No announcement yet.

Senate Votes to begin debate on Health Care bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want the government footing most, if not all of the bills.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      And yet your party can't get it's 'stuff' together in order to stop this 'disaster' that you predict. Amazing is it not? 7 years and still no plan.
      No, it is, unfortunately, predictable. Oh, the Republicans aren't "(my) party." I'm an independent. I absolutely and utterly despise the Left, and hence the Democrats today, with few exceptions, because they now on the Left. But, I also think the Republicans are not much better. The problem is in American politics it's either / or and there's no real third option.

But, back to your premise. It's predictable. The Republicans have too wide a range of political views to easily come together on almost any topic. There will be division and debate, unlike the Democrats who get together in a cabal and force their view down everyone else's throats. Or, did you forget how they got Obamacare "passed" to begin with?

They tossed the Republicans out of committee in the House and wrote the bill behind locked doors. They forced a party line vote on the floor without even giving members, including those of their own party, time to read the bill or review it.
      The Senate dumped their version, adopted the House version without revision, to get it passed. They wheeled Robert Byrd on a gurney as he lay dying into the chamber to get the last vote necessary to pass it.

Yet, somehow now that monstrous abortion of a horrible bill is now a paragon of social virtue. How insane is that view, and that's what the Left is telling us.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        No, it is, unfortunately, predictable. Oh, the Republicans aren't "(my) party." I'm an independent. I absolutely and utterly despise the Left, and hence the Democrats today, with few exceptions, because they now on the Left. But, I also think the Republicans are not much better. The problem is in American politics it's either / or and there's no real third option.

But, back to your premise. It's predictable. The Republicans have too wide a range of political views to easily come together on almost any topic. There will be division and debate, unlike the Democrats who get together in a cabal and force their view down everyone else's throats. Or, did you forget how they got Obamacare "passed" to begin with?

They tossed the Republicans out of committee in the House and wrote the bill behind locked doors. They forced a party line vote on the floor without even giving members, including those of their own party, time to read the bill or review it.
        The Senate dumped their version, adopted the House version without revision, to get it passed. They wheeled Robert Byrd on a gurney as he lay dying into the chamber to get the last vote necessary to pass it.

Yet, somehow now that monstrous abortion of a horrible bill is now a paragon of social virtue. How insane is that view, and that's what the Left is telling us.
        You really need to get real facts behind the passage of Obamacare. You've got about 20%, that's it.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Senate rejects a so called 'open' repeal bill 45-55. Nine GOP Sen voting no.

This was virtually the same bill sent to then President Obama's desk in 2015. Of the nine GOP Sen voting against this bill, eight voted for it when they knew it had no chance to become law.....
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Senate rejects a so called 'open' repeal bill 45-55. Nine GOP Sen voting no.

This was virtually the same bill sent to then President Obama's desk in 2015. Of the nine GOP Sen voting against this bill, eight voted for it when they knew it had no chance to become law.....
            The big problem is it 2 years later. Most of the republicans failed to realize that the window closed back then to repeal Obamacare. Issue is now about how many people can be covered and for what price.)

you can replace it but not repeal it. Trump killed the repeal aspect when he was running for president saying it going to cover more people and at lower premiums.

Comment

The care bill is going nowhere, because the number of politicians in Washington willing to risk anything at all is infinitesimal. They all want to survive by blaming others for the disaster, especially the Dems who created this abortion to begin with.

Diogenes once roamed the streets with a lantern looking for an honest man. Today, we could roam Washington, D.C. with a zillion candlepower searchlight looking for a single pair of testicles, with no more luck then Diogenes had.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X