Monuments and Statues Thread - Defacement, Protection, Removal and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
    Roman Empire> CSA...surely folks like American87 can agree that the Romans which btw if anyone here has European ancestry, Arab or African ancestry be proud, proud to descend from the Romans.

In the Third Century the Romans had Arabs, Africans and European fighting for a common causes...the Csa never had this not in the sense that the Romans did,

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/...la-kara-kalla/
    10 Muslims fought for the South .

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post
      Robert E. Lee also urged that slaves should be freed and armed. And if I'm not mistaken, the CSA armes some black units but the war ended before they could serve.
      And in response as to Lee's proposal one CSA general wrote directly to Pres Jeff Davis that if the Negroes are to be armed then our entire system of slavery has to be called into question.

Jefferson Davis and The Lost Cause and Douglas Southall Freeman: they practiced revisionist history before the term was even coined, and in so doing laid the foundation for Jim Crow and the Klan. That's as "ground truth" as it gets.
      In 1860 slaves were the US' most valuable class of asset, worth more than all the real estate, securities, industrial plant, and railroads and rolling stock -- combined. That was the planters' motive to secede. What that had to do with Joe Schmo in the trenches I have no idea.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Even the Jocks in the SNP don't go singing the praises of the Bonnie Prince.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          Baby Jesus the latest victim of the purge....

http://www.marinij.com/social-affair...tholic-statues
          Only a matter or time, and very soon it will be churches, mosques and synagogues, all of which are monuments to religions that offend somebody, somewhere.

Then, we will be asked to repaint and remodel the White House itself because when you really look at it, it looks like a Southern plantation. Maybe make it look more like a Chicago ghetto apartment block.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• George Orwell would have been so proud of us, as would Stalin and Hitler. There was a documentary on Tv just this morning by an "authority"
            who declares that the problems in Chicago are a result of a history of systematic white racism and oppression, despite the history of black mayors...of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              The Romans did???? I guess you have never been to Europe. They left buildings and roads all over the countryside and founded major city's of today.

an example

Foundation is from 2nd century AD

These are all from just one city in Germany.

Bath England got it's name from the Roman Baths and, and, and
              You again take things out of context, he didn't say the Roman's tore down all things Roman.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                'Wants to' and actually doing something are two different things.

I'd be more concerned about what DeBlasio is 'wanting' to do in New York City.
                No kidding, and now the Libs in San Francisco want to remove all reference to Father Serra
                Why not Stanford, a well-known racist?
                FDR?
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  So what is to be done about it? If Google engages in citizen journalist censorship as they are threatening to do that takes away one alternative.
                  Do away with Google, for starters. They are a business, and very vulnerable to public opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    No kidding, and now the Libs in San Francisco want to remove all reference to Father Serra
                    Why not Stanford, a well-known racist?
                    FDR?
                    Father Serra was Spanish and therefore part of the slavery/exploitation of the New World. Spanish Cathedrals were made using local slave labor and filled with converts at the point of the Spanish sword.

Bet the Hispanics won't like that, but history is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Do away with Google, for starters. They are a business, and very vulnerable to public opinion.
                      Seems like the public opinion isn't the same as yours.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Seems like the public opinion isn't the same as yours.
                        Never said it was, HPJ. What I specifically said was that the way to fight against Google domination/censorship was to arouse public opinion against it, since it is a private company and therefore vulnerable to things like that which affect its stock market position. I never use Google, myself, nor any of its spin-offs because I get far better service from other entities in the same category. I quite using Google when they joined China in censoring an entire nation.

Ne Illegitimae, Non Carborundum, HP.

Comment

Never said it was, HPJ. What I specifically said was that the way to fight against Google domination/censorship was to arouse public opinion against it, since it is a private company and therefore vulnerable to things like that which affect its stock market position. I never use Google, myself, nor any of its spin-offs because I get far better service form other entities in the same category, such as Bing.

Bing and Firefox isn't much better but that like yours is a personal opinion.

Comment

Never said it was, HPJ. What I specifically said was that the way to fight against Google domination/censorship was to arouse public opinion against it, since it is a private company and therefore vulnerable to things like that which affect its stock market position. I never use Google, myself, nor any of its spin-offs because I get far better service form other entities in the same category, such as Bing.

Bing and Firefox isn't much better but is a personal opinion.

Bill Gates thanks you for being a faithful supporter of one of his MS products, Bing. Didn't know that did ya.

Comment

Bing and Firefox isn't much better but is a personal opinion.

Bill Gates thanks you for being a faithful supporter of one of his MS products, Bing. Didn't know that did ya.
                              What is not known is how much stock Gates has in Google...Perhaps you can enlighten us...?

Comment

• I use Bing because I earn points which I turn over for Amazon gift cards. Using one giant to shop at another.
                                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X