Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump delusional about basic concepts of our Nuclear Weapons....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Nice to see you've chosen sides in this...
    Yes, I've chosen the side that thinks with the statement that President Trump tweeted he made himself a laughing stock on the international stage.....

Speaking of that statement, have you even addressed it in this thread? Hmmmmmm
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

And now we have two morons at their respective helms deciding the possible out come of who pushes the button first

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
        . . . . [Pres Trump] should know better than to make empty threats at a demented autocrat. . . . .
        I'm going to disagree with you here, to a degree.

The current incarnation of the despotic Kim clan -- Kim Jong-un -- may not be totally demented. Yeah, he may have a thing for young girls in stress positions and whatnot, but then he'd be no more demented than Lavrenty Pavlovich Beria: a highly competent communist functionary. No, I suspect that Kim knows what he wants, understands his position, and realizes how to achieve his aims within the constraints of his current position. I refer you to Mao: The Unknown Story. In the mid-1950s Mao Tse-tung wanted nothing more than his own nuclear weapons. For years he'd mentioned such to Iosif Vissarionovich Stalin, but the generalissimo just ignored him. After Stalin's death, Mao outright hectored Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev on a near daily basis for a bomb. For a long time Khrushchev was able to blow Mao off. Then one day Mao hit on a plan: if he could scare the crappola out of Moscow, Taipei, and Washington simultaneously, make all three believe that he was stark raving mad, then he might very well squeeze a bomb out of Khrushchev. So Mao went and rattled his sabre in the Taiwan Strait, loud enough to compel Eisenhower to deploy the Seventh Fleet there to block a feared PLA invasion. With the possibility of USN nukes in the theater a very real possibility, Khrushchev figured that Mao was too unpredictable to be covered by the Soviet nuclear umbrella, so the Kremlin judged it safer to let Mao deal with his own strategic situation himself and let Moscow off of that hook. Back then Washington had no way of knowing just how mad Mao was, so Ike might be forgiven for misjudging the PRC's chairman. No such gap exists with regards to contemporary Pyongyang, however.

We know that the Kim's desire one thing above all others: continued and unfettered autocratic rule of the DPRK. That's it. Everything else is secondary. The more they can paint the US as a bad guy, the more their esteem grows in their generals' eyes. Trump, with his apparent Twitter addiction, does nothing but feed the troll. Perhaps their relationship is symbiotic.

In any event, Trump really should say very little. He can acknowledge the situation as it is: DPRK's attempt to blackmail the world with their nuclear brinksmanship. Fat a$$ Bill Clinton and his lapdog Jimmy Carter played that game in the 1990s, and clearly it failed. Common sense dictates that you can't feed a scavenger into going away. Same applies to North Korea. Apart from that, Trump should condemn the sabre-rattling, the threat to peace, and the risk to the people in the region, especially the Korean people, North and South alike. Make the world sympathize with them, and condemn the Kim's. This should be relatively easy.
        Last edited by slick_miester; 10 Aug 17, 15:40.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
          How? I mean, besides the tinee-weeny detail that she is not the president?
          She's been president already. Co-president with hubby.

Comment

Originally posted by walle View Post
            She's been president already. Co-president with hubby.
            Hardly.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              I'm going to disagree with you here, to a degree.

The current incarnation of the despotic Kim clan -- Kim Jong-un -- may not be totally demented. Yeah, he may have a thing for young girls in stress positions and whatnot, but then he'd be no more demented than Lavrenty Pavlovich Beria: a highly competent communist functionary. No, I suspect that Kim knows what he wants, understands his position, and realizes how to achieve his aims within the constraints of his current position. I refer you to Mao: The Unknown Story. In the mid-1950s Mao Tse-tung wanted nothing more than his own nuclear weapons. For years he'd mentioned such to Iosif Vissarionovich Stalin, but the generalissimo just ignored him. After Stalin's death, Mao outright hectored Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev on a near daily basis for a bomb. For a long time Khrushchev was able to blow Mao off. Then one day Mao hit on a plan: if he could scare the crappola out of Moscow, Taipei, and Washington simultaneously, make all three believe that he was stark raving mad, then he might very well squeeze a bomb out of Khrushchev. So Mao went and rattled his sabre in the Taiwan Strait, loud enough to compel Eisenhower to deploy the Seventh Fleet there to block a feared PLA invasion. With the possibility of USN nukes in the theater a very real possibility, Khrushchev figured that Mao was too unpredictable to be covered by the Soviet nuclear umbrella, so the Kremlin judged it safer to let Mao deal with his own strategic situation himself and let Moscow off of that hook. Back then Washington had no way of knowing just how mad Mao was, so Ike might be forgiven for misjudging the PRC's chairman. No such gap exists with regards to contemporary Pyongyang, however.

We know that the Kim's desire one thing above all others: continued and unfettered autocratic rule of the DPRK. That's it. Everything else is secondary. The more they can paint the US as a bad guy, the more their esteem grows in their generals' eyes. Trump, with his apparent Twitter addiction, does nothing but feed the troll. Perhaps their relationship is symbiotic.

In any event, Trump really should say very little. He can acknowledge the situation as it is: DPRK's attempt to blackmail the world with their nuclear brinksmanship. Fat a$$ Bill Clinton and his lapdog Jimmy Carter played that game in the 1990s, and clearly it failed. Common sense dictates that you can't feed a scavenger into going away. Same applies to North Korea. Apart from that, Trump should condemn the sabre-rattling, the threat to peace, and the risk to the people in the region, especially the Korean people, North and South alike. Make the world sympathize with them, and condemn the Kim's. This should be relatively easy.
              Good post.

More on the backstory...

https://apnews.com/686ac7c761694b28b...egular-contact
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X