Former FBI agent and daughter guilty of murdering Irishman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former FBI agent and daughter guilty of murdering Irishman

Retired FBI agent Thomas Martens and his daughter, Molly Martens Corbett, were convicted of the second degree murder of Limerick father of two Jason Corbett.

Molly and Jason married a few years after his first wife (and mother of his two children) died of a severe asthma attack. Molly was employed as a nanny and a few years later Jason and Molly married and relocated to the USA.
    Thomas and Molly beat him to death with a baseball bat and a brick while the two children were asleep in their rooms. The pathologist said his wounds looked similar to the victim of a high speed car crash as his skull was completely smashed.

A tragic case with the words of Jason's 12 year old son, read out in a victim impact statement, resonating with many in the courtroom.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

It's ironic that, since the OP has determined to make mention of the victim's heritage, that he should have been killed by traditional Irish weapons, ie Irish Confetti.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      It's ironic that, since the OP has determined to make mention of the victim's heritage, that he should have been killed by traditional Irish weapons, ie Irish Confetti.
      Classy reply!

The victim was Irish, not of Irish heritage, and the main weapon used was a baseball bat, an American weapon. "Irish confetti" is an obscure American term and not in any common vernacular.
      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

The Irish have a long history of using clubs in melees. A baseball bat is favored in the US because it is easy to buy and is legal to open carry. You see New York Gangs carrying them, when they aren't packing pistols and automatic weapons. The older gangs also use them when they want to mess a person up. Watch "Goodfellas" some time. I hear Cricket Bats are popular in the UK.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          What? I thought death by potato would have been traditional...

Comment

More than likely it can be blamed on this.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            What? I thought death by potato would have been traditional...
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              The Irish have a long history of using clubs in melees.
              What a shocker; people use things to hit each other! If you are talking about Irish Americans they don't count as they are American, not Irish.

I hear Cricket Bats are popular in the UK.
              Who told you that?

This is about a retired FBI agent who, with his daughter, beat a man to death in his bedroom and left his two children orphaned. It's not about some stupid and groundless national stereotype that some ill informed Americans pulled out of their ass.

Comment

I don't understand how they thought that they would get away with it. Stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                  This is about a retired FBI agent who, with his daughter, beat a man to death in his bedroom and left his two children orphaned. It's not about some stupid and groundless national stereotype that some ill informed Americans pulled out of their ass.
                  I identify myself as "Irish". Does the word Shillelagh mean anything to you? How about the mascot of the University of Notre Dame? How about the John Wayne movie, "The Quiet Man"?

Pruitt

Comment

I identify myself as "Irish".

Pruitt
                    Does that mean that you're one of those "hyphenated Americans" that conservatives so despise?

Comment

I am an American, which means I am a mixture. My Mother's side is Scots Irish and my Father's side is English and Irish. Who told you conservatives despise Americans?

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                        Does that mean that you're one of those "hyphenated Americans" that conservatives so despise?
                        Gives a whole new meaning to "yanking your Mick."

Rimshot
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I identify myself as "Irish".
                          Good for you. I thought you were American.

Does the word Shillelagh mean anything to you?
                          Only in so much as it brings on a cringing feeling I get when I hear Americans mispronounce the word.
                          Of course the short sticks sold to tourists are a derivative of an English weapon. The original Irish ones were long and oak (they get their name from a specific Oak forest).
                          Just accept that your impression of Ireland is no more accurate than mine would be of the USA if it was informed only by Gary Cooper Westerns.
                          For the record;
                          We donít live in thatched cottages
                          we donít travel my donkey and cart
                          we donít ever say ďtop of the morningĒ as thatís an English toast said before the start of a Hunt
                          we arenít nearly as religious as you guys,
                          we arenít superstitious (thatís the same as being religious) although like everywhere else we have some idiots
                          we have paved roads
                          we have electricity
                          we have the internet
                          we know what the word liberal actually means

How about the mascot of the University of Notre Dame?
                          Thatís the University that canít pronounce its own name, right? That mascot is up there with the Black and White Minstrels. It would be like a University with a Jewish heritage having a mascot with a big nose or one with a Black heritage having a mascot with a big c**k. Stereotypes arenít a good thing. They lead us to think that all Irish are backward, all Jews are mean, all Muslims are terrorists and all Americans are stupid.

How about the John Wayne movie, "The Quiet Man"?
                          Sweet Jesus, I rest my case. It was one of the most stupid an inaccurate movies ever made. Then again, when you guys can make a movie showing Americans capturing the Enigma Machine you can make one saying anything.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                            For the record;
                            We donít live in thatched cottages
                            we donít travel my donkey and cart
                            we donít ever say ďtop of the morningĒ as thatís an English toast said before the start of a Hunt
                            we arenít nearly as religious as you guys,
                            we arenít superstitious (thatís the same as being religious) although like everywhere else we have some idiots
                            we have paved roads
                            we have electricity
                            we have the internet
                            It's amazing what can be done in 10 years....

Paul
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                              It's amazing what can be done in 10 years....

Paul

As I have pointed out before, when an Irish person emigrates to England the average IQ of both countries goes up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X