Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get out of Jail Free

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Get out of Jail Free

    Not so fast dude.

    US President Donald Trump has insisted he has the "complete power" to pardon people, amid reports he is considering presidential pardons for family members, aides and even himself.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40692709

    Why is he thinking about pardoning himself and other family members IF they have done noting wrong?

    A reunion of guilty MF's is why.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

  • #2
    Article. II. Section. 2. - end of first paragraph would constrain this some.
    " ... except in Cases of Impeachment."
    Article. II. Section. 4. - provides further guidelines.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope he pardons everyone involved in the non-crime. Ask Gerald Ford how that worked out.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

      Comment


      • #4
        You missed the point. The question is why is Trump already considering pardons for his family and himself if they have done nothing wrong as he insists?

        Seems to me they have done 'something' wrong...

        Comment


        • #5
          Or his understandinng of the Constitution is a sketchy as those running the Kangaroo Court.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Not so fast dude.



            http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40692709

            Why is he thinking about pardoning himself and other family members IF they have done noting wrong?

            A reunion of guilty MF's is why.

            Yeah....not so fast.....

            From you link:

            "amid reports......" What reports? Who is saying that he said that?

            From your link:

            Describing the reports as disturbing, Senator Mark Warner, a Democrat who sits on the House Intelligence Committee, said "pardoning any individuals who may have been involved would be crossing a fundamental line".

            On Saturday, Mr Trump tweeted: "While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS."

            So a Democrat makes a statement about Trump pardoning....Trump comes back with "why think of that when only crime"...

            You are doing the same thing that the MSM and the left have been doing to Trump since he won the election....blaming him for something that hasn't happened yet.

            When and if it happens, then is the time to talk about it...now this isn't even alternate history because it hasn't happened yet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Massena View Post
              You missed the point. The question is why is Trump already considering pardons for his family and himself if they have done nothing wrong as he insists?

              Seems to me they have done 'something' wrong...
              I agree with the above except that I can't find where he said that he would pardon or is considering pardoning his family...........can anyone find where he said that? The OP link doesn't have it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Yeah....not so fast.....

                From you link:

                "amid reports......" What reports? Who is saying that he said that?

                From your link:

                Describing the reports as disturbing, Senator Mark Warner, a Democrat who sits on the House Intelligence Committee, said "pardoning any individuals who may have been involved would be crossing a fundamental line".

                On Saturday, Mr Trump tweeted: "While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS."

                So a Democrat makes a statement about Trump pardoning....Trump comes back with "why think of that when only crime"...

                You are doing the same thing that the MSM and the left have been doing to Trump since he won the election....blaming him for something that hasn't happened yet.

                When and if it happens, then is the time to talk about it...now this isn't even alternate history because it hasn't happened yet.
                tRump
                Tweeted the same.

                President Trump asserted his “complete power to pardon” in a tweet Saturday morning after reports emerged this week that he was discussing his ability to pardon people in the ongoing investigation into ties between his campaign and Russia.

                “While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS,” Trump tweeted.

                You should be in the know being there but it looks like you are not.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  tRump
                  Tweeted the same.

                  President Trump asserted his “complete power to pardon” in a tweet Saturday morning after reports emerged this week that he was discussing his ability to pardon people in the ongoing investigation into ties between his campaign and Russia.

                  “While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS,” Trump tweeted.

                  You should be in the know being there but it looks like you are not.
                  Where did Trump say this:

                  Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Why is he thinking about pardoning himself and other family members IF they have done noting wrong?
                  Even your link doesn't say that....so where did he say he was thinking about pardoning himself and other family members?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    Where did Trump say this:



                    Even your link doesn't say that....so where did he say he was thinking about pardoning himself and other family members?
                    Who would the others be if not his son and son-in-law?
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, at least he's not taking a bribe to pardon a real criminal like Bill Clinton did...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ...they should do away with gubernatorial and presidential pardons altogether....
                        ..they are saying screw the juries/etc..screw the victims/etc
                        ...one man should not be allowed that power

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          You missed the point. The question is why is Trump already considering pardons for his family and himself if they have done nothing wrong as he insists?

                          Seems to me they have done 'something' wrong...
                          This is my point as well. Furthermore, if he did nothing wrong why is he always complaining about Mueller's investigation? An innocent man would let the investigation take it's course and let the facts come out.

                          That said, he'll issue pardons to everyone involved and spineless Ayn Ryan and Mitch the Turtle will just say "it's concerning" and never do anything about it. Republicans have completely lost their moral compass.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Well, at least he's not taking a bribe to pardon a real criminal like Bill Clinton did...
                            Ah TAG Clinton hasn't been President for a very long time. Could you get up to date on current affairs. There more important to our nation than what a past President did 17 years ago.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              Ah TAG Clinton hasn't been President for a very long time. Could you get up to date on current affairs. There more important to our nation than what a past President did 17 years ago.
                              It's called setting a precedent.
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X