Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democrats lose another governorship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Democrats lose another governorship

    West Virginia's governor just jumped ship and joined the Republicans. Another serious loss for the Democrats

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wes...cid=spartandhp

    If you look at a map of this, outside a few traditional Democrat states, only the Progressive ones on the coast still have Democrats running them.



    Realistically, it's coming down to where the Democrats may have as few a 8 states that are politically reliable if the trend continues. That's definitely not good for them.

  • #2
    Color Louisiana mixed. The Governor is a Democrat, but most of the Representatives and both Senators are Republican. Bobby Jindal was the last Governor and he cut taxes and spending to the bone. This caused a crisis in Cash Flow that affected the economy in Louisiana. Sooner or later Louisiana politicians will learn that no matter how much you cut state taxes on new business, these businesses will only set up where there is a good base of educated people to be workers. The best young people in Louisiana are going out of state to find jobs.

    Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

    Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

    by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

    Comment


    • #3
      I read that he'd been a lifelong Republican until he decided to run for governor. Sounds like the exact opposite of someone else that we all know and love.

      Comment


      • #4
        Which ever way the wind blows.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Which ever way the wind blows.
          I thought that most of that wind came from the talking heads on TV.

          I think I will keep my sig. as-is for a while longer.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

          -Captain Jack

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, I see this as a repudiation of the MSM narrative and the Democrat party. They keep telling us that Trump is a vile idiot and that everything he does will bring disaster. Yet, the economy is picking up, Obamacare is collapsing, the Democrats keep losing special elections, and now even people in their party are defecting.

            Actions speak louder than words...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              I thought that most of that wind came from the talking heads on TV.

              I think I will keep my sig. as-is for a while longer.
              Trump as also changed party's, which is ok. I quit mine.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well, the Dems will be getting back NJ. Christie has destroyed any chance of a Republican governor for the foreseeable future.

                Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The market has been climbing for years, it just went over the top after the election. The man never really was a Democrat, he just ran in one election as one. There is a difference...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    The market has been climbing for years, it just went over the top after the election. The man never really was a Democrat, he just ran in one election as one. There is a difference...
                    "The market has been sluggishly climbing for year, but spiked after the election."

                    There, fixed it for ya. )

                    Certainly the talk of the financial and business communities (here say, but probably accurate) is of a "sea change" for the positive that has not been felt in many years. Certainly our business has picked up considerably since the election, though we are very Second Amendment based, and the defeat of gun control advocacy has certainly been a relief and renewed hope. Also since our business might be considered in the light of a "luxury" industry, we have certainly seen an opening of wallets that I have not seen in the five years I've been working there.

                    A lot of people who voted for Trump are or were considered Democrats. That is the problem for the Dem. Party; they are bleeding constituencies. Trump is more independent, and his flirtation with Democrats may have more to do with the realpolitik of being a billionaire living in NYC than anything else. You do not like him, fair enough, but the reality is that his election was the cause of the spike in consumer confidence etc that we are now seeing. I think, like the media, all too many are focused on his tweets and what he says than on what he actually does, and he has been generally quite successful to date.

                    Tuebor

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      Well, the Dems will be getting back NJ. Christie has destroyed any chance of a Republican governor for the foreseeable future.

                      Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                      As far as I am concerned the Democrats are welcome to New Jersey. "Garden State" my hemorrhoidal ass. "Garbage State" is more accurate me thinks.

                      Tuebor

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                        As far as I am concerned the Democrats are welcome to New Jersey. "Garden State" my hemorrhoidal ass. "Garbage State" is more accurate me thinks.

                        Tuebor
                        Why? Because...

                        The state bird is dead...?

                        But, it's to be replaced by the mosquito...?

                        The state rock is concrete...?

                        The state tourism agency only speaks Puerto Rican...?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                          Certainly our business has picked up considerably since the election, though we are very Second Amendment based, and the defeat of gun control advocacy has certainly been a relief and renewed hope. Also since our business might be considered in the light of a "luxury" industry, we have certainly seen an opening of wallets that I have not seen in the five years I've been working there.

                          Tuebor
                          You must be working for the only "2nd Amendment based" business that is doing well. S&W is so overstocked that they are offering dealers a "buy 100, get 25 free" deal and almost no one is taking them up on it. I know of at least two major distributors who are in danger of going belly up and have taken drastic measures in the opposite directions. One has cut the credit limit of even dealers who keep up to date on their payments and the other has gone from net 30 (standard in the industry) to net 90, hoping that things will improve in the next three months. Sales of AR's have tanked. The only thing selling to any degree are concealed carry handguns.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Why? Because...

                            The state bird is dead...?

                            But, it's to be replaced by the mosquito...?

                            The state rock is concrete...?

                            The state tourism agency only speaks Puerto Rican...?

                            Seems accurate.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I love what Greg Gutfeld said. The Democrats lose even when there isn't an election.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X