Monuments and Statues Thread - Defacement, Protection, Removal and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
    Then explain Radical Islam. Unless, you can show examples of Conservatives calling for, and putting into effect, the mass extermination of everyone that doesn't submit to their cause.
    Nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition, certainly not in a thread about Columbus

When the "liberals" manage something like this I'll pay attention.

In the minds of Spaniards the land of Flanders became linked to war. The idea of a second Flanders –a place of "endless war, suffering and death"– haunted the Spanish for many years after the war ended. In the 16th and 17th centuries the concept of a second (or "another") Flanders was variously used while referring to the 1591 situation in Aragón, the Catalan Revolt and the 1673 rebellion in Messina. Jesuit father Diego de Rosales described Chile from a military point of view as "Indian Flanders" (Flandes indiano), a phrase that was later adopted by historian Gabriel Guarda.[65]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty...logical_impact
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• I'm one. In the end it will save lives.

We had to kill them all to save the world.

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      We have had a few conservatives on here suggesting turning the Middle East into glass...
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Still your Democratic Party of unrest.

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
        That's funny! As an Italian I was told that in fact I am not white. Interestingly, Columbus is not held in nearly such high esteem in Italy; no such thing as Columbus Day in the old country UH. Still, this blaming Columbus for far all the awful things that occurred when Spain conquered Latin America and all the horrible things that occurred in North America is going way overboard. Columbus behaved in manner that was consistent with the social mores of his age, and I am not saying that as an excuse as much as I am stating a fact. So, I have agree with you, this is a case of political correctness running amok.
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
          Then explain Radical Islam. Unless, you can show examples of Conservatives calling for, and putting into effect, the mass extermination of everyone that doesn't submit to their cause.
          American religious 'conservatives' (read extremists) have told those who don't agree with their brand of religion (I hesitate to call it Christianity) that they will not 'be saved.'

What do you call that? Same thing, different format.

And it should be noted that the white supremicists claim to be 'Christian' and they advocate a 'white America.' What do you think they advocate for the rest of us?
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            These people clearly state their goal is to erase white people, and all trace of them.
            What is the goal of the white supremicists, the KKK, and the Nazis?
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
              Tell us .

Comment

American religious 'conservatives' (read extremists) have told those who don't agree with their brand of religion (I hesitate to call it Christianity) that they will not 'be saved.'

What do you call that? Same thing, different format.

And it should be noted that the white supremicists claim to be 'Christian' and they advocate a 'white America.' What do you think they advocate for the rest of us?
                Just what religion does the anarchist belong to?
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Why don't you ask Louis Farrakhan?
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Religious fanatics is more a characteristic of conservatives.
                    same coin, different sides.

"Religious" fanaticism isn't unique to those who go to church.
                    You will find the same closed mindedness in any fanatic.

Generally speaking though, religious fanatics in the US on the right, don't tend to engage in violence and destruction to achieve their goals.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Worst ever desecration of a Christopher Columbus statue: 28 Jun 1971, president of the Italian-American Anti-Defamation League and Colombo family boss Joe Colombo was presiding over the second-annual Italian-American Civil Rights rally at Columbus Circle. While delivering an address to the crowd, out stepped Jerome Johnson, a small-time drug addict disguised as a newspaper photographer, armed with a sidearm, with which he proceeded to shoot Joe Colombo three times -- right there at the feet of the famed "Genovese" map-maker.

Joe Colombo never did recover from his wounds, and remained the rest of his life "vegetablized," according to Jerome Johnson's alleged "handler," Crazy Joey Gallo. Gallo himself would be assassinated not too long afterwards, at Umberto's Clam House on Mulberry Street in Little Italy. The funniest part about the whole thing was that Christopher Columbus wasn't even Italian, but Catalan: since Catalonia and King Ferdinand's Castille had been at war not too long before, Columbus thought it wise to maintain a Genovese idendity rather than a Catalonian.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                        Tell us .
                        Really? You've got to be kidding.

Those groups want a 'white' America which means getting rid of anyone 'of color', Jews, and Roman Catholics (that is one of the innate prejudices of the KKK).

Satisfied?

Comment

Just what religion does the anarchist belong to?
                          Sorry, but your question makes no sense.

Comment

Why don't you ask Louis Farrakhan?
                            I don't think that would help the situation unless you believe that 'Calypso Louie' is a font of knowledge.

Comment

• Wanna now compare crime stats between blacks and the KKK?

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Really? You've got to be kidding.

Those groups want a 'white' America which means getting rid of anyone 'of color', Jews, and Roman Catholics (that is one of the innate prejudices of the KKK).

Satisfied?
                              My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• So now you're going to stand up for the KKK?

That is monstrous. And it should be remembered that there are lies, damned lies, and then statistics.

You're also wanting to compare two 'groups' of grossly unequal numbers which is not logical nor is it valid.

How much mathematics did you say you have taken?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X