Monuments and Statues Thread - Defacement, Protection, Removal and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Funny, broaden your knowledge a little it might help you understand better. It's coming.... and NOTHING is sacred.

That's the Quantico monument and I seriously doubt it is going anywhere.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
      Kevin if your addressing me know that I come from a military family although I did not serve many in my family did. I admire LE and the US military, Im not a bleeding heart liberal as they say. I provided my argument it is what it is...I would not be offended by taking down all CSA statues including the ones in Gettysburg and replacing them with statues of Lincoln or statues to the black or white men/women of the middle ages who we all can admire.
      Removing any monuments from a Battlefield Park would ruin the parks. I would be greatly offended if anything were done to ruin those parks, many of which I have visited.

No other monuments belong there, especially some from the middle ages, since the US didn't exist then.
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

My caps lock wont come off so bear with me,

I am for the civil war reenactment battles. That said there is a huge issue at play here....those who are for the CSA monuments should consider that like Jewish folks do with the Third reich, that in their own words some blacks are saying that the Csa were a part of the holocaust against black folks...such a view is not mine but it most be considered. Some black folk are rightfully pointing out a hypocrisy wrt how Jews and third reich Monuments are viewed compared to CSA monuments and blacks. This is not me saying the CSA and Reich were the same but rather just submitting the facts of How folks feel about the issue. I for one honor blacks and whites who might say lets tear down the csa statues in favor of Lincoln Statues or statues of Roman Emperors.
        Therein lies the problem. Hitler murdered the Jews for no good reason. Many Jews in fact wanted Auschwitz to remain as a memorial to those killed by the Germans, and to be a reminder of the atrocities that occurred there.

I wouldn't expect someone from NY to understand how we feel about the Confederacy down here in VA, but rest assured that we are not celebrating slavery or the history behind slavery, but we did and still believe in our southern heritage, and honorable men like Robert E. Lee who stood up to northern aggression, because of his love of Virginia. Why else would he not take the position offered him to command the Union forces? It really isn't that hard to understand, and quite honestly I wish you northerners and leftist would kindly leave us alone. While you may be in favor of the statues being removed, you need to understand that you are doing so against the will of a ton of people down here, and we had a little skirmish back in the 1860's over just that sort of thinking.

By the way I am offended by your use of a Confederate generals nickname, and I demand you change it....funny how that works eh...
        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

I have also been to Gettysburg and I would not be offended by replacing all csa monuments with monuments of black or white folks of the middle ages who stood for greatness and unity.
          I'm sorry, but this is totally silly. Screw pc b.s., any monuments on a battlefield should be to the people who fought and sacrificed there.
          "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

• No ****, the point is they are all under attack. The guy still doesn't get it and will blame the Russians next.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            That's the Quantico monument and I seriously doubt it is going anywhere.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
              I think that's what they want, not that there's anything wrong with that,
              It seems that is the current goal of many of these alt Left terrorist groups, they will continue to destroy monuments and burn our flag not because they want to protest, but because they want to destroy our nation.
              Clearly stated in the video you shared, they want to rid the world of whites,
              And destroy all evidence we ever existed.

Comment

It seems that is the current goal of many of these alt Left terrorist groups, they will continue to destroy monuments and burn our flag not because they want to protest, but because they want to destroy our nation.
                Forum Rules

RACISM, REVISIONISM & GENOCIDE/MASS MURDER
                Racist Remarks, Racial Slurs, Nazi Revisionism, purposeful Revisionist History contrary to known or certain facts, or any commentary calling for the indiscriminate mass murder or genocide of any group based on race, religion, nationality, sexual preference or political beliefs will not be tolerated on the Armchair General (ACG) Forums.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  This is nuts. The mayor of New York City is showing his 'Sandinista' side.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-w...cid=spartandhp
                  "I will wait for the commission, as I said Christopher Columbus is a controversial figure to many of us particularly in the Caribbean
                  @@#%%^^^$&&**** SoB we are not in the Caribbean you fool. That water is the Hudson River. This is going beyond ridiculous
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                    Therein lies the problem. Hitler murdered the Jews for no good reason. Many Jews in fact wanted Auschwitz to remain as a memorial to those killed by the Germans, and to be a reminder of the atrocities that occurred there.

I wouldn't expect someone from NY to understand how we feel about the Confederacy down here in VA, but rest assured that we are not celebrating slavery or the history behind slavery, but we did and still believe in our southern heritage, and honorable men like Robert E. Lee who stood up to northern aggression, because of his love of Virginia. Why else would he not take the position offered him to command the Union forces? It really isn't that hard to understand, and quite honestly I wish you northerners and leftist would kindly leave us alone. While you may be in favor of the statues being removed, you need to understand that you are doing so against the will of a ton of people down here, and we had a little skirmish back in the 1860's over just that sort of thinking.

By the way I am offended by your use of a Confederate generals nickname, and I demand you change it....funny how that works eh...
                    Highlighted because of contradiction in the same sentence. What exactly is "southern heritage"?

"Northern aggression".

Nice one.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Northern aggression? The south opened the ball by firing on Fort Sumter.

And the officers that 'went south' were turning their backs on their own country.

That is neither honorable nor defensible. And the southern officers who remained loyal, such as Gibbon and Thomas, were ostracized by their families.

Remaining loyal was the honorable thing to do.

Comment

Ah yes, the amorphous and ill defined "they." Who the heck are you referring to? Do you have any names? Alt-left terrorist groups? Name one or two please, I am just dying to be better informed. They want to destroy our nation? Who are you referring to? BLM, Greeenpeace, the Sierra club?
                        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                          Ah yes, the amorphous and ill defined "they." Who the heck are you referring to? Do you have any names? Alt-left terrorist groups? Name one or two please, I am just dying to be better informed. They want to destroy our nation? Who are you referring to? BLM, Greeenpeace, the Sierra club?
                          He never heard of La Raza ,or he heard of La Raza and is hiding it . I can understand him .

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            This is nuts. The mayor of New York City is showing his 'Sandinista' side.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-w...cid=spartandhp
                            It's strikes me funny that, of all the Conquistadors, that Columbus should be viewed as controversial. While by no means a saint, he was, at least by Conquistador standards, fairly benign. Now Francisco Pizarro, he was a real piece of work, and as hard a screw as Spain sent to the New World. His statute might have to come down.

Di Blasio is up for reelection, so I'm guessing that he'll try to kick this Columbus stature crap to some commission, where he's hoping it will die there before the election.

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                            'Then there is such a person as Goldstein?' [Winston] said.

'Yes, there is such a person, and he is alive. Where, I do not know.' [answered O'Brian.]

'And the conspiracy -- the organization? Is it real? It is not simply an invention of the Thought Police?'

'No, it is real. The Brotherhood, we call it. You will never learn much more about the Brotherhood than that it exists and that you belong to it. I will come back to that presently.' He looked at his wrist-watch. 'It is unwise even for members of the Inner Party to turn off the telescreen for more than half an hour. You ought not to have come here together, and you will have to leave separately. You, comrade' -- he bowed his head to Julia -- 'will leave first. We have about twenty minutes at our disposal. You will understand that I must start by asking you certain questions. In general terms, what are you prepared to do?'

'Anything that we are capable of,' said Winston.

O'Brien had turned himself a little in his chair so that he was facing Winston. He almost ignored Julia, seeming to take it for granted that Winston could speak for her. For a moment the lids flitted down over his eyes. He began asking his questions in a low, expressionless voice, as though this were a routine, a sort of catechism, most of whose answers were known to him already.

'You are prepared to give your lives?'

'Yes.'

'You are prepared to commit murder?'

'Yes.'

'To commit acts of sabotage which may cause the death of hundreds of innocent people?'

'Yes.'

'To betray your country to foreign powers?'

'Yes.'

'You are prepared to cheat, to forge, to blackmail, to corrupt the minds of children, to distribute habit-forming drugs, to encourage prostitution, to disseminate venereal diseases -- to do anything which is likely to cause demoralization and weaken the power of the Party?'

'Yes.'

'If, for example, it would somehow serve our interests to throw sulphuric acid in a child's face -- are you prepared to do that?'

'Yes.'

Part Two, Chapter 8, 1984, by George Orwell, published 1949
                            Timothy Leary, Jane Fonda, Abbie Hoffman, Willian Ayres, Dan Burger, H Rap Brown: were they not doing the bidding of Mao Tse-tung and the KGB's "active measures" unit? By extension, were not all of the "counterculture's" hangers-on, from Amy Carter to Bill and Hillary Clinton all the way through to Barack Obama, carrying the same rhetorical water, disseminating the same propaganda? The protesters and terrorists who took Columbia University by force in 1968, who are now honored by Columbia University president Lee Bollinger today, despite their "amorphous" and "ill-defined" structure, did they not present a genuine threat, not only to physical life and limb, but to the health of our republic as a whole?

Dan Quayle may have been a foolish little man, but he was right about one thing: there does exist a "cultural elite," and they've come to dictate the cultural products we consume: film, television, popular music. They've spent the last half-century extolling the virtues of the '60s counterculture, but were we to have a truly honest debate about that era, we'd find that the counterculture was one of the most destructive and insidious episodes of all of American history, and we're still paying a high price, for the poison sown within our society by those who were at best puppets of our enemies, by those who, in reality, represent a Fifth Column far more dangerous than any thousands of Muslims, that's for sure.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Columbus praised the Taino people as loving and said the Taino were the greatest people in the world. Columbus has a defense, Spain has a defense where as the Third Reich and CSA dont really have a moral defense. The Anti Columbus folks in the world are like so many motivated by propaganda and disinformation meant to divide good people.
                              Spain has no defense whatsoever for the rape and enslavement of the New World. Given that historical reality, the rest of your argument falls by the wayside.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                                The war may be over, but a bunch of us are not forgetting! There are also a bunch of monuments and markers in the South that commemorate where Unionists were attacked by Confederates. Do they go as well?

Where is this monument you describe?

Pruitt
                                Can't recall. Only heard about it passing.

My point was, do we really want to refight the Civil War? Wasn't it painful enough the first time? Wasn't there enough suffering the first time? Were we happy with the results the first time? Haven't we gained enough wisdom since then to arrive at better means to address our differences than to slug it out all over again?

Or maybe not.
                                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X