Trump vs. Kim: A battle of egos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    You stated that the PRC created NK. Bend, dodge, deflect all you want. That isn't fact, plain and simple.

Charmin I presume.
    Yes, and if you could read better than you type and spell you'll see I acknowledge the error I made in the first sentence. Only Liberal non-logic would bend that to invalidate the rest of my post.

Comment

China is the key here.

China does not want a conflict which could leave millions of refugees streaming across their border, so they have every incentive to calm the situation down. The smart move would be to turn away from the aggressive rhetoric and start using diplomacy with China to get them to go to work on the North Koreans.

That is assuming that Trump's goal is to make Korean Peninsula safer, rather than boost his image with the American public.

Comment

More Trump 'tough talk':

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cid=spartandhp
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Yes, and if you could read better than you type and spell you'll see I acknowledge the error I made in the first sentence. Only Liberal non-logic would bend that to invalidate the rest of my post.
          Great reply!

Now I understand how come you support Trump.

You said China and it wasn't China. I said that was wrong and you came back with smoke and mirrors and a lot of hmmm and ahh and buts.

Go golfing.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post

That is assuming that Trump's goal is to make Korean Peninsula safer,.
            Why should that be his goal ? After all,he is not the president of SK : the president of SK is a soft liberal (former human rights activist ) with few sympathies for US .

Besides, I like to see the proof that there is a danger in the peninsula .

everyone is talking of war, but,last month,NK said that US would be destroyed before august .

14 march 2017 : NK threatens to unlash a "merciless" attack on America,if joint military exercices with SK continue .

Nothing happened .

11 april 2017 : NK threatens US with nuclear strike as American warships approach .

The only strike I have seen was a Lucky Strike .

In may NK threatened that blahblah

In june blahblah

In july blahblah

In august blahblah

In september blahblah

NK has no nuclear weapons and no missiles than can transport a nuclear load .
            Last edited by ljadw; 12 Aug 17, 08:35.

Comment

Great reply!

You said China and it wasn't China. I said that was wrong and you came back with smoke and mirrors and a lot of hmmm and ahh and buts.

Go golfing.
              Illregardless, you went on to imply that North Korea didn't attack South Korea and start the "police action" of about 67 years ago, when using one my error to attempt to invalid the rest of the post.

Comment

Great reply!

Go golfing.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  Illregardless, you went on to imply that North Korea didn't attack South Korea and start the "police action" of about 67 years ago, when using one my error to attempt to invalid the rest of the post.
                  Please qutoe the line were I implied such nonsense.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    You have to wonder whatever happened to :"Speak softly and carry a big stick "
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

It is time to put the hate for Trump aside. At least for this situation. I don't care who is in the White House, this kook in NK is a threat to the Pacific Rim.
                      We have tried to appease them, ignore them, feed them starve them out, we have not been a threat to them since the ceasefire.
                      The left would have us pull out of South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Guam, and probably Hawaii.
                      That isn't realistic.
                      Every president has the responsibility to defend this nation. If NK launches a missile toward Guam, Japan, or the US there is only one option.
                      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

It isn't hate as I've attempted to explain more than once. It's disgust at the lack of moral fiber and the lack of ability to govern. Engaging in a school yard battle of insults and threats with the head of a hostile government is not the way a US president is supposed to conduct himself.

Lowering yourself to the level of a demented adolescent isn't what anyone should expect from the president. Yet, that's exactly where we are.

And Trump is doing next to nothing to resolve the situation. He has undercut his own SecState and the entire State Department during the ongoing evolution.

In short, this is nuts.
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          It isn't hate as I've attempted to explain more than once. It's disgust at the lack of moral fiber and the lack of ability to govern. Engaging in a school yard battle of insults and threats with the head of a hostile government is not the way a US president is supposed to conduct himself.

Lowering yourself to the level of a demented adolescent isn't what anyone should expect from the president. Yet, that's exactly where we are.

And Trump is doing next to nothing to resolve the situation. He has undercut his own SecState and the entire State Department during the ongoing evolution.

In short, this is nuts.
                          North Korea tested its first nuclear bomb in 2006, its second in 2009, then Pres. Bush did nothing to provoke these test.
                          In 2013, a third nuclear bomb was tested, with two more tests in 2016. The last test (September 2016) was the largest of all, with an estimated power of 10 to 20 kilotons, roughly the size of the Nagasaki explosion.
                          Obama did nothing to provoke these tests.
                          Now North Korea has developed the ability to launch missiles over the past decade. And they have made no secret that we are the target of their anger.
                          You blame Trump.
                          I blame Kim Jong-un. It's that simple. If Hillary had won we would be facing the same problem.
                          It is true that Trump unlike the two previous presidents, doesn't sugarcoat anything. Sugar didn't work very well. In fact, if Bush or Obama would have taken Kim's threat seriously in the past, we would not be facing this issue today.
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

What did Obama say in 2013?
                            Obama cautioned, though, that amid North Korea's recent dramatic threats, the United States has to "make sure that we are dealing with every contingency out there."
                            "That's why I've repositioned missile defense systems to guard against any miscalculation on their part," he said, an apparent reference to the recent decision to move missile defenses to Guam, a Western Pacific territory that is home to U.S. naval and air bases that the North has cited as possible targets for attack.
                            Recent threats
                            Pyongyang intensified its threatening language last month when the U.N. Security voted to approve tougher sanctions on the North Korean regime following its latest underground nuclear test. Joint military exercises under way in South Korea by U.S. and South Korean troops, which take place each year, have also fed the North's angry rhetoric.
                            As well as its torrent of fiery words, which have included the threat of a nuclear attack on the United States and South Korea, the North has made a number of moves that have added to tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
                            It has suspended activity at a manufacturing zone it jointly operates with the South, vowed to immediately restart a nuclear reactor it shuttered five years ago and moved mobile ballistic missiles to its east coast for what U.S. and South Korean officials say could be a possible test launch.
                            Obama said that North Korea's recent behavior under Kim Jong Un was both familiar and counterproductive.
                            http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/world/...ons/index.html

Comment

What did Obama say last month?

Obama slams North Korea's nuclear weapon pursuit and warns Kim 'must face consequences' as he speaks in Seoul after wrapping up his ten-day family vacation in Indonesia
                              Obama spoke at at a forum in Seoul about North Korea and nuclear weapons
                              Said Kim's weapon pursuit had 'done nothing to secure the North Korean people'
                              Obama met President Moon Jae-in and was briefed on his meeting with Trump
                              Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4parByAs7
                              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Obama 2016
                                Statement by the President on North Korea's Nuclear Test

The United States condemns North Korea's September 9 nuclear test in the strongest possible terms as a grave threat to regional security and to international peace and stability. North Korea stands out as the only country to have tested nuclear weapons this century. Today's test, North Korea's second this year, follows an unprecedented campaign of ballistic missile launches, which North Korea claims are intended to serve as delivery vehicles for nuclear weapons targeting the United States and our allies, the Republic of Korea and Japan. As Commander in Chief, I have a responsibility to safeguard the American people and ensure that the United States is leading the international community in responding to this threat and North Korea's other provocations with commensurate resolve and condemnation.

To be clear, the United States does not, and never will, accept North Korea as a nuclear state. Far from achieving its stated national security and economic development goals, North Korea's provocative and destabilizing actions have instead served to isolate and impoverish its people through its relentless pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missile capabilities. Today's nuclear test, a flagrant violation of multiple UN Security Council Resolutions, makes clear North Korea's disregard for international norms and standards for behavior and demonstrates it has no interest in being a responsible member of the international community.

Last night I returned from the G-20 and East Asia Summit meetings in Asia, where my counterparts and I were united in our call for North Korea to return to the path of denuclearization. Upon hearing the news of the test, I had the opportunity to consult separately via phone with Republic of Korea (ROK) President Park Geun-Hye and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. We agreed to work with the UN Security Council, our other Six-Party partners, and the international community to vigorously implement existing measures imposed in previous resolutions, and to take additional significant steps, including new sanctions, to demonstrate to North Korea that there are consequences to its unlawful and dangerous actions. I restated to President Park and Prime Minister Abe the unshakable U.S. commitment to take necessary steps to defend our allies in the region, including through our deployment of a Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery to the ROK, and the commitment to provide extended deterrence, guaranteed by the full spectrum of U.S. defense capabilities.
                                https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...s-nuclear-test

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X