Failure to file disclosures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to file disclosures

Could be a pure political piece. But I do wonder how many people in other admins
    WASHINGTON Jared Kushner, who has spent months divesting pieces of his vast business empire to serve in the White House, was slapped with a fine by the Office of Government Ethics for late reporting of a financial transaction, according to a newly released document.

An additional 17 White House staffers, including some of President Donald Trump's top aides, filed their required personal financial disclosure statements late, according to data compiled by American Bridge 21st Century, a Democratic opposition research group, and confirmed by McClatchy.
    Reince Priebus, who served as chief of staff until recently, was four days late. Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was 23 days late. And Omarosa Manigault, director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison, received a 32-day extension but still missed her deadline by eight days.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...partandhpdmins had this issue

Hmm....sort of like not, I don't know, paying taxes for years......

Otoh, they were actually making the disclosures, if tardy. Unlike certain cabinet members who just weren't paying taxes.....
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      Hmm....sort of like not, I don't know, paying taxes for years......

Otoh, they were actually making the disclosures, if tardy. Unlike certain cabinet members who just weren't paying taxes.....
      yeah but still how hard is it to comply with this stuff.

who did not pay taxes while working in the white house.

I remember Geittner screwing up his taxes

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
        yeah but still how hard is it to comply with this stuff.

who did not pay taxes while working in the white house.

I remember Geittner screwing up his taxes
        If by 'screwing up' you mean 'not paying what you owed for years on end', then yes, you remember correctly.

No, I don't think it's hard to comply. I do think that individuals with large and complex business relationships will take longer to work up the required paperwork, but then they should plan for that too. For example, it would take Trump longer to do any financial paperwork than it would Sanders....the latter has few business relationships.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          If by 'screwing up' you mean 'not paying what you owed for years on end', then yes, you remember correctly.

No, I don't think it's hard to comply. I do think that individuals with large and complex business relationships will take longer to work up the required paperwork, but then they should plan for that too. For example, it would take Trump longer to do any financial paperwork than it would Sanders....the latter has few business relationships.
          oh I agree with the how it might be complex and take some time. On the other hand they are in a position to pay additional people to meet the time lines.

again I wonder how many others in other admins were late with their paper work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X