Want to Protect Planet Earth? NASA Is Hiring a Planetary Protection Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Protect Planet Earth? NASA Is Hiring a Planetary Protection Officer

Do you have broad engineering expertise, a year or more at a GS-15 job, and an interest in protecting planet Earth? If so, you could apply for NASA’s Planetary Protection Officer role. According to the job listing, you’ll attain secret security clearance as long as you have the skills to ensure that “organic-constituent and biological contamination” doesn’t stow away on a space ship headed for home and wreak havoc on the big blue marble. You will also need to be ready to lead, because you’ll be “responsible for the leadership of NASA’s planetary protection capability, maintenance of planetary protection policies, and oversight of their implementation by NASAs space flight missions.”
    https://futurism.com/want-to-protect...ction-officer/

Official job listing:
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewD...0#btn-add-info

NASA?
    How very curious...

NASA Confirms Falling Sea Levels For Two Years Amidst Media Blackout

On a NASA page intended to spread climate alarmism (https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/), NASA’s own data reveal that worldwide ocean levels have been falling for nearly two years, dropping from a variation of roughly 87.5mm to below 85mm. This data clearly contradicts the false narrative of rapid, never-ending rising ocean levels that flood continents and drown cities. The narrative is climate alarmists key element of the climate change fear mongering fiction that’s used to scare gullible youth into making Al Gore rich.
    http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ckout_07272017
    (Lots and lots of links in the story. )

Maybe they should get back to space?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Sometimes what isn't known is more important than what is.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        NASA?
        How very curious...

NASA Confirms Falling Sea Levels For Two Years Amidst Media Blackout

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ckout_07272017
        (Lots and lots of links in the story. )

Maybe they should get back to space?
        That is some fine blogging there, but the graph itself represents a major departure from the narrative they are trying to put forward.

Here's the full graph:

So sound the media conspiracy alarms! Everything before 2015 is now irrelevant because of a two-year stagnation! Sure, that means we have to ignore that the sea levels have been rising steadily since February, but still, this small slice from NASA's own data disproves everything. Everything!

<Strikes dramatic pose>
        <Wait for applause>
        <Drop curtain>

Also, remind patrons that there is no refund for the 'DoD Overly Dramatic Theater'.

Comment

Global warming is a myth.
          “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Who cares if ocean levels have risen a whole 3" in the last twenty years? I certainly don't. I care even less if it's due to, or primarily due to, natural causes.

Since the so-called climate scientists have been wrong about the vast majority of climate change, were wrong about the hole in the ozone layer, and haven't even got a single decent model that can be shown to be relatively accurate, I'm certainly not believing their predictions at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
              I'm not promoting or defending it, just pointing out the flaw in the blog post used.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Who cares if ocean levels have risen a whole 3" in the last twenty years? I certainly don't. I care even less if it's due to, or primarily due to, natural causes.

Since the so-called climate scientists have been wrong about the vast majority of climate change, were wrong about the hole in the ozone layer, and haven't even got a single decent model that can be shown to be relatively accurate, I'm certainly not believing their predictions at the moment.
                Why not post this in the Global Warming thread instead?

I'm more interesting in seeing who wants to be a Planetary Protection Officer.

Comment

I'm too old to go around protecting planets. Besides, the planets don't need protecting, they're doing just fine. It's the people that are f...ked!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    I'm too old to go around protecting planets. Besides, the planets don't need protecting, they're doing just fine. It's the people that are f...ked!
                    Seems like the job is more about protecting us from some type of space contaminant - and space from our contaminants.
                    "Planetary protection is concerned with the avoidance of organic-constituent and biological contamination in human and robotic space exploration."

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      Seems like the job is more about protecting us from some type of space contaminant - and space from our contaminants.
                      "Planetary protection is concerned with the avoidance of organic-constituent and biological contamination in human and robotic space exploration."
                      Yeah, chasing germs and little "bugs" away. Keep the Earthly ones here and any non-Earthly out there. Not the usual MIB gig here.

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                        I ski every winter in Switzerland and near by is an old monastery that have kept records that go back almost 1900 years.....On talking with one of the old monks he showed me snow records that go back almost 1900 years.....some years was a lot of snow other years was a little, in fact looking at it these records were very cyclical with ups and down...they had kept temperature records for the last 400 years and nothing much seems to change....so is this "warming" a big hype and we can blame Hillary/Obama for getting people excited or is it for real.......just in case make sure you live on a hill.

Toulon France...

Comment

the job is actually to prevent any contamination any probs or ships that could lead to live from earth heading to a different planted or planetoid. Sounds like a boring job with a title made to make it sound cooler than it is. you basically a high end cleaner
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I hope this guy gets the job...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3387321

Whattya think? Over qualified if you ask me!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X