Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security robot ends up in Washington, D.C., fountain

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Security robot ends up in Washington, D.C., fountain

    So I can't post pics or links till I get to 100 posts, I am at 83

  • #2
    Here is the link.
    https://www.theladders.com/p/24160/d...an-superiority

    Just a matter of bad programming and sensors functioning, especially, when it has ran over a toddler's foot in the past.
    “Breaking News,”

    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought it was just fascinating that there were already robots being used this way.

      The knightscope k5 robot security guards look like daleks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
        Here is the link.
        https://www.theladders.com/p/24160/d...an-superiority

        Just a matter of bad programming and sensors functioning, especially, when it has ran over a toddler's foot in the past.
        And another link

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40642968

        Externin glug glug bubble
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
          So I can't post pics or links till I get to 100 posts, I am at 83
          Blimey! It was 10 when I joined.

          Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

          Comment


          • #6
            Steve the robot cop is 'on life support' after near drowning, but may work again

            I would like to post the link but I am still short of a hundred post

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              And another link

              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40642968

              Externin glug glug bubble
              Ha ha ha ha! The legend is true. Daleks are defeated by stairs.

              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

              Comment


              • #8
                Goes to show, for some lines of work there is nothing that can replace a human. I think the security industry in the United States places too much emphasis on technology and minimum wage hires.

                Comment


                • #9
                  No doubt the trouble all started when some passerby mistook the robot for a trash can and dumped half a cup of hot coffee into it along with the cup...

                  Fireworks ensued, and the robot wanting to put out the fire drove itself into the fountain...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                    too much emphasis on technology and minimum wage hires.
                    So true!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                      Goes to show, for some lines of work there is nothing that can replace a human. I think the security industry in the United States places too much emphasis on technology and minimum wage hires.
                      In this case I think they went for both...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        "At the moment, the K5 is only a prototype, and Knightscope next year will launch a beta program with select partners. But the company is shooting to have the K5 fully deployed by 2015 on a machine-as-a-service business model, meaning clients would pay by the hour for a monthly bill, based on 40-hour weeks, of $1,000. The hourly rate of $6.25 means the cost of the K5 would be competitive with the wages of many a low-wage human security guard." CNET

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Five more posts!

                          Comment

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X