Snopes and Trump Lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snopes and Trump Lies

From Snopes......some very interesting things are brought up.

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/07/12/trump-lies/

Even more impressive given the oft claim of Snopes leaning Left.
    This Excerpt serves as abstract ...
    Broadly speaking, most of the falsehoods levelled against Trump fall into one or more of four categories, each of them drawing from and feeding into four public personas inhabited by the President.
    They are:
    • Donald Trump: International Embarrassment
    • Trump the Tyrant
    • Donald Trump: Bully baby
    • Trump the Buffoon.

Some of these claims are downright fake, entirely fabricated by unreliable or dubious web sites and presented as satire, or otherwise blatantly false. But the rest — some of which have gained significant traction and credibility from otherwise serious people and organizations — provide a fascinating insight into the tactics and preoccupations of the broad anti-Trump movement known as “the Resistance,” whether they were created by critics of the President or merely shared by them.
    Generally speaking, we discovered that they are characterized and driven by four types of errors of thought:
    • Alarmism
    • A lack of historical context or awareness
    • Cherry-picking of evidence (especially visual evidence)
    • A failure to adhere to Occam’s Razor — the common-sense understanding that the simplest explanation for an event or behavior is the most likely.

Infused throughout almost all these claims, behind their successful dissemination, is confirmation bias: the fuel that drives the spread of all propaganda and false or misleading claims among otherwise sensible and skeptical people. Confirmation bias is the tendency to look for, find, remember and share information that confirms the beliefs we already have, and the tendency to dismiss, ignore and forget information that contradicts those beliefs. It is one of the keys to why clever people, on all sides of every disagreement, sometimes believe stupid things that aren’t true.
    We’re going to take a look at the four major types of falsehood we found, which correspond with Donald Trump’s four public personas, and point out along the way how various errors in thought have played a role in their origins and their spread.

For additional reference, Snopes' "archive" of Trump related ...
    http://www.snopes.com/tag/donald-trump/
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Well, the MSM, etc., bias against Trump (deserved or not) has gotten so obvious it hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Well, the MSM, etc., bias against Trump (deserved or not) has gotten so obvious it hurts...
        I agree. Snopes leans to the left. But leaning is a far cry from being in the parking lot beside the left field stands. I think this article is a testament to how far the left has gone. Snopes is having to make entire articles refuting the left in order to restore its credibility.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...nap-story.html

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...ng/pants-fire/

Still a lying POS.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            I agree. Snopes leans to the left. But leaning is a far cry from being in the parking lot beside the left field stands. I think this article is a testament to how far the left has gone. Snopes is having to make entire articles refuting the left in order to restore its credibility.
            Snopes was standing on the warning track right before the left field wall.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Well, at least with politifact, I'd rate anything they say about Trump one to two levels below where they put it. Their bias is so bad the only way they can make a right turn is do three lefts.

Taking just the first one on Politifact's list:

Trump says "CNN's ratings are way down."

Politifact says that's a "Pants on fire" lie and posts a link to CNN as proof.

Well, two seconds on a web search proves that CNN's ratings are falling like a brick according to virtually every site that cares, except maybe CNN themselves.

So, Politifact's rating is utterly and completely bull and wrong. Trump's statement is accurate. But, the Left never lets facts stand in their way...
              Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 16 Jul 17, 13:36.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatter...4762917041167/

It's going to bite ya in the ask one day TAG.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  You mean blatantly obvious.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

This is the latest bone for the dogs of resistence to growl and chew on, trying hard to make a mountain out of a molehill.

In the scope of hundreds of meetings over the course of the campaign, one has to wonder how much is the result of faulty note-taking and memory, especially for what at the time amounted to a meeting of 'no significant consequence'? Paraphrasing a not so distant event of someone from the Democrat side being let off on more serious claims/charges, was there INTENT here to "defraud", or just sloppy record keeping?

Meanwhile there looks to be a level of distraction in play as well. This isn't on the scale of anything covered by the Article. II. Section. 4. of the US Constitution that some would like it to be. So doubt this becomes an "Achilles Heel" on the level of something like Watergate (for example).

Meanwhile the focus of "foul" here seems to be on how one side might have gone about to get the "dirt" on another (H. R.-Clinton) rather than why was there any "dirt" to be found/had in the first place?

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      You mean blatantly obvious.
                      That's usually what "so obvious it hurts" means...

Here's an article to explain it to you...

http://scribol.com/humor/twenty-tota...obvious-hurts/

Brought to you by our expert:

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 16 Jul 17, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        From Snopes......some very interesting things are brought up.

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

Read the article and notice what Snopes does NOT mention.

If you believe that this article was an "in-depth" analysis of the false allegations, you should be troubled by the fact that it did not mention any false allegations about the Russian hacking or Flynn discussions with the Russians, or Comey's memos or the secret contacts between the Trump Campaign and Russian figures. Also, it does not include in any of its examples, mainstream left media such as New York Times and The Washington Post.
                        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                          Read the article and notice what Snopes does NOT mention.

If you believe that this article was an "in-depth" analysis of the false allegations, you should be troubled by the fact that it did not mention any false allegations about the Russian hacking or Flynn discussions with the Russians, or Comey's memos or the secret contacts between the Trump Campaign and Russian figures. Also, it does not include in any of its examples, mainstream left media such as New York Times and The Washington Post.
                          Read what I posted.

I replied "some very interesting things are brought up"

You bring up Flynn, Russians, Comey, secret contacts, New York Times....

You should be troubled that Trump has so much control over what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Way to change the subject. I pointed out the first item on Politifact's site you linked to. Now you are talking about Mediamatters and a whole different subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              Read what I posted.

I replied "some very interesting things are brought up"

You bring up Flynn, Russians, Comey, secret contacts, New York Times....

You should be troubled that Trump has so much control over what you think.
                              And you tried to pass this article as some " in-depth analysis of the false allegations..."which made me push back.
                              What you actually brought was an article with analysis based on selected and relative minor cases which fit your story of Trump's victimhood by the evil left media. This is why I mentioned some counterexamples which were ignored by the authors of this article.
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X