Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Sec Ryan Zinke Called and Threatened Alaska's two Sen over Heathcare vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    PROOF ?
    His statement. All I need, all anyone can get over the internet... stop and think....

Plus why would I believe an administration that started out with this claim and continued to lie every week since?????

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe,"
    WH Press spokesman Spice at the behest of the President.
    Last edited by Combat Engineer; 27 Jul 17, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    No, Sec Zinke called HIM and threaten him. .
    PROOF ?

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Murkowski is a liar :she has said that she would vote for a law that would repeal the ACA,and she did the opposite .

Sullivan knows this ,and, nevertheless, he is saying that Zinke was threatening her :if it is an invention ,Sullivan is lying, if he said the truth, meaning:repeating what a liar told him, he is stupid .

Thus, in both cases, why should we believe him,when he said that he (who voted for the repeal )was threatened by the administration ?

It is possible that Murkowski was threatened, but there is no proof .

It is possible (but unlikely ) that Sullivan was threatened, but there is no proof .
    The word from some one from Capitol Hill is no proof .
    No, Sec Zinke called HIM and threaten him. Still not reading well.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    No, because that was not the point of this thread. If it were politics as usual it would have been a fairly SMART 'threat' during the phone calls. This was not, this was a self inflicted wound on the very man who tried to make the clumsy threat.

So, not politics as usual, just a demonstration of further incompetence.
    Still accepting what a senator is saying.

As long it is hurting the administration .

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Murkowski is a liar :she has said that she would vote for a law that would repeal the ACA,and she did the opposite .

Sullivan knows this ,and, nevertheless, he is saying that Zinke was threatening her :if it is an invention ,Sullivan is lying, if he said the truth, meaning:repeating what a liar told him, he is stupid .

Thus, in both cases, why should we believe him,when he said that he (who voted for the repeal )was threatened by the administration ?

It is possible that Murkowski was threatened, but there is no proof .

It is possible (but unlikely ) that Sullivan was threatened, but there is no proof .
    The word from some one from Capitol Hill is no proof .

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Widow Maker View Post
    As stated earlier nothing to see here just Washington politics as usual.

It also gives all Republican hold outs an alibi with voters back home if they cave. Normally the same kind of pressure is being applied to some degree by congressional leaders to the some of the hold outs.

The interesting thing is the public discussion of it. Even that is not all that unusual.
    No, because that was not the point of this thread. If it were politics as usual it would have been a fairly SMART 'threat' during the phone calls. This was not, this was a self inflicted wound on the very man who tried to make the clumsy threat.

So, not politics as usual, just a demonstration of further incompetence.

Leave a comment:

• Widow Maker
    replied
    As stated earlier nothing to see here just Washington politics as usual.

It also gives all Republican hold outs an alibi with voters back home if they cave. Normally the same kind of pressure is being applied to some degree by congressional leaders to the some of the hold outs.

The interesting thing is the public discussion of it. Even that is not all that unusual.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Murkowski is already thwarting the goals of the administration :it's a public secret that she is an enemy of Trump .

How can Sullivan know that Zinke was threatening Murkowski ? Unless Murkowski told it to Sullivan . If so ,where is the proof that Murkowski told the truth ? The fact that she is a senatoe is not a proof that she told the truth .
    Sec Zinke call Sen Sullivan and made the SAME threats to him.... read.......

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    It's about leverage, who has it, who does not. The Senator has it, Sec Zinke and President Trump do not.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...repeal/535092/

First she has 5+ years before she runs again.
    Murkowski is already thwarting the goals of the administration :it's a public secret that she is an enemy of Trump .

How can Sullivan know that Zinke was threatening Murkowski ? Unless Murkowski told it to Sullivan . If so ,where is the proof that Murkowski told the truth ? The fact that she is a senatoe is not a proof that she told the truth .

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    It's about leverage, who has it, who does not. The Senator has it, Sec Zinke and President Trump do not.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...repeal/535092/

First she has 5+ years before she runs again.

Beyond all of that, it’s not even clear what leverage Trump or his administration has over Murkowski compared to the power she might wield over them. While Sullivan is a first-term senator, Murkowski is chairman both of the Senate’s Energy and Natural Resources Committee and of the appropriations subcommittee for energy and the environment. What that means is she leads congressional oversight over policy and funding for Zinke’s department and can thwart his goals just as much if not more than he could thwart hers.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Just as a side note I refrain from clicking on links here. The last time I did I got a expensive to remove virus. Not from you mind, but I've grown leery about clicking on links here...
    That is why I also provided the quote and the source in my OP.

Again:

That afternoon, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke called her and Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), saying that her vote against debate on Obamacare repeal might steer the administration away from policies that benefit her state, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

“I’m not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop,” Sullivan told the newspaper about his own call from Zinke.
    So the source is not The Hill, it's an Alaskan newspaper and the person being quoted is Senator Sullivan who did NOT vote against starting the healthcare debate...

Plus Sen Murkowski is the Chairwoman of not a subcommittee but THE committee that holds sway over the Dept of the Interior. So she controls not just nominations but can hold oversight investigations about the dept etc. She also chairs the Appropriations Sub-committee that determines the Departments budget etc... like I said stupid move on Sec Zinke part. Typical of this administration, clumsy and prone to over reaction.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Thanks for making that all important World shaking announcement. A quarter is in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    No, that was straight from the AL Sen to his local media. Sorry, wrong again. The source is not The Hill, they are just relaying it. Click on links.. it helps.
    Just as a side note I refrain from clicking on links here. The last time I did I got a expensive to remove virus. Not from you mind, but I've grown leery about clicking on links here...

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Why should we believe the senator from Alaska ?

And why should we believe The Hill, which is only a part of the Democratic propaganda machine ?

On Post 2 you were writing : "it seems", which means that ,except for what Murkowski ( a Trump RINO hater) was saying, you have no proof .
    No it was the other Senator from Alaska, the one that voted FOR the motion to proceed... i.e. supported President Trump, that made the statement.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Archie had a name...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X