Big insurers want the gravy train to continue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
    Of course it does. That is why insurance cost has exploded among with deductibles for the coverage.

Obamacare is the mandated purchasing of Government Approved Health Insurance under penalty of paying higher taxes for not having any.

Now, before I hear the argument of having to buy car insurance, the Federal Government is NOT forcing you to own a car or truck. None of the States force you to buy a car either. You can even own a car without having to buy insurance or a license plate. You are not forced to pay a state tax penalty for not having insurance on that car or truck. You are just not allowed to drive that car on a public highway, road, or street without them.
    I really do feel like this argument is sadly underutilized.

However, it is also fairly easy to counter if one chooses. The government could simply define healthcare insurance as a mandatory element of choosing to utilize public services. After all, just because a park is public space doesn't mean the individual is free to do whatever they like - if they were to redefine such insurance as a mandatory part of choosing to utilize such public services, then they just reinterpret it along the car insurance model. Heck, they could even just tie it into drivers licenses as well as a mandatory check.

It would mean that if you are an ascetic living in a cave you don't have to pay for it, but if you wanted to use a car or a park or a public road or the postal service, you would need health insurance first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      I could never get why liberals got so excited about Obamacare. It was a big sellout to the insurance industry, the antithesis of what liberals claim to stand for.
      Well that's also what made it so hilarious - all these ignorant fools running around declaring it was Marxism when at its core it was collusion with some of the biggest industries around.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Well that's also what made it so hilarious - all these ignorant fools running around declaring it was Marxism when at its core it was collusion with some of the biggest industries around.
        It's much closer to Fascism than Marxism...

In fact, the DNC's whole economic outlook is extremely Fascist. A massive social welfare state. Forced union membership in unions that walk the government / party line. A collusion of Big Business and government with the later granting government directed monopolies to the former locking out competition. Small business is discouraged through heavy handed regulation and high taxes and fees while Big Business is often bribing (political contributions etc.) and being bribed by government (given huge exclusive contracts, and bailed out... too big to fail... when they lose money).

Throw in a huge number of public works projects (choo choo trains everywhere as one example), some price fixing schemes, and control of things like the Internet (net neutrality anyone?) and you have a thoroughly Fascist government policy...

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          You forgot to mention Soros and/or the deep state.

But in all honesty, let's try to avoid this line of reasoning - especially when you oppose its use by others. Never lower yourself down to their level. It also doesn't lead to solid or healthy debate.
          I need to Rep you for that as soon as I have the points for it again.

Well, of course they do!
          If you were a businessman, wouldn't you love it if there was a law that required people to buy your product, no matter how over-priced and crappy it really is?
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            I need to Rep you for that as soon as I have the points for it again.

Well, of course they do!
            If you were a businessman, wouldn't you love it if there was a law that required people to buy your product, no matter how over-priced and crappy it really is?
            BINGO!!!

Why ACA is such a cesspool of legislation and "crime" upon the citizens and taxpayers of this nation!

While we have the Loonie-Left of this forum bashing Trump for an unpleasant personality as POTUS, here we have a case of a real Seditionous and "Internal Enemy of the State" whom has recently left our Highest Office and is getting a Pension to boot! Talk about "Injury to Insult" of eight years of Un-American Activity !!!

If there is any investigation and criminal punishment to be done and dished, it's upon that shame of a POTUS whom just left! Screw the "Lock Her(Hillary) Up!", I want a "Lock Him~Barry Obama Up!".

Biggest Crook, Rip-Off, and Traitor of a POTUS this Nation has yet seen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              BINGO!!!

Why ACA is such a cesspool of legislation and "crime" upon the citizens and taxpayers of this nation!

While we have the Loonie-Left of this forum bashing Trump for an unpleasant personality as POTUS, here we have a case of a real Seditionous and "Internal Enemy of the State" whom has recently left our Highest Office and is getting a Pension to boot! Talk about "Injury to Insult" of eight years of Un-American Activity !!!

If there is any investigation and criminal punishment to be done and dished, it's upon that shame of a POTUS whom just left! Screw the "Lock Her(Hillary) Up!", I want a "Lock Him~Barry Obama Up!".

Biggest Crook, Rip-Off, and Traitor of a POTUS this Nation has yet seen!!!
              Maybe I should have said "Insult to Injury", but that Gate swings loosely both ways when comes to Barry~BHO.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X