extra slap in the face. ... What kind of a culture goes to such lengths to build such hate-filled monuments? What kind of a culture clings to those monuments in 2017? Part of our evolution as humans requires tearing down monuments to destructive forces and tearing down systems that maintain them.”
              https://mic.com/articles/183982/olde...ore#.G2WnCTdXw
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Baltimore needs to be destroyed anyway, what a **** hole of a city.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  These people clearly state their goal is to erase white people, and all trace of them.
                  Like they had to say it?

Remember all the optimism at the end of the Cold War?
                  Top song was "Watching the world wake up from History."

It all sounded so good, so positive at the time...

Comment

• The left is the American Taliban
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

• The left is ISIS.

You ain't seen nothing yet .

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                        The left is the American Taliban
                        Religious fanatics is more a characteristic of conservatives.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Religious fanatics is more a characteristic of conservatives.
                          Then explain Radical Islam. Unless, you can show examples of Conservatives calling for, and putting into effect, the mass extermination of everyone that doesn't submit to their cause.
                          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                            Then explain Radical Islam. Unless, you can show examples of Conservatives calling for, and putting into effect, the mass extermination of everyone that doesn't submit to their cause.
                            Wow, that your really had to reach way up there for that one!
                            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                              We have had a few conservatives on here suggesting turning the Middle East into glass...

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...821-story.html
                                That's funny! As an Italian I was told that in fact I am not white. Interestingly, Columbus is not held in nearly such high esteem in Italy; no such thing as Columbus Day in the old country UH. Still, this blaming Columbus for far all the awful things that occurred when Spain conquered Latin America and all the horrible things that occurred in North America is going way overboard. Columbus behaved in manner that was consistent with the social mores of his age, and I am not saying that as an excuse as much as I am stating a fact. So, I have agree with you, this is a case of political correctness running amok.
                                Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                                Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X